997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

adding the sport chrono package

Old 06-13-2014, 01:29 PM
9114Scab will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Minok
Huh? Not hardly. A very myopic view of the world. Audi (of Volkswagen Audi Gruppe) is a major care company in Germany and Europe first and foremost. The are the principle competitor to Daimler Benz in Germany in the luxury market. The A4000/A5000 acceleration problems were, as with most of the Toyota's, not faults of the vehicles but driver faults where the driver stepped on the gas not the brake. If Audi left North America that may be the demise of Audi NA, and maybe that external facing company crew went and focused on China .. but that is only a small part of what Audi is and does. Don't let the tail wag the dog here.
Well, now they are. They weren't in 86'. China revived Audi and Buick, for that matter. I remember Audi writing checks galore for damages rendered by those vehicles. Myopia is thinking , "it never happened". Toyota corporation was as guilty as sin!! They just wrote a check to the US Government for 1.2 Billion . Largest payout in corporate history, does that sound innocent to you???

Audi was guilty in the early 80s .
Toyota was brutally guilty .
And GM is in big trouble, they are going to get hit with a big fine also.

Audi history doesn't begin in 1995. ( that would be myopic). You need to get informed , Toyota corp conceded that they knew about the issues and did not make them public. How many people died from those Toyotas? You thought it was driver error??

Come on man.

Old 06-13-2014, 01:32 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
And today Chevrolet announces the recall of EVERY Camaro built since 2010 for ignition switch problems.

Old 07-12-2014, 08:24 AM
Hunt3R is just really niceHunt3R is just really niceHunt3R is just really niceHunt3R is just really niceHunt3R is just really nice
I ordered the sport mode retrofit yesterday from my local Porsche dealer to install in my new-to-me 05 997S with a manual trans. I just wanted to comment here because I only see the improved throttle mapping mentioned but in addition you also get a hard rev limiter which shuts the cylinders down sequentially allowing you to bounce the engine off the redline, in contrast to the stock soft rev limiter which cuts ignition causing the car to lurch as power is momentarily lost. And you also get the ability to fully disable PSM to the rear wheels. Without sport mode you can disable PSM but it will still kick in at a certain threshold. With sport mode it actually could still activate itself but at a much lower threshold, I believe only if both front wheels also lose traction. All of these things that the sport mode retrofit gives to a manual tranny car are really only necessary if you plan to track your car, which I do.

Old 07-12-2014, 08:23 PM
qToronto is on a distinguished road
When sport mode is activated in a 4s manual model, does the torque distribution change?

Old 07-13-2014, 05:30 AM
Hunt3R is just really niceHunt3R is just really niceHunt3R is just really niceHunt3R is just really niceHunt3R is just really nice
No, I don't believe so, the change is to the mapping of the throttle input from the gas pedal, which is electronic and controlled by the computer. From Porsche's description: "A modified throttle map relates the pedal angle in the footwell to a much wider angle of opening on the throttle valve. Throttle response is significantly more immediate..."

Everyone says that the car feels faster with sport mode, but as far as how the engine outputs power, nothing has changed there.

Old 07-22-2014, 08:57 AM
9114Scab will become famous soon enough
In case anybody is wondering, I just added the sport chrono package by a local dealer, it cost me about 1960.00. They picked it up and dropped it off. I know some probably got this done for less, but I trust this particular dealership( I have been working with them for a while). I do have a PDK, so I felt it would be worthwhile to add.

Old 09-07-2014, 09:07 PM
EIFFEL is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by windboat
I upgraded my 2011 cab when I owned it. To get the software, you will have provide your VIN# to Porsche through a dealer, if you are a PCA member you should get 10-15% discount on the kit. My upgrade cost me $1100 installed at one of the local ATL Porsche dealers. The software (sport/sport plus) make big difference in the driving fun of the PCAR
Was this for PDK or manual? Which dealer was it? I would love the get this done for my 2012 PDK

Old 09-08-2014, 11:33 AM
windboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by EIFFEL
Was this for PDK or manual? Which dealer was it? I would love the get this done for my 2012 PDK
Jim Ellis Porsche, ask for Ryan in Service, if you need more info send me a PM.

Old 09-08-2014, 01:29 PM
stavros is on a distinguished road
@Hunt3R I assume you've gotten the Sport retrofit installed by now? How does it feel in/out of sport mode?

Old 09-08-2014, 01:48 PM
Yeah Ive had it for a few weeks now but I havent been on the track yet where I can really appreciate it. The change in the throttle mapping is very noticeable and I have to use a little more restraint with my foot on the gas pedal around town. So much so that Im starting to drive around town with sport mode off more often than on because it makes low speed clutch work in traffic more difficult for me whereas I find the normal throttle mapping very easy to drive in traffic. It feels great though when I have an open road and can really push it without any prius's getting in the way.

Old 09-08-2014, 03:18 PM
niki66 is on a distinguished road
My Porsche has Sports Chrono and I rarely use it.