997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Porsche Sport Driving School

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 08:20 PM
2fnquik is on a distinguished road
Porsche Sport Driving School

I took the 2-day course a few weeks ago, my first time on a track. It was an amazing experience, one I would recommend to anyone who has the opportunity. Drove the Cayman S, 991 S, Panamera Turbo, on the track, Cayenne S (off road). Got to do two 991 Turbo S launch control runs, 991 on skidpad, Cayman on autocross, etc.
I met some really great people too. Enjoy!

Ross Bridge Hotel

991 GT3

Old 08-09-2014, 11:29 PM
dethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud of
Looks sweet...

Old 08-10-2014, 07:14 AM
RBarbieri is on a distinguished road
Get some track time and then go back for the Masters school. It's even more fun.

Old 08-10-2014, 07:57 AM
Bruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of lightBruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of lightBruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of lightBruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of lightBruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of lightBruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of light
Any manual shift cars? Was there a mix of PDK & Manual?

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Old 08-10-2014, 10:14 AM
Ran ran is on a distinguished road
Sweet how much did this cost?

Old 08-10-2014, 10:53 AM
mk3boy is just really nicemk3boy is just really nicemk3boy is just really nicemk3boy is just really nice
wow lucky guy

Old 08-10-2014, 11:02 AM
stevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura about
Did it two years ago right after I bought my second 911. Highly recommended as well.
But be careful I was so impressed with the Cayenne that now I have one on order!

Old 08-10-2014, 02:42 PM
eviligloo has a reputation beyond reputeeviligloo has a reputation beyond reputeeviligloo has a reputation beyond reputeeviligloo has a reputation beyond reputeeviligloo has a reputation beyond reputeeviligloo has a reputation beyond reputeeviligloo has a reputation beyond reputeeviligloo has a reputation beyond reputeeviligloo has a reputation beyond reputeeviligloo has a reputation beyond reputeeviligloo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bruce in Philly
Any manual shift cars? Was there a mix of PDK & Manual?

Peace
Bruce in Philly
I would love to know this as well

Old 08-10-2014, 04:18 PM
The two schools I went to had both. The schools aren't cheap, but in my opinion well worth the cost.

Old 08-10-2014, 04:51 PM
a4ep will become famous soon enough
Thanks for posting! I am doing the Masters course first week in October. I did the 2 Day experience back in 2004 so I can't wait to try the masters with the new cars. I hope I get to try the 991 GT3!

Old 08-10-2014, 05:01 PM
I was there in May. No GT3's, but did drive the new Carrera Turbo S. A very fast car!

Old 08-10-2014, 05:18 PM
windboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by a4ep
Thanks for posting! I am doing the Masters course first week in October. I did the 2 Day experience back in 2004 so I can't wait to try the masters with the new cars. I hope I get to try the 991 GT3!
Just did Masters in July, now on second day of Masters they are letting you drive both the new TurboS and GT3 for about 10 laps each. Great fun....

Old 08-11-2014, 08:02 AM
Thanks for the + feedback! Will go back for masters and get in some PCA track time in the meanwhile..

Yes mix of manual and PDK and they introduce you (basic course) to heel & toe shifting in the 7sp manual. Awesome how the computer auto-blips the throttle in the manual on downshifts in sport-plus. The computer and instructors are awesome at it and I suck

Old 08-11-2014, 08:06 AM
Cayenne was amazing on the off-road course too. I will post a video of this. As you said steve, this course may become VERY expensive

Old 08-11-2014, 09:15 AM
niranjan is on a distinguished road
I've been thinking about doing the Porsche sport driving school or a Skip Barber course. Can someone who has done both give me the pros and cons of each? I went to the Porsche World Roadshow and I'm concerned the Porsche school might similarly be too much of a sales event. I'm really looking to have fun on the track and improve my driving. Not as interested in them selling me on their latest and greatest technologies as I already have a 911. Thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche Sport Driving School