997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.2 Fuchs Style Wheel Advice Sought

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 10:16 AM
golfnutintib is on a distinguished road
997.2 Fuchs Style Wheel Advice Sought

Thought I'd check in with 997 owners on your thoughts on putting a set of Fuchs fan blade style wheels on my Guards Red 997. See photos. Currently running Carrera Classic 19's, and like em, but considering a change to the Fuchs style AG rim, given I recently put a duck tail rear lid on the car, so maybe we finish the classic 911 look on the car.

Typically all the Fuchs/AG copies have black centers inside the polished lips but they can be repainted any color. I know these wheels look best on non-color cars (meaning black, silver, grey etc etc). What are your thoughts on what would look best under a red car?

Opinions welcome, thanks in advance.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20150103_084020[1].jpg
Views:	944
Size:	3.10 MB
ID:	411457   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150103_140617[1].jpg
Views:	1274
Size:	3.14 MB
ID:	411458  
Old 01-07-2015, 12:18 PM
shyamvenky has a reputation beyond reputeshyamvenky has a reputation beyond reputeshyamvenky has a reputation beyond reputeshyamvenky has a reputation beyond reputeshyamvenky has a reputation beyond reputeshyamvenky has a reputation beyond reputeshyamvenky has a reputation beyond reputeshyamvenky has a reputation beyond reputeshyamvenky has a reputation beyond reputeshyamvenky has a reputation beyond reputeshyamvenky has a reputation beyond repute
Great looking car! :P I have the complement setup on my red C2. I have the Fuchs style alloys, and am waiting to add a ducktail. I could not find a lot of red cars with the ducktail until now I'd appreciate it if you can share more pics of the car - esp the ducktail (PM a link) or post in this thread itself. Which version of the ducktail is this, and from which shop?

Here are some pictures of my car with the wheels. I also have the Spyder Auto LED tails. Another cheap addition is the black headlamp surround - depends on individual taste though. KI Studios has a vinyl specifically cutout for this. I think they may have other decals as well.

Old 01-07-2015, 12:18 PM
silver329 is a jewel in the roughsilver329 is a jewel in the roughsilver329 is a jewel in the roughsilver329 is a jewel in the rough
Beautiful car. I like the ducktail a lot.
I like classic color themes on p cars and I think the original black centers with steel outer lips Fuchs would be an amazing look to your car. Very menacing yet classic.

Old 01-07-2015, 12:28 PM
Thanks Shy

I will try to post more pics later. Mine is a Mischa tail. Little lower than the OEM replica, so it doesn't need the redundant CMHBL. Search Mischa ducktail you will find them... good fabricator in LA area.

Question for you - which wheel is on your car? The Avant Garde, or the Porsche OEM Sport Classic, or Wheel Dynamics OS II? Looks very nice - the smoked tails are cool going with the black wheels. Haven't seen nice pics of the black Fuchs on a red car, so this is helpful.

Originally Posted by shyamvenky
Great looking car! :P I have the complement setup on my red C2. I have the Fuchs style alloys, and am waiting to add a ducktail. I could not find a lot of red cars with the ducktail until now I'd appreciate it if you can share more pics of the car - esp the ducktail (PM a link) or post in this thread itself. Which version of the ducktail is this, and from which shop?

Here are some pictures of my car with the wheels. I also have the Spyder Auto LED tails. Another cheap addition is the black headlamp surround - depends on individual taste though. KI Studios has a vinyl specifically cutout for this. I think they may have other decals as well.

Last edited by golfnutintib; 01-07-2015 at 12:30 PM.
Old 01-07-2015, 12:31 PM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !

Search the thread called "Duck tail finals" and there are tons of pics of all the different ducktails, and cars with the fuch/ducktail combo. Cheers.

Old 01-07-2015, 12:35 PM
Thanks WR ... will look

Originally Posted by White Rock
Search the thread called "Duck tail finals" and there are tons of pics of all the different ducktails, and cars with the fuch/ducktail combo. Cheers.

Old 01-07-2015, 01:31 PM
Get Your Wheels is a splendid one to beholdGet Your Wheels is a splendid one to beholdGet Your Wheels is a splendid one to beholdGet Your Wheels is a splendid one to beholdGet Your Wheels is a splendid one to beholdGet Your Wheels is a splendid one to beholdGet Your Wheels is a splendid one to behold
Gorgeous 997.2 Steve, loving the new ducktail!

A set of Ruger Classics will definitely set it off perfectly.

Got your message and left you one back, give me a call when you get a chance and we can discuss your finishing!

Old 01-07-2015, 02:17 PM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by golfnutintib
Thanks WR ... will look
Here you go. Post on page 4 about half way down has the ducktail and Fuch wheels. Looks killer

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...il-finals.html

Old 01-07-2015, 02:52 PM
shyamvenky has a reputation beyond reputeshyamvenky has a reputation beyond reputeshyamvenky has a reputation beyond reputeshyamvenky has a reputation beyond reputeshyamvenky has a reputation beyond reputeshyamvenky has a reputation beyond reputeshyamvenky has a reputation beyond reputeshyamvenky has a reputation beyond reputeshyamvenky has a reputation beyond reputeshyamvenky has a reputation beyond reputeshyamvenky has a reputation beyond repute
I have heard good things about Misha. My wheels are Avant Garde. I was lucky enough to find these on craigslist from a guy who bought these for his Boxster and they didn't fit. So I got 'em real cheap You will be able to find deals online.. Just Google it

Thanks Shy

I will try to post more pics later. Mine is a Mischa tail. Little lower than the OEM replica, so it doesn't need the redundant CMHBL. Search Mischa ducktail you will find them... good fabricator in LA area.

Question for you - which wheel is on your car? The Avant Garde, or the Porsche OEM Sport Classic, or Wheel Dynamics OS II? Looks very nice - the smoked tails are cool going with the black wheels. Haven't seen nice pics of the black Fuchs on a red car, so this is helpful.

Old 01-07-2015, 11:35 PM
OK thanks again. Yes I am quite aware of the AG's. Researching the AG's vs the Wheel Dynamics OS Design II's I have convinced myself they are the identical wheel, probably made in the same Taiwanese factory. AG's $300 cheaper, probably because its AG's contract manufacturer there.

I have heard good things about Misha. My wheels are Avant Garde. I was lucky enough to find these on craigslist from a guy who bought these for his Boxster and they didn't fit. So I got 'em real cheap You will be able to find deals online.. Just Google it

Old 01-08-2015, 11:10 AM
Well, the Wheel Dynamics ones are closer to the authentic Fuchs (Sport Classic ones) in terms of looks - the lip is more like the Lobster Forks for the original wheels. The AG ones have a plain lip. It is easier to spot the difference in the rear wheels. Many wouldn't notice it out in the street though. I've received a lot of complements for AG wheels

Old 01-08-2015, 11:14 AM
OK thanks for pointing that out... yes I now see the ridged polished rim vs the smooth rim.

One is more true to the old Fuchs with the small propellers, one is a cleaner look. I am leaning AG...

Decisions decisions LOL.

Well, the Wheel Dynamics ones are closer to the authentic Fuchs (Sport Classic ones) in terms of looks - the lip is more like the Lobster Forks for the original wheels. The AG ones have a plain lip. It is easier to spot the difference in the rear wheels. Many wouldn't notice it out in the street though. I've received a lot of complements for AG wheels

Last edited by golfnutintib; 01-08-2015 at 11:23 AM.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:41 PM
Kinesis 996 is on a distinguished road
Thought I'd check in with 997 owners on your thoughts on putting a set of Fuchs fan blade style wheels on my Guards Red 997. See photos. Currently running Carrera Classic 19's, and like em, but considering a change to the Fuchs style AG rim, given I recently put a duck tail rear lid on the car, so maybe we finish the classic 911 look on the car.

Typically all the Fuchs/AG copies have black centers inside the polished lips but they can be repainted any color. I know these wheels look best on non-color cars (meaning black, silver, grey etc etc). What are your thoughts on what would look best under a red car?

Opinions welcome, thanks in advance.
What front lip is that on your car? Is that a stock c2S bumper fitted the speedster lip? And it fits without using GTS bumper?

Old 01-29-2015, 09:57 AM
Mspeedster is a jewel in the roughMspeedster is a jewel in the roughMspeedster is a jewel in the rough
In general, I like black rims on red cars. So I think the Fuchs would be perfect, especially with the duck tail.

I've got the Porsche OEM Sport Classic Fuchs on my Basalt Black, but honestly think the Fuchs look even better on brighter colored cars (e.g. Red, Yellow, Light Blue etc.)