997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

New(ish) Member Photos - Brake Pad Question

Old 01-12-2015, 12:44 PM
PRSCH UH is on a distinguished road
New(ish) Member Photos - Brake Pad Question

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum but not exactly new to car forums or even 6Speed for that matter.

I previously owned an Audi A4, which was modified beyond reason, and a CTTS.

I have since sold both and recently purchased a 2006 C2 with 33,000 miles. This is the only photo I have of the 997 since I am pretty much working sunrise to sunset this time of the year, and wanted to get a picture with the new wheels.

Quick question about brake pads while I am here -- I have read through many threads and it seems the majority uses Pagid. But what compound, as I see there are a few different types on Suncoast's site? Looking for hard bite on the street but nothing that's for a full blown track car. I will be changing the fluid when doing the pads as well.

Happy New Year and thanks for having a look!

Old 01-12-2015, 02:56 PM
Don
Don is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to all
Nice car! I think most people that don't need pads for the track stick to stock pads. That's what I have for the street and then Performance Friction (PFC) for the track.

Old 01-13-2015, 04:16 PM
stronbl has a spectacular aura aboutstronbl has a spectacular aura about
If you are truly not tracking, then I agree, OEM is fine. But if you want a combo pad that is very good on the street and well above average on the track (say a few track days a year), I've been running the new Cool Carbon compound for front and rear (997-2 C4S) and have been pleasantly surprised (full disclosure - I run many track days and last year decided I wanted to test a lot of pads to build up my personal knowledge depending on driving situations). It won't match a PFC or Pagid as a pure track pad but is worth considering for street and some track combinations.

Old 01-14-2015, 08:19 AM
PRSCH UH is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the responses guys. I am looking to do a few PCA events per year. So maybe I just need a fluid change to gain a little of the bite I so desire on the streets and go with a full track pad for the off road stuff.

Old 01-14-2015, 07:29 PM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PRSCH UH
Thanks for the responses guys. I am looking to do a few PCA events per year. So maybe I just need a fluid change to gain a little of the bite I so desire on the streets and go with a full track pad for the off road stuff.
That's what I do. I use high temp fluid flushed once a year and use Pagid Yellows for the track. It takes me 30 minutes to swap out all of the pads.