997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.2 Can you do the Vehicle Handover yourself?

Old 01-16-2015, 03:02 PM
s4alex is on a distinguished road
997.2 Can you do the Vehicle Handover yourself?

So as I am trying to diagnose my Homelink issues, I have seen a lot of people suggesting to go to the dealer and do a Vehicle Handover reset.

From what I gather, what this does is besically wipes out all data and resets the PCM to a clean factory setting.

Okay.

So, my main question, can this be done by the owner?

Going through the head unit...

If you select:

Info
Option
Set PCM System
Reset
Vehicle Handover

Is this the same thing?

There are two options, complete wipe or factory reset. Complete wipe, wipes the system clean. The factory reset, just resets all settings to default but does not delete user data.

I have made a video and will put it on Youtube, but I wanted to make sure it was correct before posting.

Old 02-18-2015, 10:24 PM
Anyone have any thoughts?

Old 02-18-2015, 10:32 PM
Wayne Smith is on a distinguished road
Sounds spooky. Mind if I ask what the Homelink problem is?

Old 02-19-2015, 12:33 AM
Originally Posted by Wayne Smith
Sounds spooky. Mind if I ask what the Homelink problem is?

My particular issue was stupid, however, the particular issue I thought I had is a known issue..

My Homelink was not working. I tried to reset/clear codes, held down buttons, program, etc. Nothing. I wasn't even getting a blinking amber light by the buttons.

After doing some research, it seams that is a known issue along with the seat heaters not working. The resolution to the issue? Go to the dealer and have them do a "Vehicle Handover". This basically resets the PCM to factory defaults. Clears out any saved memory.

My actual issue? Missing fuse. Since "HOMELINK" is stated NOWHERE in the fuse listings, I assumed all fuses were there and they were all good, as I tested them with a tester. Come to find out it is listed under NETWORK something. Which happened to be missing a fuse. Once I put a 7.5A fuse in there, bob's your uncle.

Go figure.

Old 02-19-2015, 01:06 AM
Wayne Smith is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by s4alex

My particular issue was stupid, however, the particular issue I thought I had is a known issue..

My Homelink was not working. I tried to reset/clear codes, held down buttons, program, etc. Nothing. I wasn't even getting a blinking amber light by the buttons.

After doing some research, it seams that is a known issue along with the seat heaters not working. The resolution to the issue? Go to the dealer and have them do a "Vehicle Handover". This basically resets the PCM to factory defaults. Clears out any saved memory.

My actual issue? Missing fuse. Since "HOMELINK" is stated NOWHERE in the fuse listings, I assumed all fuses were there and they were all good, as I tested them with a tester. Come to find out it is listed under NETWORK something. Which happened to be missing a fuse. Once I put a 7.5A fuse in there, bob's your uncle.

Go figure.
Good to hear it was that easy, even if not evident. Sounds like a good spot on your part!

Old 02-19-2015, 05:53 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
I had a similar issue and I went to the dealer for the vehicle handover. My service advisor said that on the 997, the handover can be performed through the PCM menus as described above. This is apparently not the case for the 991.

The vehicle handover didn't fix my problem. I wasn't sure what to do next, and then the Homelink system suddenly started to work again a few days later. It has worked ever since then.

Old 02-20-2015, 11:11 PM
Jam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by s4alex

Go figure.
Looking at the fuse chart, I see nothing with the word NETWORK, can you please specify the fuse number.

Old 02-21-2015, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by Jam996
Looking at the fuse chart, I see nothing with the word NETWORK, can you please specify the fuse number.

This is from my 997.2

Fuse Holder B
Slot 6
Label: CU ON BOARD COMP. NETWORK
Fuse: 7.5A

I mean now that I read it again, it just so OBVIOUS that is for homelink. 😕

Old 09-20-2018, 01:31 PM
jayi836 will become famous soon enoughjayi836 will become famous soon enough
This is an old thread just found it.
Have a issue with a new to me 997.1TT car equipped with the Sports Chrono package however its not available in the Multi-Function Display same with the radio and Nav text, that should be there when cycling with the MFD stalk, I also don't see the Cruise control indicator on the dash.
I went into coding using the Durametric and enabled all the options I have however not working.
Seats and home-link all work.

I suspect its reverted back to handover /delivery mode as the Carfax has 3 key reprograms in the history

Old 03-17-2022, 11:32 AM
TTGator is an unknown quantity at this point
Since this is the first google result for Vehicle Handover, I figured it would a great place to post this video on how to do a Vehicle Handover yourself!