997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Porsche Dealership Service Horrors and overall dissatisfaction :LONG:

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 08:04 PM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OldBoldPilot
....Which type of dealer you get is really just a throw of the dice.
True, if you don't do your homework. In the market for a late model 911? Ask a current owner of a late model 911 where they bought their car? New or used? Would they recommend that dealer for purchasing or maintenance needs? If so, why? If not, then why not? Whittling down the list of potential dealers just got a little easier. Going in blind is a throw of the dice and is just asking for trouble.

Old 09-16-2015, 08:21 PM
phaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond repute
As an aside, what was the cause of the stuck parking brake?

Old 09-16-2015, 08:25 PM
NYC997 has a spectacular aura aboutNYC997 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by phaphaphooey
As an aside, what was the cause of the stuck parking brake?
The parking brake mechanism just got stuck... my car has the aluminum parking brake and shift ****, the plastic under the metal cracked and just got jammed under the button.

Pretty silly thing, but it totally disabled the car since the rear wheels were locked.

The tow trucked need to get a wheel skate under both rear wheels so they could hook the car and put it on the flat bed and not a single authorized Porsche tow truck had the equipment on hand or at their shop.

Old 09-17-2015, 07:44 AM
too tall will become famous soon enough
I'm a huge fan of my dealership. They are wonderful, get it right. This is not by chance. There is another dealership closer to me who treated me like a poor cousin when I was shopping for a used P car. The treatment and strange behavior were a clear warning sign to stay away. Always trust your gut in my case that has served me well.

After my CPO has expired I'm sticking with my dealer.

What bothers me most about your story is that P N.America has not straightened these gents out. Their customer service surveys can't be good.

Best of luck sir.

Old 09-18-2015, 03:17 PM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
I just relocated to Florida from NJ and always used the same dealer where I bought my cars to service them (Jack Daniels) and they have a terrific service manager (Chris) and a super human tech (Walter) and now I have to take it to a new dealer and I'm petrified.

My tech was like my brother and the entire dealership treated me like I was someone very special to them. I hope I have the same experience in Naples as I did at jack Daniels….I should find out in a few weeks since the car is due for the 40K Service.

I'll keep you posted.

Based on my NJ experience I would always use the dealership….I have no good experiences with independents….NONE!

Tom

Old 09-18-2015, 04:33 PM
FlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by tommyv
Based on my NJ experience I would always use the dealership….I have no good experiences with independents….NONE!

Tom
The only independent I have ever used was recommended by a Porsche mechanic in Barrnigton, IL, and was a wonderfully talented German who had 40 plus years of Porsche experience, 30 odd with Porsche dealerships.

I think independents are just like dealers, a coin toss.

Old 09-18-2015, 05:14 PM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by FlaHeel
The only independent I have ever used was recommended by a Porsche mechanic in Barrnigton, IL, and was a wonderfully talented German who had 40 plus years of Porsche experience, 30 odd with Porsche dealerships.

I think independents are just like dealers, a coin toss.
Probably so….I just like the odds better with a dealer!

Tom

Old 09-18-2015, 05:50 PM
Jack Daniels is definitely a bit of a trip for me, but for the peace of mind and review your giving it ... definitely worth a shot.

Have you ever been to Ray Catena Porsche? Ive had a good experience with Ray Catena Infiniti but never stepped foot into Porsche.

I just relocated to Florida from NJ and always used the same dealer where I bought my cars to service them (Jack Daniels) and they have a terrific service manager (Chris) and a super human tech (Walter) and now I have to take it to a new dealer and I'm petrified.

My tech was like my brother and the entire dealership treated me like I was someone very special to them. I hope I have the same experience in Naples as I did at jack Daniels….I should find out in a few weeks since the car is due for the 40K Service.

I'll keep you posted.

Tom

Old 09-20-2015, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by NYC997
Jack Daniels is definitely a bit of a trip for me, but for the peace of mind and review your giving it ... definitely worth a shot.

Have you ever been to Ray Catena Porsche? Ive had a good experience with Ray Catena Infiniti but never stepped foot into Porsche.
Oh they're great….ask for Walter to work on your car and tell him Tom with the Turquoise Blue Porsche recommended him……you'll never go to anyone else….EVER!

Let me know what you think if you decide to go there.

Tom

Old 09-20-2015, 08:33 PM
Oh they're great….ask for Walter to work on your car and tell him Tom with the Turquoise Blue Porsche recommended him……you'll never go to anyone else….EVER!

Let me know what you think if you decide to go there.

Tom
Thanks Tom!

Old 09-20-2015, 11:55 PM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of

Tom
If you freak out, just drive an hour north to Sarasota. I have very good relationships with both the SA and the techs at Suncoast and will make sure you're well taken care of.

Old 09-21-2015, 12:23 AM
Thanks Jonas.......I'm going to give them a try first.....I had all of my service records sent to them and the Service Manager has been very responsive so far so I'm optimistic.

Plus they said they'd pick the car up at my house and deliver it back at the end of the day which is a very nice service.

I hope to see you soon when I visit my sister in Sarasota!

Tom

Old 09-21-2015, 03:54 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Jack Daniels is one of the dealers I posted about that has lots of employees jumping from one dealer to another in large groups. Don t know why???? The reason I went to another local dealer was one time I called for a wheel alignment and they said they send the car out when I asked them about what machine they had... Found local dealer with their own alignment machine.

Last edited by cerbomark; 09-21-2015 at 03:58 PM.
Old 09-21-2015, 04:20 PM
Malexgcab will become famous soon enoughMalexgcab will become famous soon enough
Paul miller has been great for me. They were very courteous and understanding. I had a loaner for about a month since I brought the car in during snow season, they couldn't test drive the car. I had an Audi A3 for a week then they switched me to brand new cayenne for 3 weeks.

I also tried to stay with one SA and made sure I always said hello to the SM whenever I saw him. Also helps to give a bottle of moderately priced wine during the Holidays.

Old 09-22-2015, 06:26 PM
jbauza has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I am on my second 911, used a dealer in COLUMBIA SC, which was a nightmare . For the second car I have been using the dealer at Hilton Head SC , it has been a very positive experience. They have perform everything from regular service to upgrading intake and exhaust , plus many other mods.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche Dealership Service Horrors and overall dissatisfaction :LONG: