997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Leatherique before & after :WOW:

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 08:08 PM
thedips is on a distinguished road
amazing results... saving this thread for future reference ...

Old 09-23-2015, 08:43 AM
no1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to all
Mine arrived today, though a hot day is months away in Sydney.

Are you sure a hair dryer on an area can't do the same trick? I can't hold the hair dryer to my hand for more than 5 second before it starts to burn. Surely that's got to be faster than leaving it in the sun all day.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:55 AM
TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !
I would be worried about concentrating the heat too much on a given spot if using a hairdryer. If you are careful and keep moving, it should work.

Another idea is to take black plastic bags (e.g. garbage bags) and "bag" your seats (bottoms and uppers with separate bags) after parking outside. Even if it is a cool day, as long as there is sun it will heat up nicely.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:49 AM
malahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by no1joey
Mine arrived today, though a hot day is months away in Sydney.

Are you sure a hair dryer on an area can't do the same trick? I can't hold the hair dryer to my hand for more than 5 second before it starts to burn. Surely that's got to be faster than leaving it in the sun all day.
You want even, consistent heat for a prolonged time period. Hair dryer will not provide that. Might make things worse if not careful. Like you said burns after five seconds....

Old 09-23-2015, 10:56 AM
no1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to all
Originally Posted by malahhaor
You want even, consistent heat for a prolonged time period. Hair dryer will not provide that. Might make things worse if not careful. Like you said burns after five seconds....
I wont b holding it in the same spot or up close. About 6 inches away and moving constantly up and down. One section at a time. 10 min per section should be plenty

Old 09-23-2015, 10:55 PM
Kellen has much to be proud ofKellen has much to be proud ofKellen has much to be proud ofKellen has much to be proud ofKellen has much to be proud ofKellen has much to be proud ofKellen has much to be proud ofKellen has much to be proud of
Just applied. I rubbed it into the seats, shifter and doors using my hands. By the time I was done it was already tacky. The garage I keep it in keeps warmth usually upper 70's so it should provide some nice heat. Figure Ill head down and apply more to the bolster wear areas and also run it to let the seat heaters help.

Old 09-24-2015, 01:58 AM
Works pretty well! Used a hair dryer. It looks a lot nicer in person, the camera flash accentuates every line and mark.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:51 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by no1joey
Why the water? I thought you had to use the cream to clean it after? Do you have to clean the leather prior to using the oil?
I use a spray bottle to apply the Prestine clean, brush the small area with a nice soft leather brush then use a damp MF cloth to wipe the area and then rinse the MF in the bucket of water. Once the seat is done, I wipe it all again with a damp MF towel then apply some Prestine clean to the damp MF and wipe the seat. This is what has worked for me....

Again, the other really important part is to have the car in the hot sun for a prolonged time period when the Rejuvenator oil is on. The hotter the better.

Last edited by Johnny DB; 09-24-2015 at 10:53 AM.
Old 09-24-2015, 12:38 PM
raviis is on a distinguished road
product link

Can someone post a link to the actual product please.

Thx
Ravi

Old 09-24-2015, 01:11 PM
Kellen has much to be proud ofKellen has much to be proud ofKellen has much to be proud ofKellen has much to be proud ofKellen has much to be proud ofKellen has much to be proud ofKellen has much to be proud ofKellen has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by raviis
Can someone post a link to the actual product please.

Thx
Ravi
http://www.leatherique.com

Old 09-24-2015, 11:34 PM
Old 09-26-2015, 09:17 AM
Just got done, nice improvement. No before pics, but it is definitely more soft, matte in color. Let it sit two nights with a reapplication once, with seat heaters on during application. Further it sat in my condo garage which is like 75-80 at all times.

It did take a couple applications of the pristine clean alternating with a wash rag to get rid of the residue. Did the seats, doors, shifter and center console cover. Forgot to do the steering wheel!

Old 09-26-2015, 09:24 AM
Yes I was impressed at how matte the seats looked.

I am awaiting my new re wrapped centre consol lid and handbrake from the classic 9 leather shop in MI. Just repainted the centre consol and door sill plates. & recently rewrapped the steering wheel. & found a new tiptronic shift **** on ebay for $50 and have ordered a new shift **** surround trim from Porsche ($200). Can't wait to put it all together & take pics.

Old 09-26-2015, 03:56 PM
myw
myw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to behold
incredible! will have to try this myself. thanks OP for sharing.

Old 09-28-2015, 02:38 PM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
For those in Canada:

http://www.leatheriquecanada.com/

I believe he ships out of Toronto...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Leatherique before & after :WOW: