997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Garage idea help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 07:41 PM
markj is a jewel in the roughmarkj is a jewel in the roughmarkj is a jewel in the roughmarkj is a jewel in the rough
... and the winner is !

Damn EMC2, are you trying to embarrass us?

Old 01-20-2016, 12:27 PM
yvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of light
Yes, obviously Money is no object in that luscious garage. Nice choice of colors.

Yves

Old 01-21-2016, 03:55 AM
amge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by markj
... and the winner is !

Damn EMC2, are you trying to embarrass us?
I'm going to take a wild guess and say he works for a German company named Porsche.

Old 01-22-2016, 06:46 AM
cairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the rough
I hope he does.....

Old 01-22-2016, 04:26 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by EMC2
A few ideas from mine:

Wow ! Killer garage EMC2 !!

and I was gonna suggest this lol :

Old 01-22-2016, 04:32 PM
TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by amge63
I'm going to take a wild guess and say he works for a German company named Porsche.
If you look at his build on garagejournal, he doesn't. He is just an enthusiast (with a GREAT garage).

Old 01-23-2016, 07:16 AM
wc11 has a spectacular aura aboutwc11 has a spectacular aura about
Here ya go.
I did this last summer.
Stereo with in ceiling speakers, power, exhaust fans & pneumatics, Racedeck floor, bar fridge, neon signs, gas furnace with Nest thermostat, high lift garage door with Liftmaster 8500 side shaft mount opener.

Lighting is various florescents using daylight(5000k) bulbs.
Low profile led light above the lift and led under cabinet lighting.

Attached Images     

Last edited by wc11; 01-23-2016 at 07:23 AM.
Old 01-23-2016, 09:46 AM
EMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TypeRx
If you look at his build on garagejournal, he doesn't. He is just an enthusiast (with a GREAT garage).
Thanks TypeRx - that's correct - just a bit of a Porsche and detailing fanatic, and wanted to have a garage worthy of the cars, and to be a place I can really enjoy working on them. + it was all 100% DIY

Old 01-23-2016, 10:19 AM
markj is a jewel in the roughmarkj is a jewel in the roughmarkj is a jewel in the roughmarkj is a jewel in the rough
great job EMC2 and WC11 !

Old 01-23-2016, 12:09 PM
TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by EMC2
Thanks TypeRx - that's correct - just a bit of a Porsche and detailing fanatic, and wanted to have a garage worthy of the cars, and to be a place I can really enjoy working on them. + it was all 100% DIY
Is the rust bullet holding up and how much did it cost? I've used VCT tile in old 4 car garage but need to figure out what to do since I moved to a house with a bare floor 3-car space. I was planning on VCT again as I'd like to DIY

Old 01-23-2016, 02:04 PM
EMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TypeRx
Is the rust bullet holding up and how much did it cost? I've used VCT tile in old 4 car garage but need to figure out what to do since I moved to a house with a bare floor 3-car space. I was planning on VCT again as I'd like to DIY

Excuse the brief response - traveling today.
Yes it is holding up perfectly. If you look up my thread on Garage Journal you'll see some recent pics I posted of the floor a few months back. I also posted the number of gallons and the square footage there. I can absolutely recommend it. Just prep well and follow instructions and you can't go wrong. Extremely tough product and ZERO issues of hot tire pickup.
I think I was probably the first (or one of) to use Rust Bullet on a residential floor several years back, but you'll see that recently it has become really popular.

Old 01-25-2016, 07:05 PM
CoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really nice
These are fantastic; I can't wait to own a house with a garage that I can personalize!

Old 01-26-2016, 07:31 PM
Cpiendl is on a distinguished road
Finished my garage makeover in November.

Old 01-27-2016, 06:28 PM
Jpara98 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cairo94507
For a small residential garage consider using porcelain tile on the floor. Installed properly, it is tougher than concrete. Really cleans up the space and is easy to maintain. Go over to GarageJournal.com (http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/f...splay.php?f=20) and go to their flooring tab and look at all of the different solutions. I have a garage remodel that will happen next year and will do porcelain tile. None of the coatings I have seen or read about last. They all seem to lift, discolor, etc. The plastic tiles just don't impress me at all. As for lighting, LED lights all the way. Use 4' fixtures in conjunction with cans to hit the tough to light areas. You will never regret going overboard on light as your eyes age. I would multiple switch them so you can control the level of lighting you want to turn on. A garage sink is always nice. In wall air lines with multiple connections around the garage for easy of use. Good stereo system/speakers for music to work by. A small refrigerator is a nice touch. I have had in my other garages the jack-shaft garage openers that mount to the wall next to the door and eliminate that opener and track over the cars. I will use them on this remodel too. I also do the doors with high-lift tracks to raise the door as close to the ceiling as possible, it opens up the space visually. Of course the garage should be fully insulated with insulated doors to keep it as comfortable as possible. I fully sheetrock, tape, texture and paint too. In my upcoming remodel, finally, I will excavate a pit, pour a "vault" to accommodate a scissor lift to make playing with cars easier on my back. When the lift is down the floor will be completely flush. That is about all I got for now. Good luck and enjoy.
I would add central vac line line if you have it and a 50 ft hose and tool kit. Helps keep cars and garage clean

Old 01-29-2016, 10:03 AM
paqueras is on a distinguished road
My garage. Is under construction..

Last edited by paqueras; 01-29-2016 at 10:29 AM.