997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Chance to trade 2010 c2s with a 2010 turbo would you do it?

Old 05-07-2016, 06:00 AM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Hey buddy! And you've got the audio upgrade in your car! Well, the good news is, just rip it out and put it in the new one. Those brown cars are hideous though. I wouldn't do it. But, drive a .2 turbo the cars are incredible.

Old 05-07-2016, 02:26 PM
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
Hey bro, yup enjoying your sound mod everytime. The brown really isn't growing on me. Cost will always be a consideration. Gt3 would be nice to have but I use the car on less than perfect roads, traffic jams etc where a gt3 might not be the best car.

Old 05-13-2016, 05:06 PM
tphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond repute
I got my C2S to where i want it, for me to pull trigger on a Turbo it must have:
- Atlas Grey or GT Silver or basalt black (in that order)
- Ceramic brakes
- Sport chrono package
- PDK transmission
- Full leather interior
- mild mods, no crazy 600 hp+ stuff, my heart no longer can handle

Old 05-14-2016, 03:45 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Macadamia Brown Metallic over Sand Beige leather is a fantastic combination, and it's truly beautiful. It's quite unusual, especially in a turbo. It's much more interesting than silver, gray, or black cars. I searched for mine in that combination for a long time.

You should drive the turbo to compare, but it sounds like you're pretty happy with your C2S.

Old 05-15-2016, 09:37 AM
tphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dennis C
You should drive the turbo to compare, but it sounds like you're pretty happy with your C2S.
I should. The good thing about the C2S is no monthly payment, the 997.2 Turbo would set back $25-30K financing which isn't bad but still...hated monthly car payment. The $5K in sale tax suck too...oh well gotta pay wanna play

Old 05-17-2016, 08:34 AM
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
Color is a deal breaker for me. It's the one telling me not to bite. At first I thought it was good, but after a while starts to disappear. Of course to each his own. There are colors however that grow on oneself..white is one of them.

Old 05-18-2016, 08:04 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
You don't like the color, then you definitely shouldn't buy it. You'll always look at the car and wish it was another color. I how you feel about it. When I bought each of my 911s, I wanted specific colors and I searched for a long time. It's part of the fun of buying a 911.

Old 05-19-2016, 08:46 AM
Your right about that dennis

Old 05-20-2016, 12:06 PM
Vicelord is a name known to allVicelord is a name known to allVicelord is a name known to allVicelord is a name known to allVicelord is a name known to allVicelord is a name known to all
Macadamia is the best color.

Old 05-20-2016, 04:28 PM
I agree, it is for some. Not for me. For me, the best for the 997.2 is Carrara white. Which is what I choose for my C2S

Old 11-28-2018, 08:04 PM
stanspan is an unknown quantity at this point
I bought a 2010 Turbo 3 years ago, it had 46,000 miles. Recently I did tune up with coils, front end rebuild and goes in tomorrow for 1 front air strut. Expensive to repair after 50K miles. I have fixed everything. If interested I would sell mine. It has every option you can possibly imagine. Carbon Brakes, Burmeister,PDCC, Natural espresso leather, spider wheels, rear AC, sport chorine, carrera white
car is flawless 48K 169K sticker

Old 11-28-2018, 10:32 PM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by slicky rick
Love my c2s with all it quirks and na engine. It's Low maintenance, the Carrara white paint, the interior and all the bits I have added. Very happy with the power it has and really do not think I need more. But now a low mileage turbo has come into the market and I have an opportunity to trade. I keep my cars but this chance came in and I am contemplating. Only thing not too excited with the color, macadamia with beige interior, not really a sports car color for me. But it's a turbo
Subjective matter. Sure you can wrap it in whatever color you want but unless you plan on keeping it forever it will always be a brown Turbo which as you say yourself isn't most Porsche (or any other sport car) buyer's number one color choice. Probably not even in the top ten but close to the bottom instead. If I was in your situation I would hold off and wait for what you really want. I just can't see spending that kind of money on a car I don't like to look at.

Old 11-29-2018, 08:37 AM
Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sandwedge
Subjective matter. Sure you can wrap it in whatever color you want but unless you plan on keeping it forever it will always be a brown Turbo which as you say yourself isn't most Porsche (or any other sport car) buyer's number one color choice. Probably not even in the top ten but close to the bottom instead. If I was in your situation I would hold off and wait for what you really want. I just can't see spending that kind of money on a car I don't like to look at.

I assume he's made a decision by now since this thread was from 2.5 years ago...lol

We someone bumps an old thread (which I've done many times), it can throw us off a bit..lol

Old 11-29-2018, 08:50 AM
C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !
that's interesting - i think macadamia is one of the great looking colors on a 911! not a beige interior guy, but that's the likely interior color.

Old 11-30-2018, 09:57 PM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Big Swole
I assume he's made a decision by now since this thread was from 2.5 years ago...lol

We someone bumps an old thread (which I've done many times), it can throw us off a bit..lol
He, he....did it again. Just see what looks like a new thread and go from there.