997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 PCCB brake pads questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 03:52 PM
Gotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to behold
997 PCCB brake pads questions

I just had my car service from dealer and it pass with flying color, except the PCCB pads wear measurement seem lower than expected. My front is 5 mm and rear 7 mm pads remaining, question is "is it time to change out the front pads? my rotors are in perfect condition at this time. The rule of thump in this forum is change out the pads at 50% wear, is it true new pads are about 13 mm? if so, my front need to replace and the rear is borderline at this time. Please chime in if you've change your pads lately, also where is the best place to buy OEM pads with the lowest price? thanks in advance everyone.

Old 03-18-2017, 07:13 PM
GCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond repute
anyone tossing pads prematurely is just tossing money.

I imagine you don't do any track driving in honolulu. Id keep them on for a while longer.

Old 04-27-2017, 09:00 PM
Sharkys will become famous soon enough
I don't track my car, but I drive it hard every so often. I have driven approx. 85K on the original pads. The rotors are virtually brand new and the pads look barely worn.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.