997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Eibach vs H and R

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 02:39 PM
Redhot2474 is an unknown quantity at this point
Eibach vs H and R

2 more mods left on my 997.2c4s (with PASM) and then I think I'm done....next is Lowering springs and center bypass. I initially bought pair of eibach springs BUT then froze and didnt put them on for fear of them not being low enough to get cosmetic(my only goal) look Im looking for. I now have both eibach and H and R springs in my garage and I've done nothing. I think I'm going to do the H and R but must say there is some fear as it relates to ride quality and pain in the *** factor of being to low. I've posted a similar question on Rennlist about a month ago and responses were all over the board so though I would post here too .....anyone regret doing the H and R on 997.2? I think I'm going to go that route. I'm willing to sacrifice a bit of ride quality since it's not a daily driver. I appreciate your thoughts and first hand experience , thank u! PS (I will be selling the other box soon if anyone is interested)

Last edited by Redhot2474; 04-14-2017 at 02:41 PM.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:19 PM
EMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud of
This is mine with TechArt springs (which apparently have the same drop as Eibach). imho - combined with the right spacers, this is more than enough drop.:

Measurements here - https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...r-install.html

Old 04-14-2017, 09:03 PM
MYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really nice

H&R 4 years ago dropped an 1-1/2", can hardly feel the difference in the ride.Very happy!

Old 04-14-2017, 11:12 PM
gt2rsobsessed will become famous soon enough
I'll take those Eibach springs off your hands if you go H&R. I would go H&R, but for me it's too much to worry about being that low especially when I drive in NYC. I had a car slammed on coilovers and whenever I drove in NYC, there were too many butt clenching moments Haha.

Either way, it seems members on here and rennlist are happy with both brands,it's just a matter of how low you want to go.

Old 04-15-2017, 08:38 AM
Edman951 is on a distinguished road
my 997.2 C4S
I just installed h&r 2 weeks ago, but only did about 60 miles, spring is only arriving here in Montreal, and road are bad.
So fare happy with the ride, better then expected.
with PASM in sport, less bouncier then stock.

Old 04-15-2017, 08:44 AM
Edman951 is on a distinguished road
Before and After not a big drop, more then this in the front and would need air lift to clear entry's.

Old 04-15-2017, 10:48 AM
Compensating rings

Originally Posted by Edman951
my 997.2 C4S
I just installed h&r 2 weeks ago, but only did about 60 miles, spring is only arriving here in Montreal, and road are bad.
So fare happy with the ride, better then expected.
with PASM in sport, less bouncier then stock.

did you replace compensating ring size too? Or just replace springs ?

Old 04-17-2017, 10:00 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
H&R springs and no regrets.

Old 04-17-2017, 02:10 PM
myw
myw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to behold
nice car!

Originally Posted by Edman951
Before and After not a big drop, more then this in the front and would need air lift to clear entry's.

Old 04-18-2017, 02:28 AM
porscheologist is on a distinguished road
H&R all the way

Old 04-20-2017, 07:42 AM
Derek Zoolander is on a distinguished road
H&R seems to lower a tad more than Eibach, but also seems to have a bit more rake... I can't decide either.

Old 04-20-2017, 07:59 AM
H and R

ive decided to go H and R

Old 04-20-2017, 10:37 AM
r11rs will become famous soon enough
https://www.tirerack.com/suspension/...bach_hr_rd.jsp

and

When you are trying to decide between 2 different lowering springs you have to figure out what is more import to YOU first.

Individuals are different and this is what I caution my local clients against. Don't follow the crowd to closely as it may not be what you are looking for exactly.
The first step is too understand the differences in the lowering springs out there and then make the call based on what appeals to you more as a potential buyer.

Here is a brief overview of the differences between the H&R sport and Eibach lower springs:

H&R - Uses a very stiff 54SiCr6 alloy spring steel that has a higher progressive spring rate than the Eibach springs. That results in less body roll and firmer more precise suspension control. It also reduces the travel of the struts and shocks more than the stock (OE) springs. You gain more control over the suspension movement at the expensive of ride quality.

Eibach - Uses a high strength, high toughness spring steel called "Hi-Ten" in their Pro-Kits. The progressive rate of these springs is not quite as stiff as the H&R sport springs. Eibach focuses more on engineering a balance between ride quality and precise suspension control. Eibach springs will provide the exceptional handling and precise vehicle responsiveness and stability with minimal effect to the ride quality. Eibach engineers are very good at achieving that perfect balance. (optimizing handling vs. ride quality) Eibach springs are designed to allow the suspension to move in a controlled and predictable manner, and they do not compress the OE struts and shocks too much. That can lead to ride harshness that you won't particularly like.

There is a breaking point in regards to aftermarket lowering springs. A spring kit that lowers the vehicle too much, will inadvertently restrict the suspension travel, which results in a less comfortable ride and uneven handling characteristics. The vehicle may skip over bumps and road transitions, causing the tires to loose contact (adhesion/traction) with the road surface. A race prepared vehicle has a chassis and suspension designed for use solely on racetracks. The requirements for an everyday, street-driven vehicle that encounters potholes, expansion joints, weathered tarmac etc. are completely different. Eibach spring kits lower the vehicle center of gravity properly while properly maintaining adequate suspension travel. They have resisted the urge over the years to offer a more "aggressive" drop to their lowering spring kits, and in discussions with their chief engineer a few years ago...I think I know why that is the case. Eibach believes (and I tend to agree) that lowering a vehicle too much is counter-productive, because you will likely end up riding on the bump stops. This is compounded by the fact that OE shocks do not respond very well to being compressed more than the factory springs would allow under normal circumstances. The ride quality will decrease as a result. Eibach Pro-Kits are designed to work with original equipment shocks and struts. The lowering springs MUST NOT impede the suspension travel beyond a certian point...if you want to maintain good performance, and ride quality. (at the same time)

Bottom Line: Every suspension set-up is a critical balance between two contradictions:

Making it as soft as possible...while maintaining some measure of control. (which requires some spring stiffness) Finding that balance between the smooth softer initial characteristic for increased traction and comfortable cruising, while also maintaining a stiffer final progressive rate (as the spring compresses under load) for reduced body roll and better responsiveness under curving, braking and accelerating. That's a very difficult combination to pull off. (he went with the eibach)

Old 04-20-2017, 11:34 AM
vern1 is on a distinguished road
Am curious how you know the spring rates (or how they are not quite as stiff as the H&R) as I have never heard of Eibach disclosing this info to anyone? Is this new info from them?

Old 04-20-2017, 11:57 AM
r11rs will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by vern1
Am curious how you know the spring rates (or how they are not quite as stiff as the H&R) as I have never heard of Eibach disclosing this info to anyone? Is this new info from them?
Would assume it was tested or released. Not hard to do.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.