6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   997 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-31/)
-   -   997.2 dies after re flashing (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997/416778-997-2-dies-after-re-flashing.html)

Triumf 01-18-2018 04:41 AM

997.2 dies after re flashing

My 2009 C2S 997.2 occasionally dies after re flashing. Anyone have the same problem?

garychios 01-22-2018 12:13 AM

RIP to the 997

henryting 02-25-2018 01:26 AM

If you expect help, at least provide some details. What are you flashing ? And what were you trying to achieve ?

jhbrennan 02-25-2018 06:07 AM

His one and only post...guess he got it fixed.

Flatty 03-03-2018 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by jhbrennan (Post 4699504)
His one and only post...guess he got it fixed.

hilarious

Triumf 03-20-2018 08:44 AM

I flashed the ECU to increase performance with Software from Sharkwerks (They get it from EVOMSIT. I re-flashed it back to stock to see if the stalling issue reoccurs. I have driven almost 1000 miles with no issue. I am going to drive it another 1000 miles. If no issue Sharkwerks says they will allow a return of the software and "Tunit" device. I miss the increased performance but it is too dangerous to drive a car that dies with no warning.

Petza914 03-21-2018 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by Triumf (Post 4704214)
I flashed the ECU to increase performance with Software from Sharkwerks (They get it from EVOMSIT. I re-flashed it back to stock to see if the stalling issue reoccurs. I have driven almost 1000 miles with no issue. I am going to drive it another 1000 miles. If no issue Sharkwerks says they will allow a return of the software and "Tunit" device. I miss the increased performance but it is too dangerous to drive a car that dies with no warning.

Since you have the TUNit device, and it's easy to do, maybe reflash the tune back to the car and see if the stalling reoccurs - maybe it just didn't load correctly the first time or had a glitch. If the stalling reoccurs, then you'll know for sure it was related to the tune...or maybe EVOMS can correct the issue and and send you a new file.

Triumf 03-21-2018 07:44 AM

Sharkwerks sent me a revised file that increased the idle. The car "died" after driving almost 2000 miles. That is when I re-flashed it back to stock. EVOMSIT is basically throwing their hands up in the air. They can't figure it out.

Utah911C4S 03-31-2018 06:40 PM

Does your car have a PDK? I have a similar issue with my EVOM Sit tune on my 2011 C4S when I don't come to a complete stop and step on the gas and the PDK stays in 2nd the car stalls. Otherwise the tune works perfectly and has never died just idling. Never does this with the stock tune.

Triumf 04-01-2018 07:51 AM

Yes my car does have a PDK. I hope you re-tuned it back to stock for safety reasons. The last time it died I was making a U turn and was 90 degrees to oncoming traffic! what are your intentions? I am going to drive it another 1000 miles on the stock tune and if it does not die return the Tunit device to Sharkwerks. I might then try COBB Tuning or Softronics. Keep in touch.

Utah911C4S 04-01-2018 10:06 PM

Yes, I had one scary moment when I was making a left turn and did not come to a complete stop. All EVOM would do is remove the high idle/sharper pedal feature. This did solve the stall problem that I had, but it removed a lot of the "feel" I liked with the tune. For now I just gently apply throttle whenever I am in a situation like I described and it has not stalled.

EVOM never acknowledged that there was a problem with the tune and claimed that had not received any other complaints. I asked if it could be my TP sensor and they were not able to give me any advice on how to trouble shoot it. Sharwerks did suggest I change my PDK clutch fluid because this can help the "jerking" back into 2nd when almost stopped. Only have 26K miles on the car, although I am the time limit (6 years) to have it done. Thinking about it even though my dealer claims it is not necessary at 6 years.

Triumf 12-21-2018 12:26 PM

Sharkwerks refunded my money and I returned the product. I installed Cobb Tuning. Awesome! NO problems after 2500 miles! Go with Cobb. They develop their own software not a third party.