997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

My genius tool

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2018, 01:22 PM
carlo.paso is on a distinguished road
My genius tool

my question is if is it possible to reuse my genius tools to flash a new tuned software on a new 997.2 ?
Can the new buyer use again the tool if he buy a new tuned software ?
Before I sold my previously 997.2 S I reflashed the OM file on the DME
thanks
excuse me in advance for my English ...

Last edited by carlo.paso; 03-31-2018 at 01:38 PM.
Old 03-31-2018, 06:33 PM
Utah911C4S is on a distinguished road
Your English is clear. Yes the My Genius is tied to the VIN and the DME that it installed the tune on. I just loaded a different tune on mine, however to do that I had to load the stock tune first and then replace the old tune with the revised one on the My Genius and then install it.

The My Genius will only hold the original stock and 1 tuned file. If the tuned file is not on the My Genius now, you can get it downloaded to your PC and then load it on to the My Genius with the USB. Remember to have the battery completely charged before you start. Let me know if you have any questions.

Old 04-01-2018, 05:22 AM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
The tune will also need to come from the same vendor as the prior one. Ive been told by both Evoms and Fabspeed that the My Genius devices are locked and coded to that tuning vendor even though they're all the same unit.

Old 04-01-2018, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by carlo.paso
my question is if is it possible to reuse my genius tools to flash a new tuned software on a new 997.2 ?
Can the new buyer use again the tool if he buy a new tuned software ?
Before I sold my previously 997.2 S I reflashed the OM file on the DME
thanks
excuse me in advance for my English ...
Originally Posted by Utah911C4S
Your English is clear. Yes the My Genius is tied to the VIN and the DME that it installed the tune on. I just loaded a different tune on mine, however to do that I had to load the stock tune first and then replace the old tune with the revised one on the My Genius and then install it.

The My Genius will only hold the original stock and 1 tuned file. If the tuned file is not on the My Genius now, you can get it downloaded to your PC and then load it on to the My Genius with the USB. Remember to have the battery completely charged before you start. Let me know if you have any questions.
Originally Posted by Petza914
The tune will also need to come from the same vendor as the prior one. Ive been told by both Evoms and Fabspeed that the My Genius devices are locked and coded to that tuning vendor even though they're all the same unit.
In other words if I sold the tool, the new buyer can't load any tune even if he purchase a new tune from another vendor ??
Is it possible to make the tool unblock from the previously VIN and DME ?

Old 04-01-2018, 09:48 AM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by carlo.paso

In other words if I sold the tool, the new buyer can't load any tune even if he purchase a new tune from another vendor ??
Is it possible to make the tool unblock from the previously VIN and DME ?
I just went through this. If you ref lashed your car back to stock with the tuner and you buy a tune from the same vendor, you can use it to flash a new tune to a different car.

Old 04-06-2018, 03:00 AM
Originally Posted by Petza914
I just went through this. If you ref lashed your car back to stock with the tuner and you buy a tune from the same vendor, you can use it to flash a new tune to a different car.
The fvd reply to my mail concerning information for a new tune to mail to a future my genius owners is:

" the software is saled to the Car always´s and belongs only to that car.
You can even not overtake it to an own new car and also not resale to other cars.
You could only sale it with the Car, not single to anybody else.

I am sorry, but if you sale the computer to the " New " owner/client, he will NOT get any response from us!"

Last edited by carlo.paso; 04-06-2018 at 03:03 AM.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:30 AM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Carlo,

I am extremely sorry that you received that response from someone at FVD Germany. Let me try to clarify for you.

Each tuner has the My Genius tool encrypted for use with their software only. The My Genius tool cannot be used for another tuners software.

Also, each My Genius tool, once used on a car is encrypted to that car. The tuner can reset the tool, but only for use with their software.

So, if you have purchased FVD Software with My Genius tool from us, we can reset the tool for use on a new car. Having said that, FVD Software for the new car must still be purchased. But, we can subtract the value of the tool on the new software.

Please contact our lead software engineer directly in the future if you have questions. I have private messaged his contact information, he will be glad to assist you with any more questions or the new software.

Thanks,
Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 04-06-2018, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by Rhonda@FVD
Carlo,

I am extremely sorry that you received that response from someone at FVD Germany. Let me try to clarify for you.

Each tuner has the My Genius tool encrypted for use with their software only. The My Genius tool cannot be used for another tuners software.

Also, each My Genius tool, once used on a car is encrypted to that car. The tuner can reset the tool, but only for use with their software.

So, if you have purchased FVD Software with My Genius tool from us, we can reset the tool for use on a new car. Having said that, FVD Software for the new car must still be purchased. But, we can subtract the value of the tool on the new software.

Please contact our lead software engineer directly in the future if you have questions. I have private messaged his contact information, he will be glad to assist you with any more questions or the new software.

Thanks,
Rhonda

Many thanks for your interest
carlo