997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Rear quarter window adjustment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 08:16 AM
Tony Fowler is an unknown quantity at this point
Rear quarter window adjustment

Hi my driver side rear window is in need of adjustment, maybe it had been changed at some point I don't know.
The problem is the front edge is too tight to the frame, consequently the rubber is not fitted correctly and pops out, also the window sits much deeper than the door window by comparison to the passenger side.

Has anyone experience of removing this window for adjustment, I've been googling for ages and can't find any info on removal and re-fitting which must be described somewhere?

Old 10-12-2018, 09:34 AM
Banned
semicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond repute
Assuming you have a coupe, there are quite a few interior trim panels to remove - b-pillar/seat belt trim and c-pillar trim (which requires the Bose sub-woofer and rear trim to be removed first). Once these are out you have access to the adjustment bolt.

Old 10-13-2018, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the advice.
Given the confidence to start it was a relatively simple affair.
I removed the coat hook and the trim over the seat belt fixing.
The front of the rear quarter is held on by two 13 mm nuts over a allen headed bolt. I adjusted these to move the window out at the front, the rubber trim fitted in nicely, tightened up the two 13mm nuts while holding the allen bolt steady, replaced the trim and all done.

Maybe the simplest job so far!

Old 10-15-2018, 08:00 AM
Banned
semicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome! I recommend hitting the window with a hose to check for leaks before reinstalling the interior trim. My car used to drip on the inside rear quarter windows when cleaning it with a pressure washer. Did the same adjustment you just went through to stop the leak.

Old 10-15-2018, 01:07 PM
thanks for the tip, hoping it will be ok as I only removed the one piece of trim at the front edge