Notices
American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

CTS-V owners?

Old 01-09-2008, 10:55 AM
squid is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by BLKM3 View Post
M5 and RS6 should be your first choice. CTS-V is not even in the same category. LOL
No, it's not...it's meant to compete against the M3. A V is 49k the M5 is closer to 90...double the price...

Old 01-26-2008, 06:34 PM
tylerz28ss is on a distinguished road
I traded my '05 Vette in for my '05 CTS-V and I have yet to be disappointed!

I think that if you want to go drag racing, I'd pick a different car. They didn't design the V for drag racing. Not to say you can't...but people have had trouble with wheel hop and the rear (both of which can be remedied)

I think there are a lot of people who will down the car regardless of how good or bad it is simply because it is not an import. I tell people all the time that if any critic was blindfolded, strapped into the driver's seat, the blindfold taken off and they were unable to tell that this is an american car, they would love the drive and performance... but some people will never get past the fact that it's not a Bimmer, Merc, or Audi...and I don't see the fuss about the interior...Bimmers are not that much better...

Bottom line: like a lot of American performance cars, for the money, you won't find a comparible opponent.

Old 01-26-2008, 06:37 PM
tylerz28ss is on a distinguished road
My advice is always to drive every car that you are interested in, do your research, and YOU decide. Don't let other's opinions sway your decision...you have to live with the car...