American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

CTS-V Coupe

Old 01-17-2010, 07:18 PM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by UMADBRO
Look I'm not here to flame, but the toyota recall was huge because Toyota is the biggest and sells the most cars so let's not get carried away with syntax and fuzzy mathmatics. You can't possibly compare the quality of a bankrupt automaker to the biggest in the world so let's just end that arguement once and for all.

And I don't know what your definition of "mechanical" issues is, but I would consider a TSB for having to replace the factory supercharger a "mechanical" issue.........wouldn't you?

-just saying

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-s-b-read.html
So Toyota barely sells more cars then GM once, for one year, and that gives them the "okay" to have the most recalls ever? The issues with the V are pretty minor as well.

Guess you also didn't know Toyota received government money as well?

You come off as a huge fanboi....I'm done wasting my time.

Last edited by SINISTR; 01-18-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:31 PM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
and ofcourse you decline to say anything about the "mechanical" issues you were so blatantly in denial about. And you have the audacity to call me a fanboy?

-just sayin

Old 01-18-2010, 10:41 PM
Spdrcrj is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Nine Ball
I dig the idea, but I prefer my V sedan over the 2-door. The rear quarters have too much surface area for me, like it is missing a body line or something back there. Should be a killer performer though, just like the sedan.
I agree. I think they should put a crease in the rear fender like the CLK63 AMG Black Series. And the front fender too for that matter.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:50 PM
gnxs is on a distinguished road
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...new-cts-v.html

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ctuations.html

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ven-after.html

search the V forums and you will find countless TSB's and problems with the new CTS-V. Typical GM product, massive hp, horrible quality!
If I searched the forums of ANY auto brand for 5 minutes I could find countless threads about owners encountering various issues that would make that brand look like **** from a quality perspective (BMW, MB, Lexus, Toyota, Honda, Ford, etc.) Links to a few threads on a Caddy forum (or any other mfrs. forum for that matter) means nothing. You also might want to read through the thread (5 or so pages) you linked regarding the Supercharger issue. I think you'll find there was never a formal TSB issued on the supercharger (not at this point at least) and you'll also find there has never been one SC related failure on these cars (at least as far as the forum members that post are concerned).

Personally I haven't had any issues with my "V".

Last edited by gnxs; 01-19-2010 at 02:09 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:16 PM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
I'm happy for you, but I was answering a direct comment regarding another 6speed member regarding the lack of issues for the CTS-V, not another automakers transgressions. I simply showed him some examples of problems that I have read on another forum. Trying to be informative, not stirring up trouble! Why is it that the American Muscle guys take things so personal, and always take the "every other car has problems too" road?

-just sayin

Old 01-20-2010, 07:20 AM
gnxs is on a distinguished road
I'm happy for you, but I was answering a direct comment regarding another 6speed member regarding the lack of issues for the CTS-V, not another automakers transgressions. I simply showed him some examples of problems that I have read on another forum. Trying to be informative, not stirring up trouble! Why is it that the American Muscle guys take things so personal, and always take the "every other car has problems too" road?

-just sayin
Sorry for interjecting a little perspective to your comments, but when you make a statement like the one you made below based on some comments you saw on an internet forum, that's what you get.

Some of your quotes:

That is wretched....and I'm sure it will be plagued with mechanical/electrical problems just like its big brother! Not a fan
And I don't know what your definition of "mechanical" issues is, but I would consider a TSB for having to replace the factory supercharger a "mechanical" issue.........wouldn't you?
Add the fact that you didn't even read through the posts you linked (where you would have gone on to discover the OP was incorrect in many cases and there were not TSB's issued, particularly on the SC) and the information you're providing is not even accurate.

Another reply of yours:
search the V forums and you will find countless TSB's and problems with the new CTS-V. Typical GM product, massive hp, horrible quality!
Here's some real info on 2009 CTS-V TSB's:

http://www.allworldauto.com/tsbs/mmy...page=1&ddt=mmy

That's not to say something won't be issued in the future, or that the car is perfect. As for your comment about "American Muscle guys take things so personal", it's you that seem to be taking contradictory comments personally. All I was doing was adding my own direct experience to the thread (since I actually own one of these cars). Seems to me my opinion might be relevant in that regard.

The last part of your last comment "Why is it that the American Muscle guys............and always take the "every other car has problems too" road?" also shows you misinterpreted my response. My point (again) was that internet forum banter (for any make car) is a poor indicator of a manufacturers' real quality, good or bad.

Last edited by gnxs; 01-20-2010 at 09:06 AM.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:02 AM
Point taken, and I see where you are coming from. +rep

Old 01-21-2010, 09:27 PM
nando1 is on a distinguished road
how does an 08 is-F compare to a V? Just wondering as Ive never researched any Lexus just for the simple fact that they convey "boring" to me. Not bashing an actually looking for some schooling.

I wanted to love the CTSV coupe but it seems like I'm gonna have to see it in person before i decide to order one

Old 01-22-2010, 09:58 AM
Ken Lally is on a distinguished road
hmmm.

It's ok looking. The meshed wire gril is SOOOOOOOOOO overdone.... cant they change that up?

Old 01-22-2010, 12:38 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nando1
how does an 08 is-F compare to a V? Just wondering as Ive never researched any Lexus just for the simple fact that they convey "boring" to me. Not bashing an actually looking for some schooling.

I wanted to love the CTSV coupe but it seems like I'm gonna have to see it in person before i decide to order one
Their is nowhere including handling or ride quality that an IS-F is better than the CTS-V. Also the CTS-V is much faster in a straight line and for track use.

Old 01-23-2010, 06:33 PM
IS-F is ugly, slow and dimwitted just like someones ugly cousin. There are so many better options on the road that get to 60 in 4.2 seconds, run mid-low 12's, average 30 mpg freeway all backed by JDM power reliability rankings that are unparalled in the industry! Oh wait............

-just sayin

Old 01-23-2010, 10:46 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
IS-F is ugly, slow and dimwitted just like someones ugly cousin. There are so many better options on the road that get to 60 in 4.2 seconds, run mid-low 12's, average 30 mpg freeway all backed by JDM power reliability rankings that are unparalled in the industry! Oh wait............

-just sayin
You said it not me, and if you were looking for reliability would not an IS250 serve the same purpose? 30 mpg freeway? What EPA ratings are you going off of? It seems your belief in the IS-F being the best car on the road is shared by other IS-F owners. Including the one I put 3 747 lengths on from a roll and wiped the smug smile off of his face.

Old 01-24-2010, 12:11 AM
Devin1205 is on a distinguished road
I think that car looks pretty cool but I love my bmws more, just my 2 cents

Old 01-24-2010, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by germeezy1
You said it not me, and if you were looking for reliability would not an IS250 serve the same purpose? 30 mpg freeway? What EPA ratings are you going off of? It seems your belief in the IS-F being the best car on the road is shared by other IS-F owners. Including the one I put 3 747 lengths on from a roll and wiped the smug smile off of his face.

I'm going by my own mpg, not autoweek articles or "EPA" ratings..... IS250, you can't be serious? Toyota skunk works team and Yamaha made sure that the IS-F and IS lines are not even in the same ballpark.....and bragging about smoking a car you have over a 140 hp advantage over? Nicely done! +rep

-just sayin

Last edited by UMADBRO; 01-24-2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:03 PM
Positive Rep for you too! Good that we can agree to disagree!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CTS-V Coupe