American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Heffner Peformance Ford Gt 266.9 Standing mile

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 09:47 PM
MSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond repute
not one car at the event the entire day every claimed that there number was 2 fast!!

Old 04-26-2010, 09:51 PM
MSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Pittot
Funny, maybe, but also understandable. The PPR machine only got one run after the timing equipment was "adjusted." The guy missed two shifts, blew a coolant hose, coasted across the line and was still clocked at 252mph. Now THAT'S funny.

Hopefully we can see these guys go head to head somewhere that has a clue about how to measure and time an event such as this. The guys at Exotic clearly didn't expect their times to be used for anything more than water cooler discussion.
thats not true at all, the run when they claimed 267 was after the adjustment with the equipment, so was there 255 and so was heffners 266. I heard ppr say that he had 267 based on gps,rpm,and data so it should be easy to prove. that particular run came up at 253

Old 04-26-2010, 09:52 PM
shotgun willie has a spectacular aura aboutshotgun willie has a spectacular aura aboutshotgun willie has a spectacular aura about
Congrats Ray, Team Peak & Team Heffner, out****ingstanding.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:35 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Its funny to me the conversation, that I had a little while ago with someone saying the Gallardo's rule the Mile. Apparently it does not take AWD to rule the Mile and right now the Ford GT's rule the Mile! The bar has now been raised and all of the media outlets are reporting the fact the GT was faster because of the boost being raised from 26 psi to 41 psi.....its not some conspiracy where the car by a miracle got faster!

Old 04-27-2010, 04:21 AM
blaze is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by shotgun willie
Congrats Ray, Team Peak & Team Heffner, out****ingstanding.
I agree - class acts all around.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:45 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
Its funny to me the conversation, that I had a little while ago with someone saying the Gallardo's rule the Mile. Apparently it does not take AWD to rule the Mile and right now the Ford GT's rule the Mile! The bar has now been raised and all of the media outlets are reporting the fact the GT was faster because of the boost being raised from 26 psi to 41 psi.....its not some conspiracy where the car by a miracle got faster!
_____
i hope u dont mean me LOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOL

Ray congrats i have to take my hat off "respect" for ur accomplishment guys !!

Old 04-27-2010, 10:12 AM
CSX4236 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by tommygun
cant wait to see the better incar video

the white gt went over 260 as well...supposedly
They had problems with equipment in morning but they sorted it all out for second half of the day. I was there with my corvette and I ran 193.804 myself, If I want to break 200 I will need to change 5th gear in my car just pulls to slow once shift into 5th. I have 08 C6 and was making 750rwhp for event. Next time with about 900+rwhp and better gearing I will make it into the 200's. You dont realize how damn hard it is to break 200 in standing mile. As for white GT it's best run of day was 255 and change.

The 266 pass was incredible and car ran very well.

Last edited by CSX4236; 04-27-2010 at 10:18 AM.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:07 AM
Pittot is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by slavik
Nice first post btw....
Thanks. Here's #2...
This was my first event, but won't be my last. It was an enjoyable trip and I'd like to thank all the drivers and crews for an exciting day. Congrats to Ray for a remarkable run. Looking forward to doing it again.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:57 PM
M275 is on a distinguished road
Was this Ford GT re-geared? It sounds like it bogs down from the start.. or is it lag?

Old 04-27-2010, 09:11 PM
DarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to all
does anybody know how much $ is into this ford gt?

Old 04-27-2010, 09:29 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
I would imagine it to be less money than a forged internal built TT Gallardo, but then again Gallardo's can be bought a little bit cheaper. These cars make 1000 rwhp on stock internals and there are plenty of performance parts for the Ford GT 5.4. Plus they come with amazing fuel systems and dual injector heads.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:19 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Some info Quoted from FGt forums...

It was a pleasure seeing many of you, and meeting many of you for the 1st time. The pleasure was all mine, believe me.

With all due respect to everyone who attended, especially for those who traveled from out of state, hats off to all your incredible efforts.

Now for the bad news.....

The event yesterday was run as poor as an event could have been run. All the times in the first half of the day were off by close to 10 MPH. All the top 3 tuners, UR, Heffner, and PPR agreed. UR and Heffner had 2-3 GPSs in their cars, and all them showed a faster time than what they gave. After lunch, they started moving all the sensors again to compensate for the slow times, but in reality, they must have over compensated for the slower times from earlier on.

One of our friends who runs ALL the time, Stormer, who is a perfect example, runs high 180s all day long. He ran a low 190 with a tail wind at Top Gun Run. Yesterday, he was running 186 all day, and at the very end of the day when they gave him his printout, there were 2 runs that had an identical quatermile time, identical quartermile mph, identical Mile time (29.3 seconds on both runs), but the MPH was a 20 MPH difference. They gave him a 203 MPH run!!!! All for a pulley and tune? Does that sound correct to you?

Brooks from DragTimes was talking to the owner of the Cooper SC Z06. He runs 184 all day long. When they gave him his printed sheet, it said 195. Even he laughed at it and said there's no way that his car is that fast.

I heard from UG that after they showed a 246 MPH on the GPS systems in the car that ran 250 MPH in Texas, they told him yesterday that he ran a 232!! After that, Kevin pulled Seth away and made a major complaint to him. Seth told him that he could correct his run and Kevin asked how? Seth said by just inputting the number. After that conversation, Kevin packed up and he was done.

When Ray had one of his fastest runs, these guys weren't even able to give him his time due to a system malfunction. I believe that was really one of his fastest runs. But the timing guy did say, and I heard it with my own ears, that Ray's car was running 168 MPH at the quartermile. Now does that seem possible to you? Ray's car is fast, but 168 MPH? Not even the fastest street cars with slicks launching and pulling the front tires can run 168.

There were too many discrepancies with the timing equipment yesterday, that NO ONE really knows what is right and what isn't. All I know is that NONE of this can be relied as an official time. It's ashamed that E. Rally really dropped the ball. But what did you really expect? Especially coming from their previous event when they had to share 1 VBox amongst all the drivers.

After being charged $450 per car, and $50 PP, you would expect that they would have spent a little money to get the right timing equipment and run a proper event. Then again this was a club event.

There wasn't even anyone at the end of the track to give clearance. When Johnny blew a water hose towards the end of the track, no even bothered to come down to inspect it to see whether or not it was safe to run again. If you wanted the timing slip from the machine, you were given a computer generated printout. Not what you get with the Tag system. Anyone running Texas or Top Gun Run can get an actual slip from that system.

In any event, the cars were very fast, and no one got hurt.

The best part of the whole event? Seeing Ray take off on the runway in his jet. That was priceless!!

Old 04-27-2010, 10:59 PM
until someone builds a permanent 1mile venue witch will never happen or when some agency offitially regulates this witch might eventually happen how can you say one event has more official times than another?? a print out makes it official? heffner has gps in there car too and they know what it indicated so for a record of this magnitude that everyone is going to question it would be a damn shame that they would go 230 and accept a time of 266! I would hope that they wouldnt accept a time other than something with in 1-3 mph of their gps. So with that being said i wound urge heffner to release that in car video that would show there gps, and also there rpm. unless they changed gears there should be a big difference in rpm from when they where in texas.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Some info Quoted from FGt forums...

It was a pleasure seeing many of you, and meeting many of you for the 1st time. The pleasure was all mine, believe me.

With all due respect to everyone who attended, especially for those who traveled from out of state, hats off to all your incredible efforts.

Now for the bad news.....

The event yesterday was run as poor as an event could have been run. All the times in the first half of the day were off by close to 10 MPH. All the top 3 tuners, UR, Heffner, and PPR agreed. UR and Heffner had 2-3 GPSs in their cars, and all them showed a faster time than what they gave. After lunch, they started moving all the sensors again to compensate for the slow times, but in reality, they must have over compensated for the slower times from earlier on.

One of our friends who runs ALL the time, Stormer, who is a perfect example, runs high 180s all day long. He ran a low 190 with a tail wind at Top Gun Run. Yesterday, he was running 186 all day, and at the very end of the day when they gave him his printout, there were 2 runs that had an identical quatermile time, identical quartermile mph, identical Mile time (29.3 seconds on both runs), but the MPH was a 20 MPH difference. They gave him a 203 MPH run!!!! All for a pulley and tune? Does that sound correct to you?

Brooks from DragTimes was talking to the owner of the Cooper SC Z06. He runs 184 all day long. When they gave him his printed sheet, it said 195. Even he laughed at it and said there's no way that his car is that fast.

I heard from UG that after they showed a 246 MPH on the GPS systems in the car that ran 250 MPH in Texas, they told him yesterday that he ran a 232!! After that, Kevin pulled Seth away and made a major complaint to him. Seth told him that he could correct his run and Kevin asked how? Seth said by just inputting the number. After that conversation, Kevin packed up and he was done.

When Ray had one of his fastest runs, these guys weren't even able to give him his time due to a system malfunction. I believe that was really one of his fastest runs. But the timing guy did say, and I heard it with my own ears, that Ray's car was running 168 MPH at the quartermile. Now does that seem possible to you? Ray's car is fast, but 168 MPH? Not even the fastest street cars with slicks launching and pulling the front tires can run 168.

There were too many discrepancies with the timing equipment yesterday, that NO ONE really knows what is right and what isn't. All I know is that NONE of this can be relied as an official time. It's ashamed that E. Rally really dropped the ball. But what did you really expect? Especially coming from their previous event when they had to share 1 VBox amongst all the drivers.

After being charged $450 per car, and $50 PP, you would expect that they would have spent a little money to get the right timing equipment and run a proper event. Then again this was a club event.

There wasn't even anyone at the end of the track to give clearance. When Johnny blew a water hose towards the end of the track, no even bothered to come down to inspect it to see whether or not it was safe to run again. If you wanted the timing slip from the machine, you were given a computer generated printout. Not what you get with the Tag system. Anyone running Texas or Top Gun Run can get an actual slip from that system.

In any event, the cars were very fast, and no one got hurt.

The best part of the whole event? Seeing Ray take off on the runway in his jet. That was priceless!!
lol its so funny how informations gets flawed as it travels from place to place, the copper z06 isnt a z06 its a c6 and what that sentence fails to mention is that there was a driver change when that run occurred!!! as a matter of fact that copper vette is member CSX4236!!

Old 04-27-2010, 11:08 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MSIZZLE66
until someone builds a permanent 1mile venue witch will never happen or when some agency offitially regulates this witch might eventually happen how can you say one event has more official times than another?? a print out makes it official? heffner has gps in there car too and they know what it indicated so for a record of this magnitude that everyone is going to question it would be a damn shame that they would go 230 and accept a time of 266! I would hope that they wouldnt accept a time other than something with in 1-3 mph of their gps. So with that being said i wound urge heffner to release that in car video that would show there gps, and also there rpm. unless they changed gears there should be a big difference in rpm from when they where in texas.
There is.. its called ECTA-LSR.com aka Maxton.. The drawback.. all of these cars wont pass tech.. so until that happens these records will be broken all year as long as the clocks will always read differently for each Mile event..

I think for something to be a world record it would need to be backed up at a 2nd track worst case or have some Incar GPS video that shows give or take a couple MPH.. Just my.02

Mike

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Heffner Peformance Ford Gt 266.9 Standing mile