American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Typhoon Graffiti: Seeking Former PAS Employees (Help Wanted!)

Old 12-11-2011, 12:59 PM
TorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud of
Typhoon Graffiti: Seeking Former PAS Employees (Help Wanted!)

Looking to connect with former PAS line workers/managers who were involved with Typhoon production. I've been able to confirm that my vehicle was assembled on the very last day of production, the same as Typhoon #2200 (sources: GM Media Archives, SyTy.net, other).

Now I'd like to learn more about the special names and "notes" written throughout the chassis and well into the engine compartment. (The paint is OEM GM and the vehicle has never been apart.) There is also the possibility of some prototype parts on the car.

I'm sure more than a few folks recall putting this particular muscle truck together! To prevent future clones of this unique Typhoon, photos will only be shared with verified former PAS employees.

Any help in connecting me with former PAS line workers and/or managers would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, in advance, for your help in solving this mystery.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:34 PM
()utlaw is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TorqueChap
Looking to connect with former PAS line workers/managers who were involved with Typhoon production. I've been able to confirm that my vehicle was assembled on the very last day of production, the same as Typhoon #2200 (sources: GM Media Archives, SyTy.net, other).

Now I'd like to learn more about the special names and "notes" written throughout the chassis and well into the engine compartment. (The paint is OEM GM and the vehicle has never been apart.) There is also the possibility of some prototype parts on the car.

I'm sure more than a few folks recall putting this particular muscle truck together! To prevent future clones of this unique Typhoon, photos will only be shared with verified former PAS employees.

Any help in connecting me with former PAS line workers and/or managers would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, in advance, for your help in solving this mystery.
I would check with the guys over at www.gminsidenews.com they should know, and if they don't they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:53 PM
TorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud of
Thanks ()utlaw. Will definitely save them as a "Plan B" if I can't network directly into PAS.

Hoping that someone on the board might have some contacts in Troy, Michigan or thereabouts?? (fingers crossed!)

Old 05-20-2012, 10:29 AM
PAS1 is on a distinguished road
Send me a pm with your phone number

Scott

Old 05-21-2012, 08:36 AM
Scott,
Thanks for reaching out. Due to both a desire to avoid copycat Typhoons as well as your freshness to this forum (e.g., recent join date and lack of rep points), can anyone on 6Speed vouch for you?

Also, are you a former PAS or GM employee with direct involvement in Typhoon production?

Apologies for the requisite security precautions, but I'm sure you can understand given the sensitive nature of this request and a need to protect the unique history of my vehicle. I'm merely the caretaker.

Warmest regards

Old 05-21-2012, 09:15 AM
I usually don't spend time on these kind of sites and they end up consuming my time. I joined this just to help you

See www.pasincorporated.com

Scott

Old 05-21-2012, 11:04 AM
Thanks, Scott. I'll give you a ring

Old 05-21-2012, 02:22 PM
My number is not on the site. My card is from 1988 when we started PAS.

I do not post my number anywhere.

I cannot send you a PM since this site wants me to make 15 posts first

I have spent a half hour on this so far and we have not even talked. PLEASE send me your number and I will try my best to talk to you by the weekend.

Scott

Old 05-21-2012, 06:29 PM
PM sent, Scott. Talk soon!