American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

New ZO6 is impressive check out this website.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 02:04 PM
Les Quam is on a distinguished road
I will be happy to park a new Z06 next to my CGT. The car is a tremendous performance value and I like the heritage the Corvettes have generated over the years. I enjoy going to Corvette shows and looking at all the Corvette history.

I am proud GM, Ford and Dodge are still producing American muscle that competes with the European supercars.

And if GM produces the 600HP supercharged blue devil I'll gladly buy one of those as well. I own cars to please only myself. That's my demographic.

But I agree with those who don't like the styling. No matter how hard I try I just don't like it. I was hoping for a retro/modern style like the old 67 Vettes similiar to the new mustang concepts.

Old 07-16-2005, 02:21 PM
DaveH is a jewel in the roughDaveH is a jewel in the roughDaveH is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by Dock (Atlanta)
And good luck getting quality service at the dealership.
I must say Dock, I've dealt with Porsche dealer *** clowns here in Indy and at Champion! My brother owns a C5 and gets excellent service so I think it's a bit hit or miss.

Old 07-16-2005, 03:52 PM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
Originally posted by DaveH
I must say Dock, I've dealt with Porsche dealer *** clowns here in Indy and at Champion! My brother owns a C5 and gets excellent service so I think it's a bit hit or miss.
Of course there are Porsche dealers who don't measure up, just like there are Chevy dealers that are above average. However, I believe there are way more Chevy dealers that are below average than there are Porsche dealers in that same category - *way* outside "hit or miss"...

Outside the service end of things, I think the C6Z will also be expensive to buy insurance for - very expensive to fix IMO.

Old 07-16-2005, 05:32 PM
Marcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Doug H
Dude, Marcus, cool your jets. No reason to get personal and call people ignorant. I already said that the stereo type stuff (that others were saying) was more tounge in check than anything else. If you think I am a snob, so be it. I won't lose any sleep and I am not out to win any popularity contest, but you are taking my comments way to personal to get so worked up.

My statement was a bit ambiguous. I can appreciate someone keeping their TT and also buying a Vette (though not very logical for other reasons) to thrash about on the track. I just don't see someone jumping up and down to sell their TT and buy a Vette as their only car.

The TT is better all around car, same or better performance, has a back seat, looks better, great quality, so does not make sense to dump a TT for a Vette unless looking to reduce payment. Nothing more, nothing less. Geez, to much reading between the lines and assumptions.

I used to think Ferrari prices were unwaranted and was die hard P-Car dude until I spent some time in the F-Car. Totally different animal and very much worth the price. They are truly works of art. Vettes are crude and a lot of corners are cut to give you the most bang for the buck performance wise.

Maybe next year, Chevy will just drop a fiberglass shell of a Ferrari onto its chassis. I piped in because I think it is funny how much they are copying Ferrari styling cues.
Doug, I'm not uspet. I'm guilty of having stern rhetoric on the internet and it's really just my typing style. I wasn't referring to YOU as ignorant, I was referring to the average person on the street who immediately puts down a Chevy and praises a Porsche even if the Chevy is a $70k Z06 and the Porsche is an '86 Carrera - just because one is a Chevrolet and one is a Porsche.

As long as you can respect a car, regardless if it has a Porsche, Ferrari, Chevrolet, or yes, a Kia badge - then you are a true enthusiast. When you write off a car because of how "society" percieves it, regardless of it's performance prowess, well then I'm sorry but you are not a true automotive enthusiast.

As I said in my post, the TT is a superior overall car, but you cannot deny the Z06 will beat it out in certain "areans" - that simply justifies respect, not submission

-m

Old 07-16-2005, 05:53 PM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
Originally posted by Marcus Frost
As long as you can respect a car, regardless if it has a Porsche, Ferrari, Chevrolet, or yes, a Kia badge...
Just in case the "KIA badge" comment had anything to do with my previous post, then you have missed my point. The KIA comment had nothing to do with the marquis, and everything to do with the way a KIA looks.

For me, it doesn't matter at all how well a car performs if I can't get around the way the car looks. It has nothing to do with respect, and everything to do with looks.

Old 07-27-2005, 11:42 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by ebaker
I'd like that.

would be an AWESOME sleeper

Old 07-27-2005, 11:47 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Dock (Atlanta)
And good luck getting quality service at the dealership.
my dad's never had a problem servicing his C5. There are plenty of stories of "****ty service" on this forum from porsche dealers.

edit: I see your above reply. So you find a dealer you like. There are plenty around. When was the last time you got a chevy serviced and experienced what you think is lack of service?

Old 07-28-2005, 09:01 AM
Dabum is an unknown quantity at this point
I think the new Z06 will be an amazing car, if it had a different badge on it the car would be double the price, atleast! GM can make parts for dirt dirt cheap because of their size. I really like the new Z06 and will probably add it to the stable.