American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

New ZO6 is impressive check out this website.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 10:17 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
New ZO6 is impressive check out this website.

Pretty awesome bank for the buck!

http://www.chevrolet.com/corvettez06/

Old 07-14-2005, 10:22 AM
02TurboX50 is on a distinguished road
Not only is it a 'performance bargain', but also is a great platform for upgrades. Stick a supercharger or turbocharger on this car, and, even with a minimal 6lbs boost (I heard Vortech is already working on a bolt on kit for the car, probably under $8k), the power will be easily in the 650hp-700hp range. With a bulletproof engine (dry sump, super strong crank, titanium rods, racing pistons, etc.) the engine and internals will be able to handle some serious power!

Look out....

Old 07-14-2005, 11:33 AM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
what a beast! Hmmm, M3 or Z06?

Old 07-14-2005, 04:13 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Holy tire smoke batman! I want one.

Old 07-14-2005, 04:24 PM
BD 997 will become famous soon enough
at the end of the day its still a chevy....

Old 07-14-2005, 05:21 PM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
More copying Ferrari design cues. The front end looks like they copied the 550 or 575 with the little hood scoop. If you cann't create, just copy I guess. These things were butt ugly until they started coying Ferrari cues here and there. No matter what it looks like, you still get stuck with Chevy interior quality, motor, and transmisison. Too bad they cannot copy Ferrari on engine, Porsche on transmission, drivetrain and maybe brakes.

Man, I saw so many of these friggin things while I was in Atlanta this past week. Did also happen to see a few 911s and a gorgeous red 575. Made me want a 575, but seeing the Vettes made me glad I did not have one. There is still something about them that reeks of something style wise. Maybe they need to change the back half of the car to look more like a Ferrari.

Old 07-14-2005, 05:32 PM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
For me, it doesn't matter at all what the C6Z's performance numbers are...I just can't take the looks of the car.

Old 07-14-2005, 05:43 PM
Fanman is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by 02TurboX50
Not only is it a 'performance bargain', but also is a great platform for upgrades. Stick a supercharger or turbocharger on this car, and, even with a minimal 6lbs boost (I heard Vortech is already working on a bolt on kit for the car, probably under $8k), the power will be easily in the 650hp-700hp range. With a bulletproof engine (dry sump, super strong crank, titanium rods, racing pistons, etc.) the engine and internals will be able to handle some serious power!

Look out....
Are you sure about this, it already has 11:1 compression ratio. not to mention Motor Trend did a pretty extensive breakdown of the car & said the engine is at it's maximum in terms of size. The liners on the cylinders had to be pressed as it was too thin already. No more bore in the engine. Like you said, unless you rebuild the bottom end (new rods, lower compression pistons, etc) I think this car is going to have a tough time gaining more hp. They did it with the 996 engine (Also 11:1) but it took a long time & boost is in the 5 psi area.

Old 07-14-2005, 05:51 PM
rspiteri is on a distinguished road
I second that motion... it's still a Chevy and a complete different market, demographic and person will buy these. Most of which wish they could have a TT and some of which are just good old boys that like Detroit iron.

I just could not see myself in a Corvette. When growing up the guys I saw owning them didn't fit my taste and that was way back when I was just starting to like cars... at about 7 years old.

Old 07-14-2005, 10:02 PM
Marcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by rspiteri
I second that motion... it's still a Chevy and a complete different market, demographic and person will buy these. Most of which wish they could have a TT and some of which are just good old boys that like Detroit iron.

I just could not see myself in a Corvette. When growing up the guys I saw owning them didn't fit my taste and that was way back when I was just starting to like cars... at about 7 years old.
I think you are being very presumptive and letting what other people think influence what you enjoy driving a bit too much.

You would be surprised the new type of buyer I've seen GM attracting with this car, and let me tell you, many of them are going to be people who'd never thought they were going to own a Vette (myself included)

There becomes a point where the bull**** stereotyping ends and reality becomes clear... this car is business when it comes to performance. Period.

-m

Old 07-14-2005, 10:35 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Doug H
[B] No matter what it looks like, you still get stuck with Chevy interior quality, motor, and transmisison. Too bad they cannot copy Ferrari on engine, Porsche on transmission, drivetrain and maybe brakes.

I think their motor and tranny work just fine as they wiped out the competition in their class in 2004.

You might want to look at this:

http://www.chevrolet.com/m/corvette/...ch/corHero.pdf

I don't understand why people have such hangups with a certain "Brand". This is a badass car that will kick a stock tt in the fanny straight or curvy road.

I am not saying I want this over a tt but I certainly can appreciate a car of this caliber at this price without being hung up on the fact it is a Chevy.

Old 07-14-2005, 11:21 PM
Dave@EFI will become famous soon enoughDave@EFI will become famous soon enough
I agree with both of the last 2 posts. I'd love to see the look on the guys face when I smoke him in every measureable category.......and their only defense is: "Well it's still this, or it's still that....."

I don't care if it's a Ford or a Lamborghini. My bottom line is what it does and how it does it. Sign me up for another Z06 with the rest of the enthusiasts!

Old 07-14-2005, 11:24 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
I am strongly considering this car

I almost never keep cars for more than a few years. Most of the time, I lease and return my rental sports car well used.

I am not the biggest corvette fan, but with that much HP and Torque and rear wheel drive, I will definitely be taking a strong look at this car. I am also considering a 996TT with the FWD removed.

It will be covered under warranty and will give a chipped 996 TT a serious run if not a spanking. 3100 lbs to boot.

Old 07-15-2005, 01:39 AM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
I agree with The Budman... The new Z06 is an amazing car!! It looks beautiful, performs like a supercar, and the price is a bargain!!

The only thing that keeps me from buying one is the interior, it's garbage... Although, I keep having second thoughts.

Old 07-15-2005, 01:51 AM
schnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant future
Wow, it has a dry sump system.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New ZO6 is impressive check out this website.