Aston Martin Vendor Classifieds vendor classified area...do not post here unless you are a forum sponsor

Who wants Aston Martin Jack Pads?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 01:00 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Quick update guys, had to make a couple of little tweaks, took a little longer than expected. Got the order in progress as of today, 30 pairs to begin with.

Telum01 the additional clearance you will need from the face of the jacking point to the cup of a low-pro jack is 1.25". That's what part of the delay/redesign was for

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 04-22-2014, 02:19 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
I've gotta change my gear oil this week, so while I'm under the car I'll take some quick measurements just to be sure. I'm still planning on getting the lowest-profile jack I can find, so I'm still in for a set of your jack pads.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:30 PM
Wildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Quick update guys, had to make a couple of little tweaks, took a little longer than expected. Got the order in progress as of today, 30 pairs to begin with.

Telum01 the additional clearance you will need from the face of the jacking point to the cup of a low-pro jack is 1.25". That's what part of the delay/redesign was for
Stuart can you give me exact measurements of all 4, so I can check if it will fit DB9 or not?

Thx.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:32 PM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by telum01

Also open to suggestions for a good very-low profile jack!
I may receive some flack for posting this equipment purchase, but I bought a pair of 1-½ ton aluminum “racing” jacks (item #68053) from Harbor Freight. I was unable to find a reasonably priced low profile jack until I located these; they have a minimum height of approximately 3-3/8” to 3-1/2” (the lowest I could find). With the ever-present coupons, they were $60 each at my local store. For the price, the quality and finish is quite good. I have since seen other car owners using the same jacks at various track events.

I now use two when I lift my Vantage: both on the same side of the car, or on opposite sides of the car on the same axle.
Please see my earlier post regarding the problems I encountered (airbag warning light) after installing my track rims and tires using a single jack.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...tire-swap.html

One may still have clearance issues when using the aluminum jacking pads with these jacks, as I measured slightly over an inch of clearance from the “rubber” pads on the jack to the frame on my “stock” Vantage. You may have to insert the aluminum pads into the frame first and then position this jack under the aluminum pads. If you are close, you may be able to remove the rubber pads on the jack to get additional clearance. Failing that, you may still have to use your ramps, or you may need to drive up on some one foot long pieces of 2”x10” under each wheel to get an additional 1-1/2” of vertical clearance.

BTW, I would like to know if anyone has been able to find jacks with a significantly lower profile. TIA…

Last edited by DonL; 04-22-2014 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Added link
Old 04-23-2014, 07:25 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Thanks, Don! I'm checking out Harbor Freight. It might be "cheap Chinese" stuff, but I've used some of their equipment in the past and it's usually very stout and gets the job done for a lower price than anything else.

I think I saw that one of their jacks has a height of 2.5" - can't remember which, though.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:36 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the delay, this is a pretty small potatoes job for the machine shop so we've kind of been shuffled around.

Parts are being finished up today, have 30 pairs available. For those of you who haven't yet confirmed your orders, please email me at Stuart@VelocityAP.com with your billing/shipping address and phone number and I will invoice you, and arrange for payment.

Thanks again for the support everyone!

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 05-21-2014, 02:40 PM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the delay, this is a pretty small potatoes job for the machine shop so we've kind of been shuffled around.

Parts are being finished up today, have 30 pairs available. For those of you who haven't yet confirmed your orders, please email me at Stuart@VelocityAP.com with your billing/shipping address and phone number and I will invoice you, and arrange for payment.

Thanks again for the support everyone!
Hi Stuart, We're you ever able to confirm that they will work on a DB9? If so I'm down for 2 sets.. I sent you an email as well.

Eric

Old 05-21-2014, 11:32 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by speedracer800
Hi Stuart, We're you ever able to confirm that they will work on a DB9? If so I'm down for 2 sets.. I sent you an email as well.

Eric
Hi Eric,

Haven't physically tried them on a DB9 but compared to photos and the cutouts look the same so we're pretty darn sure they will work fine.

If not, no problem to return for a refund, in which case we would tweak the design and offer a DB9/DBS/Virage compatible product.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 05-22-2014, 05:34 AM
Wildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of light
[QUOTE=speedracer800;4118943]Hi Stuart, We're you ever able to confirm that they will work on a DB9? If so I'm down for 2 sets.. I sent you an email as well.

Eric[/QgUOTE]
Eric and Stuart
Look up my another post, I just created pads specifically for DB9 and Maxxjax lift and posted pictures. You can get idea of shape of the jack pad and available contact area in DB9. I tried to use largest possible dimension to get maximum contact area between the car and pads.

Hope this helps.

Old 05-22-2014, 12:13 PM
rscultho is on a distinguished road
I've had the low profile jack from HF for several years. I used it on my Jags and now use it on my DBS. It work perfectly. The height of my jack is about 2 inches...however I've not experienced any issues jacking just one side.

Edit: I checked and it's actually 2 and one half inches.

The frame of these cars should be very stiff enough to handle that...I've had my DBS up on only one side several times with no issues.

Originally Posted by DonL

I may receive some flack for posting this equipment purchase, but I bought a pair of 1-½ ton aluminum “racing” jacks (item #68053) from Harbor Freight. I was unable to find a reasonably priced low profile jack until I located these; they have a minimum height of approximately 3-3/8” to 3-1/2” (the lowest I could find). With the ever-present coupons, they were $60 each at my local store. For the price, the quality and finish is quite good. I have since seen other car owners using the same jacks at various track events.

I now use two when I lift my Vantage: both on the same side of the car, or on opposite sides of the car on the same axle.
Please see my earlier post regarding the problems I encountered (airbag warning light) after installing my track rims and tires using a single jack.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...tire-swap.html

One may still have clearance issues when using the aluminum jacking pads with these jacks, as I measured slightly over an inch of clearance from the “rubber” pads on the jack to the frame on my “stock” Vantage. You may have to insert the aluminum pads into the frame first and then position this jack under the aluminum pads. If you are close, you may be able to remove the rubber pads on the jack to get additional clearance. Failing that, you may still have to use your ramps, or you may need to drive up on some one foot long pieces of 2”x10” under each wheel to get an additional 1-1/2” of vertical clearance.

BTW, I would like to know if anyone has been able to find jacks with a significantly lower profile. TIA…

Last edited by rscultho; 05-23-2014 at 05:03 AM.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:26 PM
zvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nice
I didn't see it here, Stu, can you tell me how low the jack has to be able to go to use these pads in terms of clearance, I think mine goes to about 3.5 inches or so.
Thansk!
Chris

Old 05-22-2014, 03:48 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by zvez
I didn't see it here, Stu, can you tell me how low the jack has to be able to go to use these pads in terms of clearance, I think mine goes to about 3.5 inches or so.
Thansk!
Chris
Hi Chris,

That should be enough I think, I just tested with a pretty normal low-profile jack. If you end up needing an extra 1/2 or so, you can always drive up onto a short piece of 2x4 or something like that to get the extra clearance.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 05-23-2014, 03:26 PM
Basic Sponsor
Good news/Bad news.

The good news is I went to the machine shop today and picked up a large box:

The bad news is, due to miscommunication between the machine shop and myself as to what constituted a full vehicle set, the cost is not what I thought it was. For anyone who has pre-paid, fear not we will honour the price as offered. Will be a loss but only fair.

On future orders, the cost is going to be $180/pair RRP, $162 6speed Price.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1557731_10152362387222954_5062811228312813606_n.jpg
Views:	983
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	378114  
206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 05-23-2014, 03:36 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Wildcat1212
Stuart can you give me exact measurements of all 4, so I can check if it will fit DB9 or not?

Thx.
The rectangular one is 1 9/16ths x 3 5/8ths.

The other one is 3 5/8ths long (including the narrow piece) x 2 1/4(wide part) 1 3/8ths (narrow part)

The narrow piece is 1 3/16ths long

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 05-24-2014, 08:58 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
those look awesome, wish i had a (new) car to use them on

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who wants Aston Martin Jack Pads?