6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin Vendor Classifieds (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-vendor-classifieds-159/)
-   -   Who wants Aston Martin Jack Pads? (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-vendor-classifieds/331695-who-wants-aston-martin-jack-pads.html)

Stuart@VelocityAP 03-14-2014 04:57 PM

Who wants Aston Martin Jack Pads?

1 Attachment(s)
First off, thanks to Duane, this was his idea :)

I have foam core prototyped and worked up a solidworks file for Aston Martin Jack Pads. As most of you probably know, there's a weird little cutout in the sill at the jacking points, and a little hole where the chassis is mounted on the production line.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ine=1394837847

Many people have been using hockey pucks, blocks of wood etc, when jacking their cars up. These will work, but of course there's always that nagging doubt about whether it is properly secured, cars falling off the jack, damaging the sill etc.

The pieces I have designed will sit in the cup of a standard jack. The little nub that protrudes is actually separate from the shaped slice. This means that to use the pad on the opposite side of the car you lift the contoured piece off and flip it 180 degrees. Front & Back are different shapes so there's one piece for the front, and one for the back.

The little holes in the sills are lined with a recessed rubber grommet, so the nub should actually be snug enough to hold the pad in position while you position the Jack. No more guesswork, no more blocks of wood.

We're aiming to produced these machined out of billed aluminum (or aluminium ;) ). I can do this at a price of $89.95 per vehicle set. I know, I know, you can get jack pads for a Honda for $20, but economies of scale and all that.

I haven't pulled the trigger on these yet, looking to get some feedback. If I can get an even dozen we could get this into production.

Any Interest?

CARAIBAM 03-14-2014 05:04 PM

would it be usable on DB9?

Stuart@VelocityAP 03-14-2014 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by CARAIBAM (Post 4068495)
would it be usable on DB9?

I designed these on a Vantage, but I am told by an Aston mechanic that the cutouts look the same on all the cars, so I *Believe* that they will work on all the Gaydon Era cars.

Racer_X 03-14-2014 05:10 PM

I have some wooden blocks I made for my V12V if anyone is interested. :)

millsjq 03-14-2014 05:10 PM

I would want a set.

bluebarchetta 03-14-2014 08:37 PM

I'm in for sure

drcollie 03-14-2014 09:32 PM

I'm in if I keep my Vantage! I lifted the car up just last week to do an oil service and was lamenting not having these. I think they are a must have for the car as there is no good pickup point without them.

Stuart@VelocityAP 03-14-2014 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by drcollie (Post 4068613)
I'm in if I keep my Vantage! I lifted the car up just last week to do an oil service and was lamenting not having these. I think they are a must have for the car as there is no good pickup point without them.

I saw your thread about the wheels Duane, and selling the car... say it ain't so?

spf1410 03-14-2014 10:33 PM

Raising my hand, I'm in for some.

groutguy 03-14-2014 11:23 PM

Hi Stuart
You can count me in as well.
Your pricing is spot on based on other jacking pucks in the market place (corvette, viper, etc.), I've bought pucks for all of my previous vehicles.
How about dipping them in rubber (like tool handle rubber dip) to help marring the painted surface. I'd be willing to pay extra for the coating.
Thanks!

marcus303 03-15-2014 01:40 AM

I'll take a set

XJRS Owner 03-15-2014 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP (Post 4068499)
I designed these on a Vantage, but I am told by an Aston mechanic that the cutouts look the same on all the cars, so I *Believe* that they will work on all the Gaydon Era cars.

They seem a little too specific. You should get a DB9 and make sure your design is truly universal to Gaydon cars. Also, I don't understand the part about the nub being separate. Are you saying there are 3 pieces, or is the nub part of the rectangular block? Or is there a nub on both sides of the rectangular block and a hole in the circular part so the rectangle can be flipped to 'hand' the puck?

Just call me confused...

FatFrank 03-15-2014 06:48 AM

Sounds like you would need two sets if you wanted to jack up the front or rear of the car from both sides?

....and, yes, it's aluminium. :)

V12V 03-15-2014 08:00 AM

I'll take a set. Rubber coating would be nice as well.

Yangpei 03-15-2014 10:12 AM

I'd be interested in a set as well.