6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin Vendor Classifieds (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-vendor-classifieds-159/)
-   -   AWOL : Glass Buttons now found..... (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-vendor-classifieds/353528-awol-glass-buttons-now-found.html)

Mike bamford rose 12-05-2014 04:42 PM

AWOL : Glass Buttons now found.....

..... and fitted into Dashboards.

After we apply new features to a project such as electronic switchable suspension or Sport mode button to control open or closed the exhaust bypass valves, we are often asked to update the older style plastic buttons to glass buttons at the same time. However, glass buttons were introduced when new center console was introduced and some buttons intrinsic to new console didn't appear on the glass button options list.

Until now.

After becoming frustrated it was not possible to have a completely glass button theme on the earlier cars, we made the buttons ourselves.

The previously unavailable in glass buttons were;
Hazard warning light
AirCon select
Air Re circulation
Heated front and rear screen

All are now available in glass, the quality, true to form Bamford Rose - meaning as if product was made by OEM maker. Fully back lit and with the correct LED light for 'on'

We now offer any button in glass style to match current car button spec, but further, some clients commented they preferred the older 'classic' button font style more than the newer 'modern' glass button font. We solved this problem too by offering option of all glass buttons in both new and old font styles.

New lower center console button rack (this V8 Vantage had electronic switchable suspension):
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.6sp...6b9b76dcbb.jpg

New middle section console button rack:
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.6sp...73c6fd2267.jpg

Newer Style Font with thick / slanted font:
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.6sp...d8b374dfa3.jpg

Example of older style font which is upright / thinner:
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.6sp...dac82c2172.jpg

Example that anything creative is possible:
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.6sp...988724f620.jpg
A client asked for passenger ejection seat button and missiles button, we have made these, in fact, any icon provided we will incorporate into a glass button.
For traction control, instead of the car graphic with tire marks we had the idea to replace car with either V8 or V12 graphic and tire lines, this looks cool. Whatever you design we make.

On application stating buttons required and font type we issue quotation.
Center console removal is fairly easy and button swap even simpler, making this ideal fit at home upgrade.

anton28 12-05-2014 06:32 PM

I'm looking for an OEM set for my DBS. Can you help?

spyder997s 12-05-2014 06:57 PM

Generally how much do these go for?

Also, do you have pics of the passenger eject and missile buttons? Would love to see it!

AMCan 12-06-2014 12:34 PM

Hi Mike,

Brilliant...The launch button in place of the sport button would be fun. Will it work and where can I get one?

Also wondering if one can swap button locations? On my LHD the sport button is hidden behind the shifter and l'd rather put the traction control button (which i rarely use) in that location.

Vantagelvr 12-07-2014 06:16 PM

Would be interested to know the cost of a standard set for an 07 Vantage , 6 speed . Tks

Teekster 12-07-2014 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by vantagelvr (Post 4250504)
would be interested to know the cost of a standard set for an 07 vantage , 6 speed . Tks

+1!!

speedracer800 12-07-2014 07:38 PM

Very cool!

I have 2 questions..

How much?
And.. Give it to me!

No32 12-07-2014 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mike bamford rose (Post 4249724)
..... and fitted into Dashboards.

After we apply new features to a project such as electronic switchable suspension or Sport mode button to control open or closed the exhaust bypass valves, we are often asked to update the older style plastic buttons to glass buttons at the same time. However, glass buttons were introduced when new center console was introduced and some buttons intrinsic to new console didn't appear on the glass button options list.

Until now.

After becoming frustrated it was not possible to have a completely glass button theme on the earlier cars, we made the buttons ourselves.

The previously unavailable in glass buttons were;
Hazard warning light
AirCon select
Air Re circulation
Heated front and rear screen

All are now available in glass, the quality, true to form Bamford Rose - meaning as if product was made by OEM maker. Fully back lit and with the correct LED light for 'on'

We now offer any button in glass style to match current car button spec, but further, some clients commented they preferred the older 'classic' button font style more than the newer 'modern' glass button font. We solved this problem too by offering option of all glass buttons in both new and old font styles.

New lower center console button rack (this V8 Vantage had electronic switchable suspension):

New middle section console button rack:

Newer Style Font with thick / slanted font:

Example of older style font which is upright / thinner:

Example that anything creative is possible:

A client asked for passenger ejection seat button and missiles button, we have made these, in fact, any icon provided we will incorporate into a glass button.
For traction control, instead of the car graphic with tire marks we had the idea to replace car with either V8 or V12 graphic and tire lines, this looks cool. Whatever you design we make.

On application stating buttons required and font type we issue quotation.
Center console removal is fairly easy and button swap even simpler, making this ideal fit at home upgrade.

and what do you offer for the V12V?

Mike bamford rose 12-08-2014 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by spyder997s (Post 4249780)
Generally how much do these go for?

Also, do you have pics of the passenger eject and missile buttons? Would love to see it!

I will post up the pics of the non standard range we have soon.

The price per std glass button is $95
The price of any button in glass no matter the icon is $295.00

Shipping and import duty is on top

For a precise quote for each owner / car, please PM VIN# and list of exactly the button spec / each and every button you require.

Buttons varied greatly across cars and even a VIN# search is no guarantee that post build the specification didn't change, which is why i ask full list of buttons required.

Thanks for the interest.

Mike.

terminal_ac 12-08-2014 12:01 PM

Do you have a glass button for the fuel release (Vantage V8).

Mike bamford rose 12-12-2014 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by AMCan (Post 4250033)
Hi Mike,

Brilliant...The launch button in place of the sport button would be fun. Will it work and where can I get one?

Also wondering if one can swap button locations? On my LHD the sport button is hidden behind the shifter and l'd rather put the traction control button (which i rarely use) in that location.

once the wiring is unravelled a little, it is possible to swap the position as you desire, yes. A launch button will operate the sport function, yes.

Mike bamford rose 12-12-2014 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by terminal_ac (Post 4250917)
Do you have a glass button for the fuel release (Vantage V8).

yes, i can make a glass button with fuel release icon, although a plain (seat or glove box) button would do the job just as well, depends if you want the on cost of what is needed to create the special icon button

Mike bamford rose 12-12-2014 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by No32 (Post 4250570)
and what do you offer for the V12V?

the glass buttons, and plastic for that matter, are all interchangeable between models. So a glass button (where available) from latest level car would plug / play in '05 car.

for any model / year its just a case of stating the buttons needed and i can work a total price depending in how many std and how many special to order.

terminal_ac 12-12-2014 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mike bamford rose (Post 4253854)
yes, i can make a glass button with fuel release icon, although a plain (seat or glove box) button would do the job just as well, depends if you want the on cost of what is needed to create the special icon button

Is this correct, then?

"The price of any button in glass no matter the icon is $295.00"

Vantagelvr 12-29-2014 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by terminal_ac (Post 4254015)
Is this correct, then?

"The price of any button in glass no matter the icon is $295.00"

Im confused too is one button 95$ or 295$ ?:)