Aston Martin Vendor Classifieds vendor classified area...do not post here unless you are a forum sponsor

Supercharger or Turbo?

Old 01-29-2016, 10:36 AM
got one will become famous soon enough
Supercharger or Turbo?

Just curious as to options out there and thoughts from the community. I have an 07 Sportshift and am looking to keep up with the v12s...I am one of the rare folks however, that prefer the earlier look of the vantage to the newer vantage...so, thoughts?

Thanks in advance all!

Old 01-29-2016, 11:21 AM
anton28 will become famous soon enough
Do a search. We had a very detailed conversation about doing a twin turbo build on here a few months back.

Old 01-29-2016, 11:51 AM
got one will become famous soon enough
I did a search and could only find things on the v12...I am looking into forced induction on the v8.

Old 01-29-2016, 12:15 PM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
There is someone on here (in EU) that super charged his v8, I forgot his user name but he comments a lot on the tuning threads in the aston sections.

Old 01-29-2016, 01:41 PM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
585 RWHP if I recall... Can't recall his user name, but he was pretty open about sharing so assume he won't mind the pict repost.

I am sure just a 'small' wad of $100's won't get you there...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	585rwhp.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	438742  
Old 01-29-2016, 02:00 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Old 01-29-2016, 02:37 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by got one
Just curious as to options out there and thoughts from the community. I have an 07 Sportshift and am looking to keep up with the v12s...I am one of the rare folks however, that prefer the earlier look of the vantage to the newer vantage...so, thoughts?

Thanks in advance all!
I vote Turbo.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 01-29-2016, 02:39 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Don't judge that's just the dirty mock-up.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 01-29-2016, 02:41 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Wooooooo Stuart Should be in interesting project!!

Old 01-29-2016, 02:52 PM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
Wouldn't it be easier to drop the supercharger from an AJ-V8?

Old 01-29-2016, 02:58 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
IIRC, last time someone suggested the AJ's supercharger, it was said that there are some key differences that prevent it from being a direct swap

Old 01-29-2016, 04:39 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by cret
Wouldn't it be easier to drop the supercharger from an AJ-V8?
Not really, no. And there are some limitations mechanically on a Supercharged setup that a turbo doesn't have.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 01-29-2016, 08:55 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
I grew up drag racing in the 60s and thought you could never have to much hp.
I was wrong I built a super charged C7 Corvette. It made 585 RWHP on a nice Florida summer day. 95 degrees and 95 % humidity. First,second, and third gear were useless. It would just not hook up until third gear and that was with 13"wide rear wheels and 345 tires. For street use a twin turbo set up is far better than a supercharger. With a supercharger all the power is there just off idle. But with the turbo setup power builds in a progress way, making it far better for street use. Or get a traction control from Race Logic that cuts fuel and spark to alternating cylinders. The same traction control that used to be used in F1. Horse Power Sales in Pompano Beach has developed it fo high powered Corvettes and Vipers. Either way let the fun begin.

Old 01-30-2016, 10:20 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Gene G
I grew up drag racing in the 60s and thought you could never have to much hp.
I was wrong I built a super charged C7 Corvette. It made 585 RWHP on a nice Florida summer day. 95 degrees and 95 % humidity. First,second, and third gear were useless. It would just not hook up until third gear and that was with 13"wide rear wheels and 345 tires. For street use a twin turbo set up is far better than a supercharger. With a supercharger all the power is there just off idle. But with the turbo setup power builds in a progress way, making it far better for street use. Or get a traction control from Race Logic that cuts fuel and spark to alternating cylinders. The same traction control that used to be used in F1. Horse Power Sales in Pompano Beach has developed it fo high powered Corvettes and Vipers. Either way let the fun begin.
There does come a point where you are building something that really needs track or runway time to see it work properly. 600BHP at the crank is still a manageable amount in an Aston, we get well in excess of this out of a V12VS with our Power Kit and it's still usable. But 600 out of a 4.3L would be a nice streetable package I think.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 02-01-2016, 09:11 AM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Not really, no. And there are some limitations mechanically on a Supercharged setup that a turbo doesn't have.
Perhaps splitting the turbos and sit the compressors in the front would be even more ideal.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Supercharger or Turbo?