Aston Martin Vendor Classifieds vendor classified area...do not post here unless you are a forum sponsor

Vantage jacking bar

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 12:41 PM
Former Vendor
hsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to behold
Vantage jacking bar

I'd like to give a bit of a preview of what I've been working on lately. I've had great support from members who wanted jack stands, and this is the next step.

As has been discussed at length, getting these cars up in the air on jackstands is a bit of a tricky undertaking. The only safe spot to put the jack stands, is also the best place to lift from. When I did my clutch, I used a rubber pad that fit in the middle of the car to lift from, but I found this quite scary, especially the 2nd side. (where you essentially have an unsteady tripod).

I've put together this prototype of a lifting bar. It gives a secure lift pad at the center of gravity of the car, and solid fit to the jack points. You lift up with your trolley jack, then place jack stands are the corners. The center point only lightly touches the bottom of the bodywork, and doesn't exert any force. (this was the hardest part to get right) I will add foam or plastic to protect the bottom of the sill from the light contact.

I'd like to get a gauge of interest for this - a set of 2 would sell for $425 shipped. The aluminum parts will be anodized, and the steel bar painted (color TBD, but planning on something fairly bright)

Right now, I only have a design for a V8 Vantage coupe with standard sills. (other models will come based on interest).

Any comments or suggestions appreciated. Note as well I have standard jack stands available now.

Last edited by hsm precision; 06-24-2017 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Add detail
Old 06-24-2017, 03:02 PM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Matt

looks fabulous

I expect the freight will be enormous to Aus but otherwise I'd have one (or do you need 2?)

hope you get a good response

Graeme

Old 06-24-2017, 03:32 PM
Former Vendor
hsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to behold
Hi Graeme,

Most of the freight would be the tube - I'm using 1" hollow bar, with 1/8" wall. If you can find the bars locally, the aluminum pieces would slot right on. Freight for those parts would be reasonable.

They would come in a set of 2 (I've edited my original post to clarify).
Matt

Old 06-24-2017, 04:31 PM
W126C will become famous soon enough
Nicely done. Your work is outstanding as always.

Regards,

Old 06-24-2017, 06:39 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Looks amazing, you might want to add set screws so the aluminum block stay put on the steel bar. I wish you had that last year went I was looking, I bought a QuickJack for a lot more $$$$ as I didn't trust myself lifting the car onto jack stands with only a floor jack.

Old 06-24-2017, 07:20 PM
Former Vendor
Thanks for the kind comments.

Good thought about the setscrew - I'll add that to the production version.

Working on machining the first sales quality parts this weekend.

Thanks,

Matt

Old 06-24-2017, 07:47 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Hi Matt...nice
I bought your pads when you first started to sell... wonderful red color you did for me...

Can I reuse my current pads or must you buy the bar as a unit as it appears modified for working?

Great to see you are still helping owners...

Duke

Old 06-25-2017, 12:04 AM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Matt

of course - in my defence it was first thing Sunday morning when i wrote that

I'll organise some and get back to you

Graeme

Old 06-25-2017, 08:11 AM
Former Vendor
Duke,
I tried to figure out a way to be able to use the existing pads, but I wasn't able to find a solution that would work (would be too tall, and also chance of being tippy).

What I will do in recognition of those who've already bought pads, is offer a discount on the price. I will offer to previous customers for 325$ shipped.

Graeme, not a problem. Please let me now what you find - it's fairly straightforward to do a variation to meet different tube variations. (this would also apply to customers in Europe to reduce the pain of shipping).

Thanks,

Matt

Old 07-09-2017, 08:05 AM
Former Vendor
I'm please to show that the first production bar set is complete.

Materials are anodized aluminum for the lifting hardware, and a silver painted steel tube as support.

I've added setscrews on each point to help lock into place, and of course have the o-rings that help hold the bar in place during alignment.

Jack stands are not included, but will work with most types with the cupped tops. (harbor freight, etc).

Bars ship as a set of 2, as they stay in place while lifting the car.

Price is 425 shipped within the US mainland, and as I mentioned above, I'll offer a 25% discount for those that have purchased the standard jack pads.

At this point, I only have a version for the V8V coupe (non-s), and with standard sills. If there is interest, I can do a version for other cars, but it will require collaboration to make sure clearances are correct in the sill area.

1st unit is available to ship now, and additional units have an approximate 5 day build time.

Payment accepted via paypal, or via my web store below.

Thanks,

Matt

Last edited by hsm precision; 07-09-2017 at 08:08 AM.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:50 PM
passeveryone is an unknown quantity at this point
jacking bar w pads

Matt

do you have sets of jacking pads for AM Vantage S (2011)
I have a 2 post lift and the pads would be better than reshaped
hockey pucks

Jon

Old 11-21-2017, 05:57 AM
Former Vendor
Passeveryone - thanks for your purchase - pads are on the way.
Matt

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.