Aston Martin Vendor Classifieds vendor classified area...do not post here unless you are a forum sponsor

VelocityAP 10th Anniversary Sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 10:30 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lilseevs
Question - if I went with decats, I'm assuming a CEL will pop up for sensors? Other cars I have decatted, there was usually some sort of "dp fix" either by coding or a piggyback module

Is this a concern on the V8V? I'd rather not drive around with a CEL even though I know the cause
On a 2010, yes the decats with throw a CEL for cat efficiency. We can resolve this with ECU Tuning. Some people have used O2 spacers with different levels of success. The easy answer is to tune it - another 30HP or so, and the light will never come on. Problem solved!

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 11-15-2017, 10:32 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by deckman
You have a tune for V8V with 200 cell cats, what about those of us with the secondary cats deleted?
With exceptionally minor differences, it's the same tune.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 11-15-2017, 12:42 PM
007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light
Question

Hi Stuart,

Your website gives an example of gains on a 4.3 power pack with exhaust.
Do you have data on a 4.3 power pack without exhaust?

That might help me decide on staging up over time vs all at once...

Thanks,
Ryan

Old 11-15-2017, 02:03 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by 007V8Vantage
Hi Stuart,

Your website gives an example of gains on a 4.3 power pack with exhaust.
Do you have data on a 4.3 power pack without exhaust?

That might help me decide on staging up over time vs all at once...

Thanks,
Ryan
It's the same, the exhaust doesn't make any power.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 11-16-2017, 12:14 AM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
On a 2010, yes the decats with throw a CEL for cat efficiency. We can resolve this with ECU Tuning. Some people have used O2 spacers with different levels of success. The easy answer is to tune it - another 30HP or so, and the light will never come on. Problem solved!
How about going with the x pipe for secondary cat delete - any cel then? I’d like to do the tune absolutely last if possible. I like doing upgrades in steps/phases so I get a feel/ear for each step

Could you post a sound clip of the gt4 supersport exhaust component you offer on a mostly oem car? If you could post sound clips of the x pipe as well that’d be greatly appreciated!

Old 11-16-2017, 11:33 AM
Basic Sponsor
How about going with the x pipe for secondary cat delete - any cel then? I’d like to do the tune absolutely last if possible. I like doing upgrades in steps/phases so I get a feel/ear for each step

Could you post a sound clip of the gt4 supersport exhaust component you offer on a mostly oem car? If you could post sound clips of the x pipe as well that’d be greatly appreciated!
Since you have a 2010, you do not have a separate secondary cat. Your catalytic converters are integrated units which contain both primary & secondary in one assembly. So if you want to remove the secondaries with a bolt-on part you have to either delete the primary or replace with a 200 cell unit at the same time.

We have some clips on youtube with XPipes fitted, but they are in combination with 200 cell sport cats, which I'm not sure is what you're looking for?

I don't know that anyone has posted a clip of our GT4 exhaust on it's own, but this is what it will sound like:

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 11-16-2017, 02:18 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
Is the ECU tune a plug and play I can just put in myself?

Old 11-16-2017, 03:01 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by rohnin
Is the ECU tune a plug and play I can just put in myself?
99% of our customers do the tuning process themselves. It is not 'plug & play' in the sense that the tune is not loaded to the programmer, you read the file off the car, email to us and then load the MOD file to the programmer, and flash to the car.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 11-16-2017, 05:38 PM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
Since you have a 2010, you do not have a separate secondary cat. Your catalytic converters are integrated units which contain both primary & secondary in one assembly. So if you want to remove the secondaries with a bolt-on part you have to either delete the primary or replace with a 200 cell unit at the same time.

We have some clips on youtube with XPipes fitted, but they are in combination with 200 cell sport cats, which I'm not sure is what you're looking for?

I don't know that anyone has posted a clip of our GT4 exhaust on it's own, but this is what it will sound like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9axVcWlAQg
Oh man I like that a lot! Very gt track sounding with some raspiness, how is the level in terms of loudness? Any interior drone? Will def sound more refined than decatted, hmmmmmmmmmm....

Old 11-16-2017, 06:14 PM
Basic Sponsor
Oh man I like that a lot! Very gt track sounding with some raspiness, how is the level in terms of loudness? Any interior drone? Will def sound more refined than decatted, hmmmmmmmmmm....
Drone... any time you increase the volume you're going to hear any resonance amplified in the cabin. V8's aren't very bad for that though. V6's are terrible. I think you would find it okay.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 11-16-2017, 06:58 PM
99% of our customers do the tuning process themselves. It is not 'plug & play' in the sense that the tune is not loaded to the programmer, you read the file off the car, email to us and then load the MOD file to the programmer, and flash to the car.
So I would need to hire a programmer?

Old 11-16-2017, 07:06 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by rohnin
So I would need to hire a programmer?
No. You buy the product, we send you a programmer. You keep the programmer, it's yours, it marries to the vehicle:

"Each customer receives a hand-held Velocity V-Tech ECU Flashing Tool:"

http://www.velocityap.com/Aston-Martin-V8-Vantage-ECU-Tuning-Performance-p/velv8vecu.htm

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 11-16-2017, 07:14 PM
Lve2xlr8 is on a distinguished road
Just ordered my tune. Thanks Stuart!

Old 11-16-2017, 08:52 PM
Batman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura about
How often does Aston Martin update the ECU program, or even flash the file on the car?

In other words:
* Do I need to reflash after any service updates
* If I'm sending you my existing file today, to be updated by you for reflash, how can I get an updated file if AM updates my factory default file?
** I'd there a charge for subsequent updates to AM base file

Thanks

Old 11-17-2017, 08:39 AM
No. You buy the product, we send you a programmer. You keep the programmer, it's yours, it marries to the vehicle
I wonder if people without physical mods benefit from this, and also for 2016 models. Does it void the warranty? Can dealers notice it? Sounds interesting

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.