Aston Martin Vendor Classifieds vendor classified area...do not post here unless you are a forum sponsor

VelocityAP 10th Anniversary Sale

Old 11-18-2017, 09:15 AM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
Stuart, I have decided to pull the trigger on the GT4 exhaust but am getting the following error, please advise

Old 11-18-2017, 01:28 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Batman-76
How often does Aston Martin update the ECU program, or even flash the file on the car?

In other words:
* Do I need to reflash after any service updates
* If I'm sending you my existing file today, to be updated by you for reflash, how can I get an updated file if AM updates my factory default file?
** I'd there a charge for subsequent updates to AM base file

Thanks
Depends upon the model year etc. Usually once cars are 3-4 years old there aren't a ton of updates. However, we do strongly suggest flashing back to stock before any dealer visits because if they do update it and you haven't flashed back to stock you will need a new programmer to tune it again.

If AM updates your software and you DID flash back to stock you just erase the device, read the new software and send the new 'original' version to us.

There is no charge for retunes/updates at this point.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 11-18-2017, 01:32 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rohnin
I wonder if people without physical mods benefit from this, and also for 2016 models. Does it void the warranty? Can dealers notice it? Sounds interesting
You benefit from it the sense that there's been up to 31WHP documented gains on the 4.7L cars. Warranty is a grey area. I think if your window regulator fails, there's not going to be much pushback. If you have an engine issue then AM might try to blame the tune.

If the car is tuned when it is in the dealership the technician will be able to see if the car has a CVN mismatch, which would show that the software version is not the same as the last time it was connected. If you flash it back to stock that mismatch will not be present. But there are things like flash counters so there's always some footprint and you do need be prepared that it if push comes to shove, things are never 100% undetectable.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 11-18-2017, 01:33 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by lilseevs
Stuart, I have decided to pull the trigger on the GT4 exhaust but am getting the following error, please advise
Give it a try now.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 11-18-2017, 07:33 PM
Batman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Depends upon the model year etc. Usually once cars are 3-4 years old there aren't a ton of updates. However, we do strongly suggest flashing back to stock before any dealer visits because if they do update it and you haven't flashed back to stock you will need a new programmer to tune it again.

If AM updates your software and you DID flash back to stock you just erase the device, read the new software and send the new 'original' version to us.

There is no charge for retunes/updates at this point.

Thank you!! Order placed :-)

Old 11-18-2017, 07:36 PM
Batman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura about
Strange.
This thread no longer displays on my mobile Garage Talk app for iPhone...

Old 11-18-2017, 09:18 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
You benefit from it the sense that there's been up to 31WHP documented gains on the 4.7L cars. Warranty is a grey area. I think if your window regulator fails, there's not going to be much pushback. If you have an engine issue then AM might try to blame the tune.

If the car is tuned when it is in the dealership the technician will be able to see if the car has a CVN mismatch, which would show that the software version is not the same as the last time it was connected. If you flash it back to stock that mismatch will not be present. But there are things like flash counters so there's always some footprint and you do need be prepared that it if push comes to shove, things are never 100% undetectable.
Thanks for the explanation, I guess I will probably wait until my warranty runs out then

Old 11-18-2017, 10:01 PM
007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light
Question

It's the same, the exhaust doesn't make any power.
Thanks Stuart, how much power would you expect adding the headers to a 4.3L?

Old 11-22-2017, 06:01 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by 007V8Vantage
Thanks Stuart, how much power would you expect adding the headers to a 4.3L?
Depending on what other stuff you have done, around 15BHP, more midrange torque than top end though.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 11-22-2017, 06:43 PM
rolltide0323 is an unknown quantity at this point
No discount on the V8 Vantage Powerpack with exhaust 😁

Old 11-22-2017, 07:11 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by rolltide0323
No discount on the V8 Vantage Powerpack with exhaust 😁
We have 30% off on:
Exhaust
200 Cell Cats
ECU Tuning

With the Coupon Code VAP10YEARS

All of which are components of the kit.

Headers are 10% off with coupon code 6SPEED. All together that comes out a pretty hefty discount

Headers are in very short supply at the moment, can't keep them on the shelf.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 11-23-2017, 04:29 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Sturart,

I don't suppose that there are issues with me buying now and installing the stuff in the spring when my car is out of storage? I am talking about 200 Cats and software, thanks

Old 11-23-2017, 10:31 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by handyman2009
Sturart,

I don't suppose that there are issues with me buying now and installing the stuff in the spring when my car is out of storage? I am talking about 200 Cats and software, thanks
None whatsoever.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 11-23-2017, 02:51 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Stuart, order placed... :-)

Old 11-26-2017, 06:35 AM
rolltide0323 is an unknown quantity at this point
Stuart,

What kind of gains could I expect from the 200 cell cats, tune and air filters?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.