Aston Martin Vendor Classifieds vendor classified area...do not post here unless you are a forum sponsor

Jack pads for Vantage, DB9, DBS, Rapide

Old 02-22-2018, 10:56 PM
Former Vendor
hsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to behold
Jack pads for Vantage, DB9, DBS, Rapide, Vanquish

It's been nearly a year since I started selling jack pads, and the reception and support of the 6speed community has been great. I would not have been able to get the fit right without the patience and help of various members.

For reasons only known to Aston, not only every model, but even models within a range of cars have specific shapes of jack pads. I have been able to prove out designs for the following models:

-V8 Vantage Coupe
-V8 Vantage Roadster
-V8 Vantage S
-V12 Vantage
-DB9/DBS
-Rapide

All are now available from my web store, (or drop me an PM, either way works).

These are essential if you are lifting your car, or having it lifted for new tires, maintenance, etc. See this horror story for a worst case of incorrect lifting:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...firestone.html

My pads are 1 piece machined aluminum with an anodized finish (available in red and blue, other colors an option). I have added an o-ring that helps hold the pad to the car making aligning a jack easier.

They come in a set of 4, and are 200$ shipped in the US. Overseas adds a bit to the shipping.

Here are some examples:

DB9

V8 Vantage coupe

Thanks,

Matt

Last edited by hsm precision; 03-27-2018 at 11:45 AM. Reason: add Vanquish
Old 03-14-2018, 08:14 PM
Former Vendor
hsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to behold
I've added some new colors of anodizing for these pads. Available in addition to red and blue are orange, yellow, green, purple.

Here are some examples of the new colors.

Thanks,

Matt

Old 03-24-2018, 10:30 PM
Jordankn is an unknown quantity at this point
I would be interested in rapide pads

Old 03-27-2018, 11:44 AM
Former Vendor
Thanks to one of the many helpful members, I now have Vanquish pads available (they match the DB9 pattern).

Thanks,

matt

Old 03-29-2018, 07:07 AM
007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks Matt, payment sent via PayPal as suggested.
Cheers,
Ryan

Old 04-06-2018, 01:00 PM
007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by 007V8Vantage
Thanks Matt, payment sent via PayPal as suggested.
Cheers,
Ryan
Arrived in good condition, thanks again.

Old 04-06-2018, 02:07 PM
Former Vendor
Thanks for the update. Enjoy.
Matt

Old 01-04-2022, 07:56 AM
UltraMarine is a jewel in the roughUltraMarine is a jewel in the roughUltraMarine is a jewel in the rough
Quick question, can you confirm which pad kit to order from your website for the Rapide S. It doesn't outright mention the model name on there, eventhough I think it's the same as the DB9/DBS/Vanquish .

Also, do you know if a jackbar kit for the Rapide would be doable?

Old 01-04-2022, 08:18 AM
Former Vendor
Thanks for the interest.Rapide uses the same pad design as the DB9.
For the bar, I'm not sure. The biggest issue is the contact area in the center of the sill, and if there is enough clearance. Would it be possible to take a few pictures along the length of the sill, and I can see how the clearance looks?
Thanks,

Matt

Old 01-04-2022, 08:56 AM
UltraMarine is a jewel in the roughUltraMarine is a jewel in the roughUltraMarine is a jewel in the rough
Yeah, I'll go do that and get you some pictures & measurements!

In the meantime, I can use the jack pads on their own, so I'll go ahead and order those.

Old 01-11-2022, 02:04 AM
mrtzmd is on a distinguished road
Quickjack?

Hello
I bought an 08 vantage roadster that's on the way and plan on using a Quickjack lift. Do I need Jack pads?
thanks

Old 01-11-2022, 04:04 AM
usera will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by mrtzmd
Hello
I bought an 08 vantage roadster that's on the way and plan on using a Quickjack lift. Do I need Jack pads?
thanks
I use the QuickJack and always use the jack pads sitting on the rubber blocks. These things are perfectly made.

Old 01-11-2022, 05:10 AM
Former Vendor
Thanks USERA for the kind comments.

To be frank, you don't necessarily need jack pads (as others have pointed out, you can use hockey pucks, 2x4s. etc) , but it makes it much easier to safely lift the vehicle. The roadster in particular has a complex shaped lift pad, and it's virtually impossible to not put pressure on the body panels when lifting if whatever you are using is in the incorrect position.

This is an image of the rear lift point for context. The area labeled B is a dust cap that is removed, and where the protrusion of the jack pad fits. C is an undertray, and the silver area at the bottom is the body panel.

Old 01-11-2022, 10:23 AM
mrtzmd is on a distinguished road
Thanks, I understand now. How do I purchase?
website? Or PM?
Mauricio