Custom Refinished Aston Martin Hood Emblems - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Aston Martin Vendor Classifieds vendor classified area...do not post here unless you are a forum sponsor
Sponsored by:

Custom Refinished Aston Martin Hood Emblems

Old 03-14-2018, 07:04 AM
Emerging Sponsor
intrepidagent is on a distinguished road
Custom Refinished Aston Martin Hood Emblems

We've been refinishing Genuine Porsche Hood Crests, Wheel Centers and Grille Badges for over six years as a "hobby business" enjoyed positive feedback on 6speed for the pieces we've refinished.

Recently we were contacted by a fellow 6speed member and Aston Martin owner asking if we could create custom AM emblems as well. That really piqued our interest as we've refinished a few emblems for other exotics to include Ferrari and Lamborghini and we're always interested in refinishing pieces for owners of other marques. Soooooooooooooooooooooo........

In order to give this idea a test drive we sourced a number of NOS and used AM Hood Emblems from the same network of dismantlers / salvage yards in the US and Europe that provide us with "core" Porsche emblems:

Once they were in hand we media blasted the factory enamel fill and the chrome finish and took the emblem down to bare copper. Here's an emblem that has been "Half Blasted"and a completely stripped piece:

Once blasted down to bare metal the emblems are filled with our proprietary Marine Resin. Originally intended for use in boat construction as well as other applications it provides superior resistance to impact and UV damage as well as superior resistance to water, salt etc. and our Porsche customers have been more than pleased with the results. Once filled the emblems are wet sanded flat and even and finally polished and nickel plated. We refinished a few "demo" pieces to illustrate our capabilities:

Black Gloss Marine Resin "Wings" + Clear Marine Resin over an Anthracite Grey Metallic Lacquer center:

Clear Marine Resin over nickel plate "Wings" + a gloss black Marine Resin center:

And some additional pics of both:

We also have another demo emblem (in progress) being refinished in a Gulf Orange + Gulf Blue:

The demo pieces are by no means the only options and we can refinish custom pieces in nearly every conceivable combination / color (to include matching factory colors). Much like the Factory WRC hood emblems pictured here personalizing your Aston Martin is limited only by your own creativity:

Pricing for pieces similar to the two completed demo pieces is $399.99 shipped (in the US, international @ $15 additional cost). Additional available options include nickel, gold and silver plate and (guaranteed) matching factory paint colors.

To order or discuss options please contact us via our Gmail address: [email protected] . You can also contact us by PM here however email is best. Time from receipt of payment to shipping will be 2-3 weeks.

Cheers: Jim

Last edited by intrepidagent; 03-14-2018 at 07:25 AM.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:53 AM
brightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud of
Those look fantastic. Do customers have to send you their old emblems?

Old 03-14-2018, 10:06 AM
Emerging Sponsor
Thanks for the kind words. The pricing includes the "core" emblem being supplied by us. You do not need to send your emblem in for refinishing.

We do offer a core credit to our Porsche customers and would be interested in doing the same for AM owners. We're willing to pay $75 each + $3 for shipping as that is the price we currently pay for the emblems we've sourced in the US and Europe. We're not trying to "lowball" anyone rather just offering the option.

Old 03-14-2018, 10:20 AM
brightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud of
I can light bulbs going off in several members heads on what they might want to do for custom emblems!

Do you offer a front, rear, and engine emblem package?

Old 03-14-2018, 10:56 AM
lilseevs is on a distinguished road
Whoa, cool that you guys are actually doing this! Sorry I missed your pm @intrepidagent, for some reason I was not notified you messaged me

Gonna love seeing what combos people come up with, I will definitely be contacting you in late spring to get a custom set of American Flag emblems

Old 03-14-2018, 12:58 PM
HabitualOffender is a glorious beacon of lightHabitualOffender is a glorious beacon of lightHabitualOffender is a glorious beacon of lightHabitualOffender is a glorious beacon of lightHabitualOffender is a glorious beacon of lightHabitualOffender is a glorious beacon of light
I would have thought AM was using baked enamel like real cloisonne but if you media blast it clean I'm now guessing that's not the case?

Old 03-14-2018, 08:31 PM
Emerging Sponsor
I’m unsure what the factory uses as far as emblems are concerned. It appeared to be enamel / cloisonee however as long as we’re able to media blast the factory fill we’re standing by to refinish a custom emblem for you and your Aston Martin.

Last edited by intrepidagent; 03-14-2018 at 08:34 PM.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:22 PM
HabitualOffender is a glorious beacon of lightHabitualOffender is a glorious beacon of lightHabitualOffender is a glorious beacon of lightHabitualOffender is a glorious beacon of lightHabitualOffender is a glorious beacon of lightHabitualOffender is a glorious beacon of light
I was just surprised enamel would media blast, if they are. Is there a reason you chose the marine resin over traditional enamel cloisonné? Although, traditions are made to be broken

Old 03-14-2018, 10:57 PM
SheriffDep is just really niceSheriffDep is just really niceSheriffDep is just really niceSheriffDep is just really nice
Emailed, that copper black may already be a perfect fit for my car

Old 03-15-2018, 05:54 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
If owners don't want to hand in there old core emblems I could machine complete new cores that will be identical to the OEM I could cut it from T6 billit or titanium or solid gold if the client wants it.

Some of the guys on this forum have my stainless steel door sill plates and will confirm my CNC work is 'ok'

The only issue is I would want to tool up for a number of sets because once I have scribed the program and told the machine to produce it makes little sense to do one of bespoke items.

OP I love your work great job 👍 On the completed product

Old 03-15-2018, 06:39 AM
Emerging Sponsor
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi View Post
I can light bulbs going off in several members heads on what they might want to do for custom emblems!

Do you offer a front, rear, and engine emblem package?
We don't currently have any engine cover core emblems to work with at the moment. However if they have the same construction and utilize the same materials as the hood emblems that's entirely possible.

Old 03-15-2018, 06:45 AM
Emerging Sponsor
Originally Posted by captain Greg View Post
If owners don't want to hand in there old core emblems I could machine complete new cores that will be identical to the OEM I could cut it from T6 billit or titanium or solid gold if the client wants it.

Some of the guys on this forum have my stainless steel door sill plates and will confirm my CNC work is 'ok'

The only issue is I would want to tool up for a number of sets because once I have scribed the program and told the machine to produce it makes little sense to do one of bespoke items.

OP I love your work great job 👍 On the completed product
Thanks for the kind words about our work! As with the Porsche hood crests we refinish we'd prefer to use factory parts. I'm sure that manufacturing Porsche or AM's trademarked insignia would invite cease and desist letters from their legal teams.

Can you please PM me your email address as I have an potential (unrelated) CNC project to discuss.