Notices
Aston Martin Vendor Classifieds vendor classified area...do not post here unless you are a forum sponsor

Auto Dimming Mirror Repair

Old 05-11-2018, 06:00 PM
MikeD will become famous soon enough
Got my DBS mirror back today after a one-day turnaround. Looks brand new!

Old 05-11-2018, 06:10 PM
Aldv will become famous soon enough
Great! It is always nice to have another vendor for our cars....

Welcome again...good luck!

Old 05-11-2018, 07:34 PM
Former Vendor
Scott@Radar-Mirror.com is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
Got my DBS mirror back today after a one-day turnaround. Looks brand new!
Awesome, thank you!

Old 05-20-2018, 09:50 PM
Former Vendor
Thank you for orders!

Scott

Old 05-30-2018, 05:13 PM
MRCW is a glorious beacon of lightMRCW is a glorious beacon of lightMRCW is a glorious beacon of lightMRCW is a glorious beacon of lightMRCW is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
It is possible in the factory mirror. We would have to produce custom auto dimming glass to make it work. Is there a big demand for this on these cars?
hi scott...

not sure what a big demand is but i rented a car with this and it was great. i rarely use the built in nav screen and would love this as an option. at this point in time, i may try an amazon mirror set up for $200 bucks and take it apart and use the Aston mount.

Old 05-30-2018, 08:54 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by MRCW View Post
hi scott...

not sure what a big demand is but i rented a car with this and it was great. i rarely use the built in nav screen and would love this as an option. at this point in time, i may try an amazon mirror set up for $200 bucks and take it apart and use the Aston mount.
You will probably need to do some cutting and welding to attach the Aston mount to this mirror.

Old 06-30-2018, 01:45 PM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
Scott -

Yesterday my auto dimming mirror in my 996 Turbo developed this defect behind the glass. I have had this happen once before years ago and had the mirror replaced with a new factory original unit (the mirror pictured below).

There are currently no leaks from the mirror, but I have read that if it does leak the fluid can damage interior parts of the car. So I have wrapped the mirror with a plastic bag in case it starts leaking.

Can you repair this?

Old 07-06-2018, 05:28 PM
DonRW2007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Mirror removal?

My mirror doesn’t look anywhere near as bad as these examples - has some striations that appear as scratches but no fogging or opaqueness. Are there any posts or videos about how to remove mirror?

Thanks,

DRW

Old 07-10-2018, 04:34 PM
MRCW is a glorious beacon of lightMRCW is a glorious beacon of lightMRCW is a glorious beacon of lightMRCW is a glorious beacon of lightMRCW is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by DonRW2007 View Post
My mirror doesn’t look anywhere near as bad as these examples - has some striations that appear as scratches but no fogging or opaqueness. Are there any posts or videos about how to remove mirror?

Thanks,

DRW
Go to Aston 1936 . com

It is real simple takes 5 minutes and a T 30 bit. If you completely disconnect a mirror with a power cable, you will need to to also remove the little cover. pop out the speaker or cover plate with a small screwdriver and remove the single screw underneath it

Old 07-10-2018, 05:16 PM
embdenb is a name known to allembdenb is a name known to allembdenb is a name known to allembdenb is a name known to allembdenb is a name known to allembdenb is a name known to all
Originally Posted by DonRW2007 View Post

Thanks,

DRW

http://bernardembden.com/am/detector/index.htm