6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   Bye bye 911, Hello MoneyPenny (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/119781-bye-bye-911-hello-moneypenny.html)

epicV8 02-23-2008 09:00 PM

Bye bye 911, Hello MoneyPenny

Greetings everybody!

You may have seen me post at the AMOC forum. I recently traded a 2008 Carrera S with only 3000 miles. After a two week wait, I picked up my Aston V8V today. Wow!!

Within about 17 minutes I went to the trunk and pulled fuse 22. Not a bad "upgrade" for something so easy! I am going to install a switch in the cabin next weekend. This will toggle the vacuum pump that suppresses the bypass butterfly valve for the exhaust. A little cleaner than pulling fuse 22, but same result, and I can quiet the beast on long trips.

I also had my K40 installed into the Vantage. Not bad for one day right? Front/Rear Antennas and Front/Rear Diffusers. Its awesome. I had the LEDs installed in the plastic bracket that surrounds the instrument cluster. It seems like the only place that made sense - no way I was going to drill through the sheet metal on the instrument panel!

Its an '06 w/ 3500 miles, Tungsten Silver Exterior, Black interior with Silver Stitching. Very cool.

I almost got rear-ended by a driver who was trying to take a picture of the Vantage with his cell phone. Hilarious! I also got the finger from an Audi for no reason. Oh the controversy! The drama! And the exhaust sound! Its theater!!

Way to happy with this inanimate object!
// EpicV8

SiNzz 02-23-2008 09:51 PM

Wow, very nice. The V8V is definitely one of the most beautiful looking and sounding cars in existence. Everytime I see one my jaw just drops. Any pictures you plan to post ?:) And REL the audi giving you the finger; Jealousy is a ***** sometimes. But I think you'll probably be able to suck it up like a man, given that you're now driving an AM.

snakeplissken 02-24-2008 02:19 PM

Congrats on the new Vantage. Haven't pulled the fuse on my Vantage Vert yet, Is it loud all the time with the fuse pulled? I am surprised at the negativity from the Audi driver, My experience so far is that Vantage is very well received by the public most don't know what it is. Its not like driving a Lambo or Ferrari and all the negative vibes that ensue.

epicV8 02-24-2008 03:07 PM

It was within the first few miles of driving. I had a sh*t eating grin on my face, so I probably cut the guy off and didn't even know it.

As for fuse 22 - just try it! It only takes 30 seconds to remove, its in the trunk, inside the fusebox, underneath the thin access panel on the right side. Its not louder than normal, it just carries the same machine-gun type of exhaust note all the way through the powerband. If you like the sound that the V8V makes when you cross 4000 rpm, this is what it sounds like in the lower revs when the fuse is removed. Its fantastic! Also, I am convinced that I drive SLOWER with the fuse out because I am not always chasing the sound above 4000 rpm. Anyone else seeing this happen?

My first observations after only 24 hours with the car:

Performance: Better than expected! Plenty for me, even coming out of a 997S. Steering is less direct, but body roll is non-existent. Its amazing on uneven roads. Brakes are great.

Exterior: Be serious!

Interior: Seats are great. Instrument cluster is fantastic. Audio/Nav buttons are flimsy and feel cheap. Temp controls are awesome. The Nav system is...ok...I hate the fact that you have to zoom in to a microscopic level just to display street names. Stitching and dash are just incredible. The hydraulic doors really does give the car an exotic feel.

Ergonomics: The shifter is heavy and "mustangy", takes some getting used to. Steering wheel is thick and small, as it should be. The clutch is American style, too close to the top. Gas is a bit mushy. Again, this is a guy straight out of a 911S, so I am being picky.

Overall: Best car I have ever owned, by far. Cool factor alone puts this car in its own class.

12:03 02-24-2008 03:58 PM

what is AMOC?

snakeplissken 02-24-2008 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by 12:03 (Post 1695277)
what is AMOC?

Aston Martin Owners Club

Moving Slowly 02-25-2008 06:01 PM

wheres pics/?

masaston 02-25-2008 07:07 PM

i completely agree. there is nothing like the aston .
a local high end car dealer called me last week to see if i was interested in selling mine . there are only two of us in a city of 1 million. that is due to the nearest dealer being 6 hours away.it has got my mind going and have been trying to think of a replacement . i cannot see a turbo in my future as i have seen over a dozen just in my area of town . i would like to know about the gran torismo but cannot see any good info on them yet in the us .

pratt 02-26-2008 01:03 PM

it would be great if you could post pics on the switch install.