Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin Vantage or Gallardo??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 11:15 AM
robbie is on a distinguished road
The G has that 'see me ricer look' that I am not to fond off. If I were 24, then I would definitely want that.

I have an appreciation of the peformance for both cars but if you are hung about track times and 0-60 and stopping distance, then by all means go fo a G.

The Vantage in my opinion has a more refined look, probably because I have come to appreciate its looks as I have gotten older. I love that fact that you could take it out every day and slap on the miles.

Brand new, both vehicles have unlimited miles for three years. However, since you are buying a used one, I would advise you into spending some time researching the maintenance related to the vehicle.

I can't see myself driving a G every day, and if I were to fork over money for an exotic ride, I would want to drive the **** out of it every day.

Just me.

Old 04-18-2008, 12:36 PM
Z3RO is on a distinguished road
Gallardo for sure... Gallardo is supposed to be compared with DB9

Old 04-18-2008, 11:52 PM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Robbie, you are right about 0-60 for sure. Track times depends on the track but the G would usually win, although not by as much as you would expect. As far as braking goes, the AM outbrakes and in fact tied with 997TT for best stock stopping distance. Period.
I have a couple of really fast cars, that will walk on the g all day, but I find the AM to be one of the most satisfying cars I have owned and am, every time I go out, amazed at what a very fine all around package the car is. Throw in the money factor and it really shines.

Old 04-20-2008, 06:57 PM
BMoney5327 is just really niceBMoney5327 is just really niceBMoney5327 is just really niceBMoney5327 is just really nice
Originally Posted by robbie
The G has that 'see me ricer look' that I am not to fond off. If I were 24, then I would definitely want that.

I have an appreciation of the peformance for both cars but if you are hung about track times and 0-60 and stopping distance, then by all means go fo a G.

The Vantage in my opinion has a more refined look, probably because I have come to appreciate its looks as I have gotten older. I love that fact that you could take it out every day and slap on the miles.

Brand new, both vehicles have unlimited miles for three years. However, since you are buying a used one, I would advise you into spending some time researching the maintenance related to the vehicle.

I can't see myself driving a G every day, and if I were to fork over money for an exotic ride, I would want to drive the **** out of it every day.

Just me.
Thanks guys for the feedback..Me myself im more of a car show guy,but i would also like to drive one of these on a daily basis and not havin to worry too much about dishing out soo much money on the usuall maint. 24/7...feel my drift? Not saying I wont be able to afford it,just saying I dont tend to having it always in the shops. But yes the AM's still do come with warranty and if im putting $60k down I believe the AM will be a better choice?

Old 04-21-2008, 09:42 AM
JFaraday is on a distinguished road
I'd say Gallardo as well...

Old 04-21-2008, 09:49 AM
rezf is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Z3RO
Gallardo for sure... Gallardo is supposed to be compared with DB9

Not really. the only similar thing about the two is the price point. Otherwise, they are as far apart from eachother as night and day.
1) The G car is a firm-ride, a true sports car, while the DB9 has a lofty ride and is more of a GT car than a sports car geared for the track
2) The DB9 has rear seats (albeit tiny) while the G-car is a strict two seater

Old 04-22-2008, 01:05 PM
robbie is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by riverflyer
Robbie, you are right about 0-60 for sure. Track times depends on the track but the G would usually win, although not by as much as you would expect. As far as braking goes, the AM outbrakes and in fact tied with 997TT for best stock stopping distance. Period.
I have a couple of really fast cars, that will walk on the g all day, but I find the AM to be one of the most satisfying cars I have owned and am, every time I go out, amazed at what a very fine all around package the car is. Throw in the money factor and it really shines.

Thanks for correcting me on the stopping distance. I am actually surprised that it fairs better.

Nice to know that with inventory of rides, the AMV8 still tops in your mind. I believe it has to do with the pure gratification in driving her. That is exactly what I would seek.

Old 04-22-2008, 03:54 PM
rezf is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by robbie
Thanks for correcting me on the stopping distance. I am actually surprised that it fairs better.

Nice to know that with inventory of rides, the AMV8 still tops in your mind. I believe it has to do with the pure gratification in driving her. That is exactly what I would seek.
Robbie,
Have a look at this

http://www.fastestlaps.com/car459a86e4ac3d1.html

Old 04-22-2008, 04:13 PM
norcal2 is on a distinguished road
This is a better comparison between the two cars..but of course I am biased!
http://www.fastestlaps.com/index.php...=4585764d0f9c7

Old 04-22-2008, 04:23 PM
Former Vendor
HZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to behold
Having both car in the stable trly gives me an appreciation for how different these cars are.......... The G is the show stopping in your face exotic but has is faults as a daily driver... very limited utility and no storage at all.. parking and visibility are challenging as well. When it comes to maintenece the G has been known to be expensive..

The best way to explain the AM is the hot chick next door.... If the G is a crazy high maintenece **** star than the AM is a Hot sexy professional lady. Its great looking.. handles incredibly well and if dressed right is as show stopping as anything on the road... I say take the AM...

Old 04-22-2008, 07:36 PM
M3 Maniac is on a distinguished road
At 24 get a Gallardo.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:31 PM
BMoney5327 is just really niceBMoney5327 is just really niceBMoney5327 is just really niceBMoney5327 is just really nice
Originally Posted by M3 Maniac
At 24 get a Gallardo.
I'll be 25 at the time of purchase...In October...Yayyy and my insurance goes Lower!! LOL

Old 04-23-2008, 03:34 PM
My styles....hmmm?? lolz

Attached Images     
Old 04-23-2008, 03:42 PM
Hmm,right now I feel the AMV I like a lot better than the G..I just loveee that gray one...OMG OMG!!! Plus its more affordable(bein 65k down) and has warranty! They are running $85k-90'sK mark right now..the G is still in the 6figures..good points good points..

Old 04-23-2008, 10:40 PM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
The G is a very sexy car and we had one in a group of ferraris at an event one time and it certainly brought more attention than the fcars. Attention is not my thing but can relate to a friend who described supercar attention to me one time as a "guilty pleasure"!
Apt description.

Either way, the v8 is a beauty for sure.

Attached Images   

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aston Martin Vantage or Gallardo??