Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

can your AMV8 do this? the 448HP Vantage C!!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:33 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
You've got a stable to respect there. I was just about to look on eBay for the current prices of Z8s. I want my 911 forever, as my track/attack the mountains car. I would also like to have a 'James Bond car'. Not saying it's got to be in one of the movies, for sure. But just something with that level of cool. You have two. I also want a real American rod, and you have the GTO, a great year too at that. Something in my stable that you aren't interested in is the wild Jap car. I've got about 50k in a restomod of a 1972 240Z. SR20DET powered. Anyway, off topic. Thanks!

Old 06-29-2008, 09:13 AM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
Mod heaven ... and I thought I was a nut ... I know you are having fun !!!

I even had a Sony 10 stack CD (awhile ago) in my '70 911 I raced w/ HSR ...

The stereo gear was heavier than all the crap I removed to lighten the car !!!

Old 06-29-2008, 09:39 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Michael 996TT
Mod heaven ... and I thought I was a nut ... I know you are having fun !!!

I even had a Sony 10 stack CD (awhile ago) in my '70 911 I raced w/ HSR ...

The stereo gear was heavier than all the crap I removed to lighten the car !!!
How funny. I'm actually working on a lightweight system now that will still hit at least 145db. Thing is, I just had Synergy Racing send me pics of the cage with the current subs behind it. I have to sawzall the box to get it back out from behind the cage. I don't want to have to take the bar back out. That'd be stupid.

Anyways, I of course don't play it on the track, but I live right at the Blue Ridge Parkway, the Tail of the Dragon, and all the other hidden jewels that the mountains of Tennessee and North Carolina have to offer. It's driver heaven. So, I jam out and hit the esses.

Old 06-29-2008, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by rmrmd1956
Could you post the before and after dyno graphs?
What is the price range?
Can we program the ECU through the OBD2 port or does the motorola chip need to be physically removed to rewrite it as I've been told before
rmrmd1956,

I moved to Asheville from Wilmington a year and a half ago. Moving back at the turn of the year. My company is actually based out of Wilmington... The Bluffs on the Cape Fear is one of our projects. I moved to Asheville temporarily for a big client up in the mountains. Know of The Bluffs? Small world. Beautiful car, by the way...

Jared

Old 06-29-2008, 01:48 PM
jcr847 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by blakt out
You've got a stable to respect there. I was just about to look on eBay for the current prices of Z8s. I want my 911 forever, as my track/attack the mountains car. I would also like to have a 'James Bond car'. Not saying it's got to be in one of the movies, for sure. But just something with that level of cool. You have two. I also want a real American rod, and you have the GTO, a great year too at that. Something in my stable that you aren't interested in is the wild Jap car. I've got about 50k in a restomod of a 1972 240Z. SR20DET powered. Anyway, off topic. Thanks!
I would love to see pics of your 240... You should make a thread on it
I've always loved those cars

Old 06-29-2008, 07:07 PM
Kamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really nice
we need a dyno...

Old 06-29-2008, 11:47 PM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
blakt out, thanks for the props. I have a friend with a highly modded 70's or 80's Z car and it is a beast. Good choice. Would love to see some pics.

Kamran, I think a dyno sheet is coming soon.....

Old 06-30-2008, 12:21 AM
riverflyer and jcr847,

Yeah. I love 240Zs. A 280Z (far less collectable) was my first car, and I've owned 14 total now. I was actually brought home from the hospital when I was born in a baby blue '74 260Z. I would work on them and sell them to pay for college. It's where it all started for me. Now that I have a career and can actually afford to keep one instead of selling it (some just broke my heart), I had to go back and do one the way I'd always wanted.

The car is mid-done. It's been in the body shop for 8 months now, I think it is. It's middle of the way through reassembly now, so there's not any good pics of the final yet. Anyway, there's no body filler. It's all been laser aligned with better-than-stock (not saying that much) seams. All done concourse level, but without regards to the "gotta be stock" stuff. In short, it's getting a 400HP turbo SR15DET with a 6 speed out of the newest Sylvia with all the good turbo stuff, along with 6 piston Wilwoods (4 piston in the rear), a full billet adjustable suspension and differential mount setup, coilovers, LSD, billet 5 lug hubs, custom CCW 17" brushed 3 piece "Classic" wheels, a brand new OEM interior (including the dash and a restored factory stereo - no cover... I found one in plastic) and a perfect coat of the original lime paint. The bumperettes have been removed with the holes welded shut... then rechromed so that they are each a seamless piece of thin shiny metal.

Here are two pics of the car as I got it. When we stripped it down, we were oh so happy to discover that it had never been wrecked. I just bought this car off eBay and had it shipped here. No real rust either. So happy that day standing in the body shop.

And yes, that's my lone garage there in the background. The 911 won't even fit in it, thus the car cover. The Z does, but it's actually probably safer outside as well, considering that the garage could fall in at any moment. And having 4 vehicles in one narrow gravel drive where you sometimes just give up and drive the thing closest to the road isn't exactly optimal either. But hey, I'm working on it!

Sorry to hijack your AM thread. It wasn't my intent. Take care. When I get home and get the car done (I'm doing the remainder of the work myself), I'll make a thread for sure. Till then...

Old 06-30-2008, 06:21 AM
rmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by blakt out
rmrmd1956,

I moved to Asheville from Wilmington a year and a half ago. Moving back at the turn of the year. My company is actually based out of Wilmington... The Bluffs on the Cape Fear is one of our projects. I moved to Asheville temporarily for a big client up in the mountains. Know of The Bluffs? Small world. Beautiful car, by the way...

Jared
No, I haven't heard of it but I looked it up. Looks like a great project. I'm not a developer just a lowly MD, so I never hear about these sort of things. Good luck.

Old 06-30-2008, 06:51 AM
Originally Posted by rmrmd1956
No, I haven't heard of it but I looked it up. Looks like a great project. I'm not a developer just a lowly MD, so I never hear about these sort of things. Good luck.
Just? Whew. I think you have it backwards, my friend. No matter how well or foul a job your colleagues do, you will be needed and in service as long as you like. I however must always worry about my own name, company, and employees being negatively effected by such things as slash and burn development, sub prime lending, and preconstruction scams hiding legally in their LLCs and under the word "proposed". In other words, we fight a very, very hard fight to simply gain back the trust of every person that we meet... trust lost by our 'competitors', by 24 hour news, and the friggin USA Today.

Anyway, I suppose I started to rant there. That's another conversation for another time. If you'd like to see it without being hassled, I could have someone pick you up at Elijahs on the Riverwalk in a boat and take you for a short cruise to The Bluffs. I'm sure you are more than good living where you are, and would intend in no way to change that... but a pleasant boat ride for you and yours would hopefully be one more trusted voice in Wilmington speaking of our project in high regard. I'll tell them you are a friend, and that I just wanted you to see it. No sales BS.

An idea. Regardless, if I see your car driving around next month when I'm in town, I'll give you a wave. As I said, my wife and I will likely be moving back very shortly. She gives birth in September, and in due time will be going back to nursing at New Hanover again.

Take care.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:02 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Now that is a classic for sure. What does it weigh?
My grampa used to live in Hendersonville, nice country.

And back to regularly scheduled programming......Hoping to see dyno sheets on the latest pull for this reborn aston today.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by riverflyer
Now that is a classic for sure. What does it weigh?
My grampa used to live in Hendersonville, nice country.

And back to regularly scheduled programming......Hoping to see dyno sheets on the latest pull for this reborn aston today.
Without interruption, an estimated 1950lbs.

And now, back to your previously scheduled programming.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:39 AM
MikeySed will become famous soon enoughMikeySed will become famous soon enough
great vid - car sounds like a beast

Old 07-02-2008, 03:21 PM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
blakt out - some time when you are bored please shoot me a list of some roads you recommend driving in your neck of the woods. Looking for a October blast and we (+ bride to be) thought a driving trip North through the GA, NC, VA mountains would be some fun - maybe some B&B suggestions too ...

Old 07-02-2008, 03:36 PM
Former Vendor
HZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to behold
Mike

I think he lives near Tail of the Dragon which is from what I hear the road most drivers dream of taking their sports cars on

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: can your AMV8 do this? the 448HP Vantage C!!!!