Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

can your AMV8 do this? the 448HP Vantage C!!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-02-2008, 05:31 PM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Hz, check your email!!!

Old 07-02-2008, 06:23 PM
Former Vendor
HZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to behold
Now check yours

Old 07-03-2008, 07:52 AM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
H - I've heard about the Dragon from my previous "Bike" days, sounds like Heaven, hopefully there are a few other less travelled roads around there too. I kinda have this dislike for "blue lights" and have also heard the Dragon has quite a few (rumor ?) !!!

BTW - are you done w/ the "C" air intakes, etc., I really need to get off my @#$ and get some mods going.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:54 AM
Riverflyer - have you installed some fun stuff on the V8V ?

Old 07-03-2008, 10:13 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Michael,

I am not somewhere to be able to look at a map, but a jaunt through Helen, GA, then up to Highlands and Cashiers, NC is bound to be great. In Highlands, stay at the Old Edwards Inn. It's wonderful. AO Williams of Primerica owns it. Redid the whole block. If it's booked, stay at the Inn at Half Mile Farm. Then, take Hwy 64 East through Brevard. It will be 4 lane for just a bit, then cross over I-26. Stay on it through Bat Cave. These roads around Lake Lure and Black Mountain are some of the best I've ever driven. I will be able to get specifics for you later. I need to know how much time you want to burn. I wanted to get you enough info to know where to be in general. PM me when you get closer. I can make sure you're on stuff that I think is just as fun as the Dragon. You can overheat your brakes. You can hit 140. Beauty all around too.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:59 AM
Former Vendor
HZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Michael 996TT
H - I've heard about the Dragon from my previous "Bike" days, sounds like Heaven, hopefully there are a few other less travelled roads around there too. I kinda have this dislike for "blue lights" and have also heard the Dragon has quite a few (rumor ?) !!!

BTW - are you done w/ the "C" air intakes, etc., I really need to get off my @#$ and get some mods going.
I havent actually driven TOD myself but know some friends that have and said it was incredible.. Also mentioned that there were some naturally osilated areas where the blue light brigade wouldnt be able to hideout.. Jared would probably have better insight on TOD

Little while longer on the intakes, we are doing a true cold air kit for the car .. that will run throught the front grill area..... Yes michael get to modding already

Old 07-04-2008, 09:39 AM
H - while you are in there w/ the air intakes can you also figure out some additional brake ducts for the front calibers. Kinda like a scoop w/ hose pointing air onto the caliber. There was a kit like this for older 911's (and 993's where the fog lights were in the front bumper) that I installed for track days (and later on then racing) at Sebring - totally curred brake fade/failure - and I could run stock pads all day long !!! It was just a matter of getting more air to the caliber and rotor ... maybe a run of a 3-4" dia. hose through the grill or something like that ???

Old 07-04-2008, 09:46 AM
Blackt out - thank you for the suggestions - my fiance is looking at the "web sights" and loves 'em - also looking at Ivivi lodge near Lake Lure. Lookes like the right area to be in ...

Old 07-06-2008, 12:19 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Riverflyer - have you installed some fun stuff on the V8V ?
Have the Quicksilver exhasut installed and am waiting on the race cats, which should be here next week. CAI, properly done like H is talking about should finish this nicely, with ecu tune of course. I am following the RSC trail.

I like the stock suspension but am beginning to realize it's limitations. Have been working with a local Ohlins rep for setting up the TT 512 so may have him take a look on his shock dyno and see what changes we could make.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:12 AM
riverflyer - I am looking into springs, exhaust, cats and eventual ECU tuning. Currently only have stock exhaust "tied open" ....

Old 07-06-2008, 09:23 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Blackt out - thank you for the suggestions - my fiance is looking at the "web sights" and loves 'em - also looking at Ivivi lodge near Lake Lure. Lookes like the right area to be in ...
It is. Ivivi is nice. I've been there. Nice mountain modern architecture.

The nicest place for overall staying (incredible spa, golf, views, location, etc) though is the Grove Park Inn in Asheville if you want to enjoy a really nice nightlife. Asheville is rated in the top 5 places to live/retire of just about every ranking.

Old 07-07-2008, 12:01 PM
HZ - sent you a PM

Old 07-07-2008, 12:09 PM
Riverflyer - On my previous 964, 996 & 996 tt, I changed the springs (harder and progressive) and sway bars (larger dia. and adjustable) and found a big/nice difference on the street and nore so on the track. Then changed the shocks and there was not that large of a difference (kinda interesting) ... I understand the N400 has a larger rear sway bar, maybe this w/ a set of new springs, might be a easier/cost effective set up.

Old 07-07-2008, 12:10 PM
blakt out - thanks - sounds like I will not want to leave !!!

Old 07-09-2008, 03:51 PM
JHH127 has a spectacular aura aboutJHH127 has a spectacular aura about
wow! excellent

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: can your AMV8 do this? the 448HP Vantage C!!!!