Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

"Used" DBS Up For Sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 07:52 PM
Superman07 is on a distinguished road
"Used" DBS Up For Sale

I can't believe somebody would already be dumping one of these. Such a crime. Maybe it was a tester for a dealer?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=&cardist=2293

Old 07-31-2008, 09:00 PM
speedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nice
575 miles? That's still new, it has even been broken in. The DBS is a big improvement.

Old 08-01-2008, 01:52 AM
X50DAN is on a distinguished road
Red face Hmmm......

MSRP on these initial cars is $268k; there aren't any options. 'Think this is a "flipper" trying to make a buck.

Old 08-01-2008, 05:32 AM
MrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud of
That is only 8-10k over MSRP + Tax. For a car that was supposed to have a 2 year waiting list, that seems pretty cheap. It is a gorgeous car. Tough to believe it won't depreciate like every other Aston but I love it.

Old 08-01-2008, 07:31 AM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
I've had several dealers say sales are down; tough on the newer high end market; used is full of low ball lookers. Your stable has probably droppped in value too (which sucks) ... especially w/new "improved" Italian models out about every 3-4 years. I'm thinking this DBS is a flip too. P-cars are totally tanking ... can not believe their SUV is outselling their cars !!! I just enjoy them and consider it entertainment expense.

Old 08-01-2008, 07:45 AM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
There is a whole population of "renters" who buy these ultra-exclusive cars at debut knowing they're going to have them for a summer or a short period and flip them while the buzz is still hot. We saw the same thing with the first 997 gt3 rs and Gallardo SL cars. Really this is not a bad price, but I have to think that you could get a better color at the same price if you hunt the dealerships. I hear there has been some fall off on some waiting lists. I know there are car people who sprinkle money in deposit form every time they hear of a new cool car then move it to the next car when news hits. I'm sure there were deposits moving to Ferrari California or Audi R8 V10 and so on. Having driven the DBS, its hard to imagine a more overall satisfying car. The combination of looks, style, speed and finish is second to none. I've never driven a 599, but at double the price, I think the DBS is a bargain

Old 08-01-2008, 10:59 AM
Moogle is on a distinguished road
These cars are now selling FOR MSRP. The market has evaporated.

There are at least 6 new, untitled cars sitting at dealerships around the USA that can be had for immediate delivery.

Speculators are going to get burned for this one.

Old 08-01-2008, 03:45 PM
mdiez1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Moogle
The market has evaporated. Speculators are going to get burned for this one.
I'm very happy they've come down. I hate flippers. That same car was at around 315k by the same dealer just a month ago. They scoffed at the idea of negotiating on the price. The offer would have still been considerably over MSRP. That dealer tries boldly to capitalize on the market, a bit too boldly. IMO, this car is not worth that kind of money, even at MSRP. It is indeed the best driving Aston today, but certainly not worth the premium over the DB9. There are some good moral dealers out there that will only sell their new cars at MSRP.

Last edited by mdiez1; 08-01-2008 at 04:00 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:23 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Originally Posted by jaymoney
I've never driven a 599, but at double the price, I think the DBS is a bargain
First let me say that I consider AM's a terrific combination of great style and sports-car like dynamics. Ferrari's & Porsche's are certainly more sporting, but that isn't necessarily of the utmost importance. The 599 is no where near twice the price of a DBS. I know waiting-lists and demand made for a number of 599's go for way over their 300-ish sticker, but I'd guess that's near over. I could be wrong b/c Ferrari's often defy all odds in the marketplace but that's usually reserved for their newest V8 car and their uber-performer (F40,F50, Enzo). Their 12-cylinder cars haven't fared all that well in the recent past, and the 599 will come down because it's relatively plain if not downright ugly. It does, however, drive like *****. It's a shame A-M's depreciate like mad in their first few years and then slow down. Anyone buying a new A-M better not sweat the money because it's going to be even uglier than before going forward. This DBS isn't a great color nor a great price. All too often dealers and re-sellers are unrealistic of the market and hold out for the guy with money who just wants one and doesn't really even care to see what else is out there or at what price. The hand-writing is on the wall in regards to the ultra-luxury segment/super exotics and while their will always be buyers, things aren't what they used to be when factoring in the "green" movement/attitudes of the very wealthy and the economy in general.

Old 08-05-2008, 01:33 PM
robbie is on a distinguished road
It's a feeding frenzy. Everybody who is anybody wants one and the opportunity is there for some to make a few bucks.

I remember when Bonds movie aired with the Vanquish, it was pushing north of $300k and there were buyers. Now, you can pick up a used 04 with less than 15k miles for about $110. Besides all the problems associated with the Vanquish, I still view it better looking than the DBS.

Old 08-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Diablo79 will become famous soon enough
low bid

someone wake me up when the bid is at $175,000

Old 08-05-2008, 03:44 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by robbie
Besides all the problems associated with the Vanquish, I still view it better looking than the DBS.
agreed, would love an 06 w/ factory manual shifter

Old 08-05-2008, 03:52 PM
Superman07 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Diablo79
someone wake me up when the bid is at $175,000
How do you mean that? Your suggestion is the other end of extreme. MSRP on is $260k, so while I believe my original post is too low, I feel yours suggestion is well low.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:15 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
The first four 599 cars on Dupont registry are 440K and up, close to double the price of the DBS. Everything depreciates eventually. The Ferrari people are following some scientology cult-like obsesion with unreliable cars. Most Ferrari dealerships insist that you buy an older car before you choose your new car. Then they insist you sell you car back to them to allow them to upcharge of 100k or better. The F in ferrari is for F-you. There is a happening at Aston now that they are free from Ford. The Prodrive influence is bubbling. Soon there will be no sacrifice to buy one. the depreciation will be consistant with anyone else.

Old 08-06-2008, 06:16 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Originally Posted by jaymoney
The first four 599 cars on Dupont registry are 440K and up, close to double the price of the DBS. Everything depreciates eventually. The Ferrari people are following some scientology cult-like obsesion with unreliable cars. Most Ferrari dealerships insist that you buy an older car before you choose your new car. Then they insist you sell you car back to them to allow them to upcharge of 100k or better. The F in ferrari is for F-you. There is a happening at Aston now that they are free from Ford. The Prodrive influence is bubbling. Soon there will be no sacrifice to buy one. the depreciation will be consistant with anyone else.
We all know DuPont is like Barrett-Jackson. I agree with you totally on the attitude of almost all Ferrari dealers and a lot of owners. It's a credit to the product that they have this following and they are the envy of most manufacturer's, if not all. Many people get turned off by the whole process around trying to buy a "new" Ferrari. Aston needs to be realistic about it's products and pricing, the same way everyone except Ferrari does. In the short-term and maybe forever, no one else is going to be able to do what Ferrari does. There's not much A-M can do to limit the depreciation of it's vehicles except to offer the best product they can at a price that doesn't "gouge" the first-time buyer. Pricing products like the Rapide in the 250+ area will do almost nothing for the company b/c they'll move so few. Many buyers, even those with a lot of funds behind them are value shoppers. Make a great product at a good price and you'll move the units. Don't overprice yourself tying to compete with somebody else who is out of your league. No matter what anyone says, Ferrari is out of everyone's league (I'm not endorsing the product as best, just buyer's attitudes), and whether or not that's rational is anybody's guess.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: "Used" DBS Up For Sale