Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Good Price For A 2006 Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 08:31 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
SHoot the way things are going right now you just have to wait a couple weeks. The way the markets going you dont even need a new edition to push the price down.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:09 PM
joaquin03 is on a distinguished road
where, other than dealerships do people go about acquiring their AM's?? I've searched endlessly through Autotrader and Ebay and all the same dealership cars come up. Is there anywhere like auction or personal sellers put their cars? I'm sure individual sellers place their car in some sort of ad. Any help?

Old 10-23-2008, 05:12 PM
irvineboy is on a distinguished road
Astons are hard to come by. I personally would go for a 07 than a 06. Heard the 06 had lots of problems, no features like memory seats and auto dimming rear-view mirrors and cupdholders, which were all introduced in the 07 Vantage. First yr always has problems.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:17 PM
I actually AM going for an 07... but didn't want to start a new thread.. just wanted to keep it on topic..

Old 10-23-2008, 05:18 PM
I just wanna know where all these vehicle auctions are happening, and where, if any owners, are selling their AM's...

Old 10-23-2008, 05:22 PM
do 07 have cupholders? i heard 08 have cupholders

Old 10-23-2008, 05:25 PM
they all do... it looks like the 08's have the cupholders farther to the front than the previous models

Old 10-25-2008, 09:11 AM
obsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jyeh74
Astons are hard to come by. I personally would go for a 07 than a 06. Heard the 06 had lots of problems, no features like memory seats and auto dimming rear-view mirrors and cupdholders, which were all introduced in the 07 Vantage. First yr always has problems.
My 06 has all 3 features you mention ( I got it late in the model year, although it was one of the first available in the NE). What has surprised me the most is its reliability and quality - having had other English cars I expected the worst. It has been the most trouble free car I have ever owned (KNOCK ON WOOD). That is in comparison to 7 Porches, 4 BMWs, and lots of others over 40+ years. Only my first Lexus 400LS came close to having as few problems as my Vantage. Only issue I have had is with the gasket along the side of the front engine hood popping up through the crack. After a recent training trip to AM England my dealer's mechanic removed the old strip and installed a new one "upside down" unrequested - said AM has concluded that best resolves the issue.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:24 AM
stearnsn is an unknown quantity at this point
I found that if I do not "drop" the hood and simply (and very carefully) press it closed the rubber does not pop up.

Old 10-30-2008, 12:13 PM
obsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by stearnsn
I found that if I do not "drop" the hood and simply (and very carefully) press it closed the rubber does not pop up.
That worked for me as long as I didn't drive the car - a few minutes on the street and it would pop up...

Old 11-12-2008, 05:35 PM
lucky6600 is on a distinguished road
I have been looking for the price for the 06 and 07. It looks like it's going to go down more over the winter. I have seen few 06 have been lower than 70. That would help bring one home next spring.

Old 11-12-2008, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by obsessed
My 06 has all 3 features you mention ( I got it late in the model year, although it was one of the first available in the NE). What has surprised me the most is its reliability and quality - having had other English cars I expected the worst. It has been the most trouble free car I have ever owned (KNOCK ON WOOD). That is in comparison to 7 Porches, 4 BMWs, and lots of others over 40+ years. Only my first Lexus 400LS came close to having as few problems as my Vantage. Only issue I have had is with the gasket along the side of the front engine hood popping up through the crack. After a recent training trip to AM England my dealer's mechanic removed the old strip and installed a new one "upside down" unrequested - said AM has concluded that best resolves the issue.
Which part of Ct are you from?
I am 15 mins south of Hartford.

Which dealer do you use?

Old 11-12-2008, 05:43 PM
There is a contact I received from a guy selling his 2007 with only 2k miles for $60k. He says he needs money and is in financial crisis so selling it cheap. He is located in TN but will ship teh car for you to preview and test drive for 7 days (fully paid). I'm not sure how this works, but sounds too good to be true. Thoughts? I have contact if anyone wants.

Old 11-12-2008, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by jyeh74
There is a contact I received from a guy selling his 2007 with only 2k miles for $60k. He says he needs money and is in financial crisis so selling it cheap. He is located in TN but will ship teh car for you to preview and test drive for 7 days (fully paid). I'm not sure how this works, but sounds too good to be true. Thoughts? I have contact if anyone wants.

It does sound too good to be true. Do you have more informtation about the car? color combo? options? pics?

Old 11-12-2008, 08:53 PM
do tell...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Good Price For A 2006 Vantage