Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

AM Factory/Dealer Power Upgrade Kit for 4.3 ltr

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 08:20 AM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
AM Factory/Dealer Power Upgrade Kit for 4.3 ltr

FYI - The factory just put out a Power Upgrade Kit bulletin (10/24) that can be purchased/installed through a dealer. This is a retro upgrade for the 4.3 liter cars. I am getting the details later this week - things like HP, cost and what the changes are.
Just thought I would post in case others have new/more details ...

Old 10-25-2008, 08:29 AM
obsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to behold
Interesting - please share what you find out about specs and cost.

P.S. - I ran the Carbotech AX-8 pads at the track last weekend and will post update to earlier post on that.

Old 10-26-2008, 01:42 AM
Moogle is on a distinguished road
HP/torques are exactly to n400 spec. 400bhp/310ftlb
Cost is 15k+usd + 6 hours labour~

Old 10-26-2008, 06:49 AM
obsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to behold
With labor that sounds like $1000/1 HP - hard to justify IMHO

Old 10-26-2008, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by obsessed
With labor that sounds like $1000/1 HP - hard to justify IMHO
The cost/hp is about the same as the 911 X51 power pack. - 25k for 25hp

Bad value indeed.

Old 10-26-2008, 07:47 PM
rezf is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Moogle
The cost/hp is about the same as the 911 X51 power pack. - 25k for 25hp

Bad value indeed.
I have very different information. The head of service at my Aston dealership called me about the upgrade Friday. The upgrade will increase the HP to 400, but the cost is $4000 for the parts and 6 hours labor quoted, so total was about $5000.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:40 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by rezf
I have very different information. The head of service at my Aston dealership called me about the upgrade Friday. The upgrade will increase the HP to 400, but the cost is $4000 for the parts and 6 hours labor quoted, so total was about $5000.

Wow, that's not too bad. I assume it would have a factory warranty as well.

I need more info.

Adam

Old 10-27-2008, 07:05 PM
rezf is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by alevine
Wow, that's not too bad. I assume it would have a factory warranty as well.

I need more info.

Adam
Yes,
I was reassured this is a factory authorized upgrade

Old 11-02-2008, 06:23 PM
OK - got the scoop - or at least almost all of the scoop. I was at my dealer today - test drove the 2009 - that is another story that I have posted on new thread. The 4.3 power kit increase is +20 to 400 bhp & +10 to 420 Nm torque - providing "crisper throttle response and stronger performance". Explained as like the N400 limited edition (so no this will not increase a N400 car).The kit price is around $3500-4000 installed - they believe, still working on final but pretty sure that is the ballpark. Takes about 6 hours to install and parts depend on VIN number but mostly consist of - new black Manifold, Valve airbox, gaskets, fuses, fuse box/ECU link leads, ECU reprogram, seals, and a manifold badge. Yes this will not affect factory warrenty as it is installed by dealer and designed by the factory.
This next part is unofficial, but a "performance" exhaust could also increase the bhp in addition to this kit ... they do not offer a "factory" one ... guess you can read between the lines and go aftermarket with one that is a bit more "open".
So you get 1/2 way to the difference of a 2009 ... which is a 4.7 w/ 420 bhp ... with this kit. About $200 per HP ... don't see that $ value from P-car or F-car upgrade packages .... +1 for AM and trying to keep current customers happy !!!

Old 11-03-2008, 05:35 PM
acabrera will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Michael 996TT
OK - got the scoop - or at least almost all of the scoop. I was at my dealer today - test drove the 2009 - that is another story that I have posted on new thread. The 4.3 power kit increase is +20 to 400 bhp & +10 to 420 Nm torque - providing "crisper throttle response and stronger performance". Explained as like the N400 limited edition (so no this will not increase a N400 car).The kit price is around $3500-4000 installed - they believe, still working on final but pretty sure that is the ballpark. Takes about 6 hours to install and parts depend on VIN number but mostly consist of - new black Manifold, Valve airbox, gaskets, fuses, fuse box/ECU link leads, ECU reprogram, seals, and a manifold badge. Yes this will not affect factory warrenty as it is installed by dealer and designed by the factory.
This next part is unofficial, but a "performance" exhaust could also increase the bhp in addition to this kit ... they do not offer a "factory" one ... guess you can read between the lines and go aftermarket with one that is a bit more "open".
So you get 1/2 way to the difference of a 2009 ... which is a 4.7 w/ 420 bhp ... with this kit. About $200 per HP ... don't see that $ value from P-car or F-car upgrade packages .... +1 for AM and trying to keep current customers happy !!!
Michael,

What part of the country are you in? I'm wondering if the Tampa dealership (and the soon to be opened Orlando dealership) would give a similar price for the upgrade. If so, I'm thinking this is just what I need for my '06.

Also, did you have a particular aftermarket performance exhaust in mind? How much more BHP do you think the exhaust would add?

Old 11-04-2008, 08:42 AM
I am in St Pete and bought my car from Tampa AM dealer (closer to me). I deal w/ Tom Heinz (sales) as they are still working on a new service rep. Tom is very good - tell him Mike C from St. Pete sent you. The data I posted came from Tom and a National AM Rep (Bill) this past Sunday - so in answer to you question I think you will get all the same pricing. The Tampa dealer has done me well - I also can recommend an independent shop in Tampa (C2 Design) for your AM, they are very good.
I have bought all my mods from Hershel at RSC in Miami. They are not "factory" parts but so far everything has been working fine. PM me and I can give you details. I have installed 3 exhausts on my car w/ 200 cell cats (stock is 600 cell) and can give you feed back there too.
You now have some choices in mods and some good shops in Tampa !

Old 11-05-2008, 03:53 PM
acabrera will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Michael 996TT
I am in St Pete and bought my car from Tampa AM dealer (closer to me). I deal w/ Tom Heinz (sales) as they are still working on a new service rep. Tom is very good - tell him Mike C from St. Pete sent you. The data I posted came from Tom and a National AM Rep (Bill) this past Sunday - so in answer to you question I think you will get all the same pricing. The Tampa dealer has done me well - I also can recommend an independent shop in Tampa (C2 Design) for your AM, they are very good.
I have bought all my mods from Hershel at RSC in Miami. They are not "factory" parts but so far everything has been working fine. PM me and I can give you details. I have installed 3 exhausts on my car w/ 200 cell cats (stock is 600 cell) and can give you feed back there too.
You now have some choices in mods and some good shops in Tampa !
Forgive my ignorance, Michael. How do I PM you?

Old 11-05-2008, 04:12 PM
acabrera - Click on the michael 996TT that is highlighted in top left - by picture of the car (avatar). Then choose from drop down box to send a PM.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:49 PM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
Any official word on the factory upgrade?

Old 11-15-2008, 03:25 AM
Originally Posted by Tahoe M3
Any official word on the factory upgrade?
Someone just had it installed on their car on www.amoc.org
They promised an update so look on the vantage forums there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AM Factory/Dealer Power Upgrade Kit for 4.3 ltr