Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Keeping exhaust valves open with an inline ball valve ?

Old 01-21-2014, 07:48 AM
V12Vantage has a spectacular aura aboutV12Vantage has a spectacular aura aboutV12Vantage has a spectacular aura about
Keeping exhaust valves open with an inline ball valve ?

I want to be able to keep the exhaust bypass valves open on my Vanquish without removing any fuses or adding interior switches. I can't easily find out which fuse is used for the vacuum pump on a 14MY Vanquish and I don't want to start pulling fuses ***** nilly in case I log fault codes I can't clear. Unlike Vantage and DB9 there is no rear fusebox.

I want to put an inline plastic ball valve into the vacuum line between the pump and the exhaust valves. There is plenty of room up in there to do this.

Has anyone else done this and if so where did you source the ball valve from, I'm in the UK and can't find anything suitable. It just needs a simple lightweight plastic valve that will hang in the pipe line, simple matter of opening and closing the valve as the mood takes you.

Last edited by V12Vantage; 01-21-2014 at 08:00 AM.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:43 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by V12Vantage
I want to be able to keep the exhaust bypass valves open on my Vanquish without removing any fuses or adding interior switches. I can't easily find out which fuse is used for the vacuum pump on a 14MY Vanquish and I don't want to start pulling fuses ***** nilly in case I log fault codes I can't clear. Unlike Vantage and DB9 there is no rear fusebox.

I want to put an inline plastic ball valve into the vacuum line between the pump and the exhaust valves. There is plenty of room up in there to do this.

Has anyone else done this and if so where did you source the ball valve from, I'm in the UK and can't find anything suitable. It just needs a simple lightweight plastic valve that will hang in the pipe line, simple matter of opening and closing the valve as the mood takes you.

On the New Vanquish that exhaust pump fuse is a shared fuse with ABS I think..

I install the Mild 2 Wild module in the LHR wheel arch area inline with the rear harness that opens the connection for the exhaust pump....on or off by press of a remote button

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 01-21-2014, 11:07 AM
V12Vantage has a spectacular aura aboutV12Vantage has a spectacular aura aboutV12Vantage has a spectacular aura about
Thanks Irish, can you give me a bit more information on this kit. I have not heard of it over here.
I have Googled this and see the bespoke kits are for Corvettes etc.
Could you give us a brief write up on the install on an Aston, which kit to buy etc.
I really like the look of the button switch on the drivers foot rest, that's a really cool mod.

Last edited by V12Vantage; 01-21-2014 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:04 PM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
If you are in the UK email these guys they have modded Vanquish2 and will be able to help

http://www.bamfordrose.com/contact-us.html

Old 01-21-2014, 01:26 PM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
A remote control relay is available on amazon for under $20. http://www dot amazon.com/Logisys-15AMP-Remote-Control-Connector/dp/B000PI9E4K?tag=5336064124-20
Check out the thread below:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-switch-3.html
Post #40 onward...similar module as used on the "mild-to-wild"

Last edited by DonL; 01-21-2014 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Added link
Old 01-21-2014, 01:53 PM
There is no rear fuse box in the Vanquish, the vacuum pump fuse also controls other functions, possibly the ABS. The fuse 22/15 mod is not exactly the same.

A switch could be installed at the feed into the vacuum pump, behind the right hand side rear bumper. I don't really want to start chopping into wires at the vacuum pump until I'm absolutely sure which ones. That's why I considered the on / off ball valve in the vacuum line to the flap actuators.

Old 01-21-2014, 02:46 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
If you want to just keep the valves open all the time can't you just pull the hoses and tie them off?

Old 01-21-2014, 02:57 PM
Yes, I suppose I could just do that too, it just doesn't seem a very elegant solution.

Old 01-21-2014, 02:57 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
There is no rear fuse box in the Vanquish, the vacuum pump fuse also controls other functions, possibly the ABS. The fuse 22/15 mod is not exactly the same.

A switch could be installed at the feed into the vacuum pump, behind the right hand side rear bumper. I don't really want to start chopping into wires at the vacuum pump until I'm absolutely sure which ones. That's why I considered the on / off ball valve in the vacuum line to the flap actuators.
The pump is to hard for accessing the connector..this is why I splice in the bypass module on top of the LHR wheel arch lining which is where the rear harness travells into the body..obviously arch lining needs to be removed...

..Or you can just pull off the vacuum feeds and fill the ends with silicone to prevent a leak which would cause the pump to overrun and burnout...

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9

www.velocityap.com

Old 01-21-2014, 02:58 PM
Basic Sponsor
BTW there is a small fuse box on the rear boot shelf, just the fuse that controls the exhaust valves and other things is now located in the CEM module

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9

www.velocityap.com

Old 01-21-2014, 06:08 PM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
Yes, I suppose I could just do that too, it just doesn't seem a very elegant solution.

I pulled the 2 vacuum lines off the valve. Placed rubber caps on the hoses ends as well as the 2 valve hose connecting ports. Took 15 minutes (on a cold muffler) works well and easily reversible and elegant from under my 07 DB9.

Old 01-21-2014, 07:27 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute

I think this is what you are looking for: plastic 2-way ball valve with barbed ends on both sides. You must have a similar type of industrial supplier in the UK?

http://www.mscdirect.com/FlyerView?p...alogs/big-book

See middle column at the top of the page.

Last edited by XJRS Owner; 01-21-2014 at 07:29 PM.