Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2007 DB9 price help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Rune is an unknown quantity at this point
2007 DB9 price help

What is the maximum price I should be paying for this 2007 DB9???
105K seems way to steep in todays market..................

http://www.rsfm.com/detail-2007-asto...t-3653756.html

Thanks.

Old 03-06-2009, 04:50 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Rune
What is the maximum price I should be paying for this 2007 DB9???
105K seems way to steep in todays market..................

http://www.rsfm.com/detail-2007-asto...t-3653756.html

Thanks.
Good-looking car set up right. I don't think 105 is too much, with the miles being the only slight negative if you can call it that. 6-speed coupe manuals are pretty rare. That car probably stickered in the 180's so it's a pretty good discount for 2 years. You could always hang out a low-ball number and possibly get it or someone else comes along and steals it away. Pay what it's worth to you and enjoy!

Old 03-06-2009, 12:13 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
Are umbrellas standard in Aston Martins???? My V8V does not have it. There's one on Ebay, they are asking $100 for it....

Old 03-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Obie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these parts
IMHO, 105 is high. Two big negatives: miles and the 6 speed. "Rare" on a car like this means that very few people ordered. This isn't about the merits of a manual vs automatic, just reality in terms of value. Also, there are so many low miles DB9's out there that you should be able to get a killer deal on this one. Low to mid 90's is my call.

As a reference point check this out. http://ferrarichat.com/forum/vbclass...p?do=ad&id=490

It's an 06 but only 6k miles and an auto. The car you are looking at is certainly not worth 15k more than this.

Old 03-08-2009, 03:54 PM
Rune is an unknown quantity at this point
Car is now offered to me at 97K.
It was built by Aston Martin for the LA auto show and was bought by it's first owner of the show. Signature plaque says LA Auto Show. Car is fully loaded. Sports pack Etc.
Any thoughts on it being a show car? Good, Bad?????

Old 03-09-2009, 05:26 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Obie1
IMHO, 105 is high. Two big negatives: miles and the 6 speed. "Rare" on a car like this means that very few people ordered. This isn't about the merits of a manual vs automatic, just reality in terms of value. Also, there are so many low miles DB9's out there that you should be able to get a killer deal on this one. Low to mid 90's is my call.
Rare is rare, regardless. There's a lot less manuals made and when people look to buy a sports car, many look for a manual transmission especially when the automatic is just an automatic, and not F-1 or e-gear like Ferrari and Lambo. My guess is a manual will ADD value going forward, but it's just a guess and won't matter much in terms of dollars at resale.
As to the question of to worry if it's a show car, I wouldn't so long as the condition is right. You know people had their hands all over it, but that was years ago and it's obviously seen some road miles since. It seems like a nice car, the way you want and they lowered the price.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:20 AM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
2 years old, 7k miles a year, and buying at 50% MSRP - how can that not be a good deal ? I personally would want the 5 speed .... if I were not so happy w/ my Vantage I would be all over this !

Umbrellas ... cool addition (option), and the show car thing is a nice conversation piece, not a negative nor +$$ value - IMHO.

Old 03-09-2009, 11:24 AM
Obie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Red Devil
Rare is rare, regardless. There's a lot less manuals made and when people look to buy a sports car, many look for a manual transmission especially when the automatic is just an automatic, and not F-1 or e-gear like Ferrari and Lambo. My guess is a manual will ADD value going forward, but it's just a guess and won't matter much in terms of dollars at resale.
Who knows what the future holds but right now, the manuals are selling 10k below the autos according to my dealer and some wholesalers won't take a manual at any price.

Old 03-11-2009, 05:12 AM
Originally Posted by Obie1
Who knows what the future holds but right now, the manuals are selling 10k below the autos according to my dealer and some wholesalers won't take a manual at any price.
True that none of us knows what the future brings. Buy what you like, know that you'll lose money regardless and waiting for the absolute "best" price will most-often be a losing proposition in some way.