Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Damn! My 09 Vantage Crapped out again

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 08:45 PM
StuM is on a distinguished road
Damn! My 09 Vantage Crapped out again

Well, my so-called AM eng computer and tranny software reprogram only held for about 4 days. After its' prior, week-long stay at the shop, my 09 Vantage is back to quietly stalling as I drive city streets and come up to stop lights and slow-down points. Just drops to 0 rpm and is off. No drama, just stops! Have to stop, punch out ECU (key), reinsert and restart. Almost got rear ended twice yesterday!
So, for the third time in about a month it went off to the AM store on their flatbed. I will say, they responded quickly to come and get it after only being advised last night.

Once again, AM in the UK has supposedly been notified. I told them, "no more simple software upgrade attempts. Do something else, as this car is unsafe to drive." If they can't correct the repeated faults we're going to have to consider moving to more drastic (ie legal) actions. This is simply crap for such a car to fail to operate this way.

Other potential buyers, beware!
!~@#$%^&*()

Old 07-17-2009, 01:35 AM
speedyousuf will become famous soon enough
I know how you feel man. I'm sure AM will do something about it or else hire the best lawyer and sue there ***!

Old 07-17-2009, 02:42 AM
ishmerc will become famous soon enough
sound like Ca lemon apply to your car ,they have to buy your car back if they can't fix the problem after 3 tried

Old 07-17-2009, 02:57 AM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
Sounds like a typical Maserati type problem.

Old 07-21-2009, 02:27 PM
Waterboy is on a distinguished road
lemon

Old 07-21-2009, 05:35 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
orange

Old 07-21-2009, 06:01 PM
jtill75 has much to be proud ofjtill75 has much to be proud ofjtill75 has much to be proud ofjtill75 has much to be proud ofjtill75 has much to be proud ofjtill75 has much to be proud ofjtill75 has much to be proud ofjtill75 has much to be proud ofjtill75 has much to be proud of
pos?

Old 07-24-2009, 06:25 PM
StuM is on a distinguished road
Still in AM Store

Re my repeat stalling problems:
So, we go into week #3 with 09 Vantage still in shop. They have now divulged that they have found deficient and are changing: fuel pump, air boxes/mass air flow meter, ignition key slot/receiver, and reprogramming the ECU for teh 4-5-6yth times, again. All are some reported out of spec. Makes me really begin to wonder about the quality control at AM, if all of these areas can be out of spec on a 4 month old car!
It really irked me when one of their comments was, "....well we could only get it to stall out in operation one time today...so the problem must be getting better or is corrected...". My thought - Oh yeah, I guess an unexpected stall out of a car like this, for no apparent reason, during high density traffic driving, is ok? Why yes, of course, paid all this money for a car that stalls out and puts me in an unsafe situation when least expected! I now suspect their test driving has put more miles on the car than I have!
Maybe....., maybe they will flatbed it back to me next week. We'll see. I'm not holding my breath any more. Lemon, orange or POS? I'm beginning to believe all three!

Old 07-24-2009, 08:01 PM
Jay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud of
I hate to say it but it really sounds like they have no idea how to find the problem and they are replacing things in the hope the problem disappears.