6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   Finally Posting My Vantage (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/180861-finally-posting-my-vantage.html)

JeffRB 08-02-2009 11:24 PM

Finally Posting My Vantage

2 Attachment(s)
I have been visiting 6 speed for years but never posted my car.

Proud owner of the following 2007 SS AMV8; with many modifications. currently pulling between 420 - 425 hp

Kahn RSC wheels: powder coated black
- 20 X 11 rear (w/ 295/25/20) with 3mm spacers
- 20 X 9 front (w/ 255/30/20)

Lowered 1 inch by AM dealer: H&R springs, improved handling and stance

Carbon Fiber: mirrors, rear diffuser from RSC

Carbon Fiber front spliter: Autosport Design

Tubi stage one exhaust:

Aston Martin Factory updgrades:
- N400 power upgrade kit (air box, new ECU, fuse box,
etc)
- N400 side skirts

Additional power mod: RSC ECU remap (big difference in power)

Smoke tail lights and corner lights

RSC 200 cell count cats installed, and they are fantastic.

Greater power in the midrange. Without dyno numbers (seat of the pants) it feels noticeably faster than the 09'4.7 that I drove.

Great products from RSC!

GDarnall 08-03-2009 12:07 AM

sick looking Aston! welcome

mingso 08-03-2009 04:34 AM

2 Attachment(s)
welcome and great looking car ,i have the same wheel tyre and suspension set up as yours

x-tian-230k 08-03-2009 11:26 AM

Sick lookin car! Gread Mods

JT3 08-03-2009 11:47 AM

I like the convex look!

Stuart Dickinson 08-03-2009 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by JeffRB (Post 2485676)
I have been visiting 6 speed for years but never posted my car.

Proud owner of the following 2007 SS AMV8; with many modifications. currently pulling between 420 - 425 hp

Kahn RSC wheels: powder coated black
- 20 X 11 rear (w/ 295/25/20) with 3mm spacers
- 20 X 9 front (w/ 255/30/20)

Lowered 1 inch by AM dealer: H&R springs, improved handling and stance

Carbon Fiber: mirrors, rear diffuser from RSC

Carbon Fiber front spliter: Autosport Design

Tubi stage one exhaust:

Aston Martin Factory updgrades:
- N400 power upgrade kit (air box, new ECU, fuse box,
etc)
- N400 side skirts

Additional power mod: RSC ECU remap (big difference in power)

Smoke tail lights and corner lights

Next up: 200 cell count cats by end of this summer (should add approx. 20 hp)

Jeff

It looks sinister... but classy, just like an Aston should.

JeffRB 08-03-2009 01:52 PM

Hershel and Stewart:

love the ECU remap, car is definitely more responsive. Thanks for the quick turnaround.

Can you send me info. (specs, perforamance dyno) etc. on adding the 200 cell cats.

Has anyone installed these yet? Any issues? Performance changes?

thanks, Jeff

Stuart Dickinson 08-03-2009 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by JeffRB (Post 2486319)
Hershel and Stewart:

love the ECU remap, car is definitely more responsive. Thanks for the quick turnaround.

Can you send me info. (specs, perforamance dyno) etc. on adding the 200 cell cats.

thanks, Jeff

6speeder rmrmd1956 has got these on his supercharged vantage and has confirmed 20RWHP - on a normally aspirated car that works out to 20BHP which is a consistently achievable figure. Not sure exactly what your car would make with the ECU, cats and the Aston upgrade as we haven't got a figure for that.

Throttle response is greatly improved, more aggressive sound than just the exhaust (both volume and quality of sound - more raw) We have never had a set of these catalysts throw a code and that includes Vantages, DB9s, DBS, and the aforementioned supercharged Vantage. Not the case with some other products on the market - I know rmrmd1956 had to change over from another company's cats to ours because they kept throwing codes.

PM me with your number or email Stuart@RSCtuning.com and I'd be happy to give you a call to discuss further.

damon@tirerack 08-03-2009 02:49 PM

Perfect.

fsdell 08-03-2009 02:54 PM

Super nice, well done
Want to asked than with the factory upgrade, why still need the RSC ecu remap? Are they doing the same thing?

Tahoe M3 08-03-2009 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by fsdell (Post 2486425)
Super nice, well done
Want to asked than with the factory upgrade, why still need the RSC ecu remap? Are they doing the same thing?

Yeah I wondered that myself. Presumably the RSC tune is more aggressive than the power kit tuning, and much of the power gain in the power kit comes from the revised intake.

Tahoe M3 08-03-2009 03:35 PM

Looks just about perfect Jeff. I love the N400 sills...should have mine on in a few weeks.

The wheels look like the RS-Vs, not the RS-Cs. They look great but they've gotta be heavy...did you feel a difference vs. stock?

Stuart Dickinson 08-03-2009 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by JeffRB (Post 2486319)
Hershel and Stewart:

thanks, Jeff

Thought everyone might like to see this shot - have had it on my phone for a few weeks and just didn't get round to downloading it. This is a side by side comparison of the RSC cat with the OE cat. You can see why these are worth more than a couple of horses, the OE pieces are clumsy, restrictive and built to a price. You can also quite clearly see the heat ring on the OE cat from where it has overheated and begun to break down the internals. There's so much kinetic energy contained in the hot and rapidly flowing exhaust gases and the more restrictive the cats are the more of that heat gets transferred into them.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...tonCats001.jpg

Drachefeuer 08-03-2009 09:30 PM

I love the addition of the N400 side skirts! It really complements the rest of the car well.

XJRS Owner 08-03-2009 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Stuart@RSC (Post 2486705)
Thought everyone might like to see this shot - have had it on my phone for a few weeks and just didn't get round to downloading it. This is a side by side comparison of the RSC cat with the OE cat. You can see why these are worth more than a couple of horses, the OE pieces are clumsy, restrictive and built to a price. You can also quite clearly see the heat ring on the OE cat from where it has overheated and begun to break down the internals. There's so much kinetic energy contained in the hot and rapidly flowing exhaust gases and the more restrictive the cats are the more of that heat gets transferred into them.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...tonCats001.jpg

I must be missing something. If someone asked me which cat was more restrictive, it would be pretty obvious to me that the one on the left is, having significantly less volume than the one on the right.

Do you have flow test numbers to back up your claim?