Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Emission System Service Required

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 10:32 AM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
Is the O2 sensor covered by Manf. warranty? I am assuming that the cats need to come off, for that I need a garage with a lift and tools... which I don't have. My 24 months inspection is due, so I guess I will have them change it. Thanks for everyone's input.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:59 AM
RPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to behold
Emission System Service Required

The dealer change them for free because i was instaling the N400 Intake kit and Regular service but i think you should try with any shop that has a lift , and with regular know-How you should be able to fix this.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage/AM Power Upgrade/Tubi.
2008 G55 AMG.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:13 AM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
Ray,
Thanks for the info. I will get the sensors hopefully by mid next week and get it on a lift.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:41 AM
acabrera will become famous soon enough
Update...

So, it's been over a week and the engine light is still on. My AM guy did recommend bringing it in for a look but I haven't scheduled anything just yet for heading to Orlando.

Basically, here's where we are:
  • The car is still running just fine
  • I have been driving it both aggressively and conservatively for the last 10 days
  • Worried? No
  • Annoyed? Yes
I will keep you all posted when something changes. Stay tuned...

Old 10-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by acabrera
Update...

So, it's been over a week and the engine light is still on. My AM guy did recommend bringing it in for a look but I haven't scheduled anything just yet for heading to Orlando.

Basically, here's where we are:
  • The car is still running just fine
  • I have been driving it both aggressively and conservatively for the last 10 days
  • Worried? No
  • Annoyed? Yes
I will keep you all posted when something changes. Stay tuned...
Have you taken a look at your catalysts? The OE items are pretty restrictive and not that good at dissipating heat. I have seen a few of them that have overheated and broken down the matrix inside. You can usually tell from the heat ring around the outside of the cat. Other than that I think Lambda sensors might be the culprit.

Old 10-14-2009, 12:03 PM
Same scenario as Acabrera. I will be getting the Portable Diagnostic device tomorrow and will see what the dilio is. Tried driving it hard and normal, same poopoo. And yes, it's annoying... The problem is that I have 6 inches of snow outside, no way I can get it to Calgary. The sucky part is that I am about ready to pull the triger on a Maserati GT...

Old 10-14-2009, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by Stuart@RSC
Have you taken a look at your catalysts? The OE items are pretty restrictive and not that good at dissipating heat. I have seen a few of them that have overheated and broken down the matrix inside. You can usually tell from the heat ring around the outside of the cat. Other than that I think Lambda sensors might be the culprit.
Stuart,

Is this something that can easily be checked without a lift?

Old 10-14-2009, 02:16 PM
JeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant future
Did any one try to purchase the OBD2 portable diagnostic tool, as I did (see my recommendation earlier in this email string). Once I reset the emissions warning lite (wipes it off the ECU); I have had no re-occurance yet (fingers crossed). I took it out for a drive last weekend, really hammered it (awesome acceleration and sound with RSC setup), and no warning lite for emissions went off.

I figure that this can happen as a random occurance (even though it should not).

I highly recommend the OBD2 diagnostic tool. I carry it in the Aston trunk (its comes in its own case) in case of a re-occurance. It literally takes 2 minutes to clear the code and reset the ECU. Much better than the hassle of going to the dealer for the reset (unless your O2 sensors or cat is bad).

Jeff

Old 10-15-2009, 12:08 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by acabrera
Stuart,

Is this something that can easily be checked without a lift?

You could do it without a lift but you'll still need to jack the front end up on axle stands.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:06 PM
I got the Innova 3150 today, hooked it up and gave me 2 codes. First one was the temperature in some kind of relay and to my stupidity I pushed the eraser which performed a reset on the Car's computer... I wasn't able to see the second code but I will take the car out for a short ride and see if the maintenance message comes back. So to make things clear, the OBD2 tool did clear out the message Best investment ever !!!! I will go and do a moving diagnostics of the vehicle in a bit and leave some feedback.

Last edited by SonicKrack; 10-15-2009 at 07:50 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:19 PM
Just got back from a 20 mile drive. Did some normal driving and some hard as well. No codes popped up, I guess will see how it behaves on longer trips.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:55 PM
Update...

I have some good news! I was making my way onto a highway earlier today and all of a sudden, the engine light went away.

It happened while I was accelerating so I'm not sure if that is what triggered. It could have been the fact that it was only a few minutes after starting it up that allowed the internal tests to reset the code.

I've been driving the car for a few hours since then and everything appears to be fine.

Old 10-16-2009, 04:01 PM
Well,

That is some great news!!! I hope it stays that way...

Old 10-22-2009, 10:35 AM
P-Gunna is on a distinguished road
the same happened to me and I was told to tighten the gas cap. the light went away after a few starts but is back again!

Old 10-22-2009, 11:19 AM
Holson is on a distinguished road
pull the codes

mine was p0133 or something like that, slow response o2 sensors. replaced front (pre-cat) o2 sensors and so far so good

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Emission System Service Required