6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   Should I pull Fuse 22? (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/216251-should-i-pull-fuse-22-a.html)

mdc 07-05-2010 11:34 PM

Should I pull Fuse 22?

Do I ask the dealer to do this in-order to keep the warranty, or this is a DIY deal? What issues should I be on the look out for?

donahdi 07-06-2010 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by mdc (Post 2898920)
Do I ask the dealer to do this in-order to keep the warranty, or this is a DIY deal? What issues should I be on the look out for?

I learned about fuse #22 here on this very forum through the wonderful people.. I own a DBS, so I will talk about my experience with my car, I don't know if it would be different with other models. When I learned about Fuse #22, it was before I picked up the car from the dealer, so on the day of pick up, I asked the sales manager about it, he smiled and said 8 out of 10 customers ask to take it off, I asked him if it would make any issues with the car and or the warranty, he said not at all, he then went to the back of the car and pulled it out him self and gave it to me..

I have the car now for three months, I don't know how it sounds like with the fuse plugged in, cos the day I took it out, the fuse was plugged out from the dealer.. no issues what so ever, The only issue to worry about would be people some times stop walking and turn their heads back to see what in hell is that sound coming from. even on a very low RPM. I mean if you don't like that, and you like to be more discreet, then I think leaving it in is better..

Salute..

Swoody 07-06-2010 06:14 AM

Do it....We did mine at the dealership when I bought it.

Racer_X 07-06-2010 06:51 AM

It depends upon whether you want the car louder below 4,000 rpm or not. If so, pull it. If not, don't. I have yet to hear any evidence of a problem caused by pulling the fuse, from owners or AM. Also, you can always just put the fuse back in if you want.

Tahoe M3 07-06-2010 07:16 AM

Great for sound, but you will lose low-end torque. Try it both ways and see which you like more.

mdc 07-06-2010 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Tahoe M3 (Post 2899171)
Great for sound, but you will lose low-end torque. Try it both ways and see which you like more.

Do I just look in the manual and find where it is located? — thanks

Racer_X 07-06-2010 01:13 PM

The fuse panel is in the trunk behind a carpet panel on the side wall near the passenger-side tail light. Pull open the carpet panel and you will see the fuse panel. The fuses are labeled by number on the fuse panel.

markesq 07-06-2010 01:17 PM

You can also unplug the two vacuum lines that go to the exhaust and unplug them.

mdc 07-06-2010 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Racer_X (Post 2899485)
The fuse panel is in the trunk behind a carpet panel on the side wall near the passenger-side tail light. Pull open the carpet panel and you will see the fuse panel. The fuses are labeled by number on the fuse panel.

Thank you, I just want to try it and hear how it sound ; }

Racer_X 07-06-2010 01:53 PM

Although you don't necessarily need it, it's easiest to pull the fuse with a fuse puller tool. The tool looks like a plastic tweezers and can be picked up at most automotive stores.

astondude 07-06-2010 02:07 PM

I agree with everything posted here. However, keep in mind that you need to put the fuse back in for your yearly state emissions test or you won't pass. I recall AM of Tysons Corner released a note on that last year. Basically removing the fuse keeps the exhaust bypass valve open that causes the car to "roar" at low rpms since the bypass valve normally opens at 4000 rpm and above.

mdc 07-06-2010 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Racer_X (Post 2899523)
Although you don't necessarily need it, it's easiest to pull the fuse with a fuse puller tool. The tool looks like a plastic tweezers and can be picked up at most automotive stores.

OK, thanks, will go look for that. I juts do not want to break anything, not that handy... will put reading glass on to make sure I pull the right fuse

Racer_X 07-06-2010 02:24 PM

As far as DIY goes, this is pretty easy.

donahdi 07-06-2010 03:03 PM

I hope this helps :)

http://www.derbymotorservices.com/fa...ton+Martin+DB9

lawin 07-06-2010 03:26 PM

pulled it the day i got the car. no issues, only enjoyment :)