6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   In the spirit of competition, Texas Mile thoughts? (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/217471-spirit-competition-texas-mile-thoughts.html)

sgt d 07-18-2010 04:59 AM

In the spirit of competition, Texas Mile thoughts?

Well for those that may have read my introduction, I have a go fast problem and after doing some research I have found that there are not alot of people that have gone crazy with this car so my thoughts were doing the Texas Mile.

I have to stay out of the states for tax purposes but I will be back for the March mile, I have driven the Shelby out there for two events. I love the fun and competition, my question to the group is are there any Vantage guys that are trying to push the envelope and which direction do I need to go?

Although there is a small after market there does not seem to be much in the way of trying to go over 200 mph. I have seen one vendor offer an engine build in conjunction with a supercharger kit but is there any name that stands out above the rest and who is a good manufacturer of engine components? Ideally the plan would be to go turbo as I have expressed before, I would have to figure out the math for what kind of power and what kind of boost is needed to hit the 200 mph club. Keep in mind this is a pipe dream at this point and initially I wanted to just keep it simple but boredom keeps my mind at work, which always costs me in the end..lol.. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Tahoe M3 07-18-2010 05:57 AM

You would need a new final drive or a different gear ratio for 6th in order to make that happen. Top speed for a stock car is 175, but more importantly it is at 6800 rpm in 6th. Since stock redline is 7300, even with 1000hp you'd be hitting the 7300 redline at 186 mph. Getting a chip to push redline to 7500 would only net you a few mph...so your best bet is the gearing, which would be the main limitation.

sgt d 07-18-2010 07:14 AM

after i made the post i started putting pen to paper and that was one of questions. i am almost embarrassed to say i know very little about this car. just from the challenges i can see, this actually is pushing me further to do it....... i like a challenge and thanks for the info.

lol.. i kinda of figured i would see you reply in here, gotta love the modding!

rmrmd1956 07-18-2010 08:13 PM

You will need to drop the rear end gear ratio to 3.7 and have over 800HP to reach 200 in the mile.

sgt d 07-20-2010 01:17 AM

i am currently in contact with fastlane in houston, waiting to see what kind of plan and cost they see to get her there. i am excited to do this but it will be dependent on the cost.

MSIZZLE66 07-20-2010 01:39 AM

how dependent on cost?? with parts, fabrication, and labor this would cost upwards of 50k i would guess, this isnt boosting a mustang that thousands have came before. look at the lambo kits for over 60 and thats with a couple of hundred cars done. with a top quality car like yours you cant do any substandard work so only the bast for that car. Now with all that being said if your willing to pay to play i think this would be a sick project and i wanna subscribe to the build thread now.

sgt d 07-20-2010 02:17 AM

trust me, i am more than understanding on the cost and after initial sticker shock i will come to the conclusion. i have built a few cars and have dealt with the woes that come with it, i always end up running the cost up myself because i will not do or have substandard work. that green mustang of mine is the largest project i have done, very little of the original car exists at this point, i learned the hard way about the body and paint work with her and at the end of the day i easily have 40-50k in it, the car cost me 3k to start with.........

the fuel to this fire on the vantage is the fact that it appears as if nobody has pushed a project this far yet.

widebody350 07-20-2010 07:15 AM

I say go all out, V12 swap + Turbos.

Failing that, custom pistons, rods, heads, turbo system, standalone EMS, and a lot of time on the dyno.

Tahoe M3 07-20-2010 07:39 AM

ESX is the only one I know of that has a kit set up. Their built engine kit goes to 5 L displacement and then adds the supercharger with higher boost for a total of 1000hp. They haven't built one yet, but I know they're thinking of doing one as a halo car...unless someone comes along and wants one done.

The 1000hp figure seems high until you realize that I'm making about 630 hp at the crank using stock internals on a 4.3 with just 7 psi or so.

sgt d 07-20-2010 07:48 AM

tahoe, i am a mustang guy......... nothing ever sounds too high..lol

the green car is on 93 octane, the last mod i plan for it is to e85 and let her eat, now that i say that........... if i do go this route then e85 in the vantage would not be a bad idea

RFFG 10-22-2010 01:17 PM

Pics of the stang?

I had a turbo notch, fun car!

sgt d 10-22-2010 09:15 PM

^^ here you go.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-pictures.html

007 Vantage 10-25-2010 04:36 AM

aston is the wrong car for that event. That event is for supras, TT ford gt, TT gallardo, etc. have many buddies running 200+, all have those cars mentioned.

Just enjoy your aston as a gt / sports car
________
DEPAKOTE SETTLEMENT UPDATE

sgt d 10-25-2010 05:30 AM

^^ that is the point though, i am one of those guys too that likes to do the impossible..lol..

i have actually been giving it alot of thought though and i believe before i tear into this one i will take the 93 coupe out there and see what she can do. it really sucked this weekend not being able to go to the event but i will be out there in march.