Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Gaydon Factory Video Tour

Old 03-08-2011, 02:03 PM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Gaydon Factory Video Tour

Nice video production following the assembly of a DB9 through the Gaydon factory. It's worth watching till the end

http://www.streetfire.net/video/asto...s_2208645.htm#

Old 03-08-2011, 03:03 PM
gekko will become famous soon enoughgekko will become famous soon enough
Awesome!

Got to find the high res version now!

Old 03-08-2011, 04:00 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
Great video! Thanks for sharing. Some very interesting tidbit within. I had no idea the engine was assembled in Germany. Definitely worth the 42:00 minute watch.

Adam

Old 03-08-2011, 04:56 PM
droffsite will become famous soon enough
Cool video, thanks!

Old 03-08-2011, 05:56 PM
keitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of light
This was on TV in HD on Speed Channel the other night. Catch a repeat if you can.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:24 PM
The racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond repute
The "James Bonder" tool. Great video, a mix of old and new. So very similar to the 928, the TT, suspension and 50/50 balance.

All these factory video's are so enjoyable, ferrari, audi, lambo, vette, veyron, camaro, volt, 997, M1 ....

Old 03-09-2011, 08:27 AM
The racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond repute
Just read a report on another forum (credit to Heist) that Aston is entering a wide ranging partnership with Mercedes. If true, sounds like the end of AM to me.

Old 03-09-2011, 03:12 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by The racerx
Just read a report on another forum (credit to Heist) that Aston is entering a wide ranging partnership with Mercedes. If true, sounds like the end of AM to me.

Not sure I understand why it would be the end of AM??? VW owns Audi, Lambo, Bently, etc.

Old 03-09-2011, 03:23 PM
keitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of light
More likely it will be the end of AM if they *don't* team up with a wealthy partner.

Old 03-09-2011, 03:38 PM
The story said the agreement has AM sourcing engines and platforms from Merc. Now I know Ford technically owned AM for a while but it was more of a silent partner funneling money in but AM was still AM. Everything important done in house.

Currently AM engines are designed and built by AM along with the platform as we saw in the video. If this story is true it would relegate AM to an AMG or pininfarina imo.

Lambo is still made in Sant Agata with generations of consistency on the production line, so VW is more like Ford to them.

Audi, VW, and even Porsche have all been in bed since the 1930's.

AM has always been AM, a small independent old school builder, very unique. Seeing an AMG powerplant in there would change it materially.

Old 03-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Reworked AMG engines in the Zonda/Huayra don't seem to be a problem for Pagani

Old 03-09-2011, 04:32 PM
FadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of light
Seeing how a lot of people say that their current engine in the DBS is made from two Ford V6s, I highly doubt they make everything in-house. Cool looking though.

Old 03-09-2011, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by keitheva
Reworked AMG engines in the Zonda/Huayra don't seem to be a problem for Pagani
To me Zonda is all about sound and I would probably take the SL73 over the Dauer 962 wannabe.

http://www.luxury4play.com/mbz/72158...ml#post1220181

Last edited by The racerx; 03-09-2011 at 06:19 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by FadeToBlack
Seeing how a lot of people say that their current engine in the DBS is made from two Ford V6s, I highly doubt they make everything in-house. Cool looking though.
Not an AM owner so I have not done that much homework on that, but this I do know. AM reworked the V12 completely and in-house to create the 7.3 V12 for the One-77.

Not to mention all the one-off structural pieces. Part for part the One-77 beats the Zonda easily. So I guess the point is this may be the high water mark for AM, building a better engine and chassis than AMG and Zonda combined to a future where they won't do either IF the posted story IS true.

Last edited by The racerx; 03-09-2011 at 06:25 PM.