Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Labor to change out sport cats???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 05:30 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Labor to change out sport cats???

Hi guys,

As many of you know, I recently traded in my V8V. The car has RSC sport cats on it and I spoke to the dealer about getting them back so I can sell them (BTW, PM me if you are interested in purchasing them). The dealer quoted me 4 hours and $500 to remove the sport cats and replace them with the OEM cats, which I had held onto. Is it just me, or does this sound really high? I thought it would only take an hour or two tops to do this work.

Thanks.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:08 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
It is, its just two bolts per flange and a ball socket. 2 hours is more realistic at a lower labor rate than $125/hr.
________
URLUCKYCHARMXXX cam

Last edited by 007 Vantage; 08-24-2011 at 12:25 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:08 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Whoops, typo ... 3 bolts
________
VAPORIZER VOLCANO

Last edited by 007 Vantage; 08-24-2011 at 12:25 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:11 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
It is, its just two bolts per flange and a ball socket. 2 hours is more realistic at a lower labor rate than $125/hr.
Thanks, that's what I thought.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:13 AM
Update: I called the shop that originally installed the sport cats for me and they charged 3 hours of labor. That seems more reasonable to me, although I still say they could do it in 2 hours.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:10 PM
fohguy is on a distinguished road
Hi RacerX, as I'm new here, I wasn't able to PM you. I'm interested in the cats... Can you PM me with info?

Old 05-03-2011, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by fohguy
Hi RacerX, as I'm new here, I wasn't able to PM you. I'm interested in the cats... Can you PM me with info?
Sorry, but they are already spoken for. I don't anticipate the deal not going through, but if that happens for some reason I'll let you know.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:21 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
they are charging you the flat rate not the actual time it takes to remove/replace the cats.

i say its time for you to negotiate with your service guy.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER
they are charging you the flat rate not the actual time it takes to remove/replace the cats.

i say its time for you to negotiate with your service guy.
I did. They agreed to 3 hours of labor, which is fine with me at this point.