Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

- Eurocharged Custom "007" Tune for Vantage V8 -

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 12:35 PM
brumma has a spectacular aura aboutbrumma has a spectacular aura about
Thanks a bunch! I figured that's what you were talking about with the remote tuning as I've seen other guys use them on Mazdas, Suburus, etc. I'm looking forward to that!

Old 05-04-2011, 01:58 PM
maroli will become famous soon enoughmaroli will become famous soon enough
I see. Well, if anyone is interested in getting more power out their vantage, than metallic substrate cats are a no brainer. I hear there's also a tuner developing headers...between the two, that's probably another 20 hp gain right there. A 4.3 litre putting out 440 hp is a lot more of a respectable specific output than 380, that's for sure. Good job mate!
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
Maroli - The temps were closely monitored and are not showing any signs of overheating. The catalytic converters are being put under more stress, there is not denying that, however, I will be upgrading to high flow cats relatively soon.

In theory, it should extend the life of the catalytic converter since the car is not running so absurdly rich. Usually extremely rich conditions are what cause cats to fail prematurely, so I guess in theory it could actually extend the life of the cats.

Its impossible to determine exactly how it will effect the long term longevity of the cats. Since I will be replacing them sometime in the next few months I am not too worried about it. Metal core cats are much stronger and longer lasting and should be able to handle whatever you can throw at them.

Hope that helps,

Old 05-11-2011, 02:57 PM
Giampiero is on a distinguished road
great news..............thanks

Old 05-16-2011, 02:03 PM
watchrabbit is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sgt d
also, did you guys discuss removing the speed limiter?
Don't think there is one. Your natural speed limiter is the rev limiter in 6th gear .

That's why a Vantage S is capable of doing much faster speeds with only 10hp more. It hits the rev limiter much later because of its 7th gear.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:05 PM
watchrabbit is on a distinguished road
The 007tuning is only avail for the 4.3 engine, right?

Old 05-18-2011, 06:34 PM
markesq has a spectacular aura aboutmarkesq has a spectacular aura about
Very nice. Can't wait from the remote option. Any chance of putting down a deposit to use some OBD II equipment and then sending it back after the change?

Any idea of the time frame for OBD II remote setup?

Real anxious to try this tune.

Old 05-22-2011, 05:15 PM
So I can buy the tuner from them now, but they won't have the tune available for a couple of months?

Wonder if they could throw in a tune for my Tahoe?

Old 05-22-2011, 06:03 PM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
I will pickup 2 HP by upping the RPM a 100rpm more, but I'm not really doing it for more power, I just feel the car really needs the extra 100rpm. 400 rpm extra over stock will really make a world of a difference.
I wouldn't mind increasing redline on mine up from the stock 7300 to stretch out the power band, but I'm not sure it's worth it for me. I'd get more power but I think my risk would go up more. For a stock car, 7600 (300 over stock) is the highest I'd want to go.

Old 05-22-2011, 06:31 PM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
Actually, stock is originally 7200 in the ECU, not 7300 like most have stated. 7600 is +400 rpm over stock. If you want less they can always put it as a lesser rpm and customize the tune to your exact requested specifications.
Interesting...how could AM get that wrong? All of the official literature (including my manual) and all of the magazine tests indicated it was 7300rpm. Did you find something different during the tuning process?

This is from Car and Driver...it is all what AM gave as official engine specs except that max power is at 7000 rpm.

http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezfl...4df852475f.pdf

Old 05-22-2011, 07:08 PM
CRVETR has a spectacular aura aboutCRVETR has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Tahoe M3
I wouldn't mind increasing redline on mine up from the stock 7300 to stretch out the power band, but I'm not sure it's worth it for me. I'd get more power but I think my risk would go up more. For a stock car, 7600 (300 over stock) is the highest I'd want to go.
I agree Tahoe. Will the car take that redline? Quite possibly, but I would rather change the components within the engine to insure that the engine could handle it. Not worth the risk with just a tune only. My .02, however.

Old 05-22-2011, 07:21 PM
I have proof. The code itself stops at 7200rpm and thats where the power starts to drop off. Zero data after 7200 rpm. +300 helps but I still do not feel like it is enough especially in lower gears.

The motor can easily handle it safely over long term. Spoke to a few performance ford engine builders in town and they gave me lots of interesting specs on what these motors can easily handle.
Weird. Was this dyno data or data logged? The dyno guesstimates based on the calibration (that's why Stuart's recent dyno showed the wrong rpms and varied between dyno setups), whereas data logging reads the computer's measured rpm directly from the car. RMRMD got revs up to over 7300 when he data logged his car.

Old 05-22-2011, 08:31 PM
Interesting stuff...I wonder if the ECU cuts fuel at 7200 rpm because the engine continues to accelerate a bit after the fuel cutoff due to inertia. Maybe they arrived at the 7300 redline based on the estimated maximum speed the engine would hit if the fuel was cutoff at 7200 rpm. Just speculation...Mike would have to answer this.

Data logging definitely showed rpms over 7300 from what I saw. If this is the case and fuel cutoff is at 7200, then that will need to be taken into account when adjusting redline.

Last edited by Tahoe M3; 05-22-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:06 PM
AM Dragon Maker is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Tahoe M3
Interesting stuff...I wonder if the ECU cuts fuel at 7200 rpm because the engine continues to accelerate a bit after the fuel cutoff due to inertia. Maybe they arrived at the 7300 redline based on the estimated maximum speed the engine would hit if the fuel was cutoff at 7200 rpm. Just speculation...Mike would have to answer this.

Data logging definitely showed rpms over 7300 from what I saw. If this is the case and fuel cutoff is at 7200, then that will need to be taken into account when adjusting redline.
.... try the dyno runs in 3rd gear....

The redline is set gear specific. 3rd gear is a couple of hundred rpm higher to get 100mph in third gear at redline.
When it hits redline it doesn't cut fuel to limit rpm- it reduces throttle and backs out spark. For this reason the redline cut is smooth not harsh.

Old 05-25-2011, 06:14 PM
ahhh, very interesting.

Old 05-25-2011, 06:16 PM
AM Dragon Maker is on a distinguished road
I will go back to EuroC in the next few weeks for a v2.0 of the tune with some of the added updates to fine tune the ECU even more (no major changes just little refinements I want done to it)

Hopefully more info coming soon,
Very interesting. Are you stating that bespoke adjustments to driveability can be turned into reality - If so what do they do?

For the ECU mod only is there a definitive power increase being officially marketed by the tuning company?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: - Eurocharged Custom "007" Tune for Vantage V8 -