Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Glass key for 08 V8V

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 01:47 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Koooms
so if your getting the glass key on your 08 just to use the remote buttons... your going to carry your OTHER key to start it?.... two keys?
No..if you have a 2008+ Aston..DB9,DBS,Vantage..and you only have a plastic key. You can buy a glass key from dealer..etc, and you can have the glass key programmed the work just like your plastic key does for locking/unlocking/starting..

Who can program all the features to a new key: The dealer is the only one that can program all features

Can I program the new key myself to just start the car: Yes but this will require 2 already programmed keys to the vehicle(there is a Ford procedure that isn't to hard). BUT If you only have 1 key programmed to the vehicle, dealer is the only place that can get you a second new key programmed to start the car.

Can I program the new key myself to operate the locks: NO, there is nothing you can to program the key to unlock/lock/open trunk, this is only done by the dealer

Can I swap the internals of my plastic key to the new glass key I bought: Yes, you can swap the circuit board and chip to the glass key and thus the glass key will operate(vehicle will think it's the plastic key that is already programmed), but you will now have a inop plastic key.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:56 PM
zhuhai881015 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by irish07
You need 2 already programmed keys to program a new key to start the car..or just use the AMDS for both with only 1 programmed key available.

Every where will cost different, but don't be suckered to pay more than the 1 hour charge..also depends if your doing a service at the same time, cost can lower for the programming..again depends on the dealer near you
I've already got one key shipped from UK. But that key can neither start my car nor open it. What can I deal with that. And I asked my dealer to program it, he said I should give him the key code? But I don't know what is the key code...wtf...

Old 04-17-2012, 03:05 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by zhuhai881015
I've already got one key shipped from UK. But that key can neither start my car nor open it. What can I deal with that. And I asked my dealer to program it, he said I should give him the key code? But I don't know what is the key code...wtf...
When you have just a manual key to program, the dealer gets the code online, you cannot get this code.

When you have a only a remote(new or old types) to program, the key code is supplied in the plastic package with the remote(white sticker on the plastic package), with out these remote key codes the remote is useless and you will have to order a new one.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:27 PM
When you have just a manual key to program, the dealer gets the code online, you cannot get this code.

When you have a only a remote(new or old types) to program, the key code is supplied in the plastic package with the remote(white sticker on the plastic package), with out these remote key codes the remote is useless and you will have to order a new one.
I remember that one of my remote key (plastic) has a sticker on it. But it seems to be blurred... Can the dealer program my glass key with out the key code? Or what they will do if I can not provide the code.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:37 PM
millsjq has a spectacular aura aboutmillsjq has a spectacular aura about
You may have the wrong key type. For US and Japan the keys are 315 MHz, Keys for Europe are a different frequency. I bought two of the european keys from the UK. When I took them to the dealer to get programmed they would start the car but not unlock it or the other way around. Now I have to keys I need to sell to someone in the UK.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by millsjq
You may have the wrong key type. For US and Japan the keys are 315 MHz, Keys for Europe are a different frequency. I bought two of the european keys from the UK. When I took them to the dealer to get programmed they would start the car but not unlock it or the other way around. Now I have to keys I need to sell to someone in the UK.
Yeah, my key is 315 MHZ. I think it will work if I can find my key code to program it

Old 04-17-2012, 03:43 PM
No..if you have a 2008+ Aston..DB9,DBS,Vantage..and you only have a plastic key. You can buy a glass key from dealer..etc, and you can have the glass key programmed the work just like your plastic key does for locking/unlocking/starting..

Who can program all the features to a new key: The dealer is the only one that can program all features

Can I program the new key myself to just start the car: Yes but this will require 2 already programmed keys to the vehicle(there is a Ford procedure that isn't to hard). BUT If you only have 1 key programmed to the vehicle, dealer is the only place that can get you a second new key programmed to start the car.

Can I program the new key myself to operate the locks: NO, there is nothing you can to program the key to unlock/lock/open trunk, this is only done by the dealer

Can I swap the internals of my plastic key to the new glass key I bought: Yes, you can swap the circuit board and chip to the glass key and thus the glass key will operate(vehicle will think it's the plastic key that is already programmed), but you will now have a inop plastic key.
PLZ tell me how to program the new key to start the car. I have 3 plastic keys

Thxxxxx~!

Old 04-18-2012, 06:02 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by zhuhai881015
PLZ tell me how to program the new key to start the car. I have 3 plastic keys

Thxxxxx~!
Start car with programed key 1, turn off and remove key, insert second programmed key and start car, turn off and remove key..now insert the non programmed key and start the car...DONE!

Be advised nothing will work to protgam the key buttons to unlock/lock, this operation is done by the dealer

Don't take your time, you have like 10 seconds..or something around that to perform all 3 steps

Old 04-19-2012, 10:11 AM
Start car with programed key 1, turn off and remove key, insert second programmed key and start car, turn off and remove key..now insert the non programmed key and start the car...DONE!

Be advised nothing will work to protgam the key buttons to unlock/lock, this operation is done by the dealer

Don't take your time, you have like 10 seconds..or something around that to perform all 3 steps
It doesn't work. A error key message appears in the dashboard at the 3rd step. I have 3 plastic keys. Is that means I have to insert all of them to program my glass key? And I see a "regular service" message in the dashboard, is it covered under my warranty?

Old 04-19-2012, 10:40 AM
Basic Sponsor
I've never had it not work when I have 2 already programmed keys to the car and 1 non programmed key...I start the car with both already programmed keys then right away I start with the non programmed key..and it starts no prob after with that key once that method was done

Old 04-23-2012, 03:50 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
pretty complicated stuff on this thread ... glass keys, plastic keys, emotion controls, key fob controls...etc...

any advantage to having the original setup? put the key in, turn it, push the start button? be done with it, and go on. I've always thought more simple = less chance for things to break. dunno...

Old 09-07-2013, 05:50 PM
AstonAddict is a jewel in the roughAstonAddict is a jewel in the roughAstonAddict is a jewel in the roughAstonAddict is a jewel in the rough

Irish,

My wife bought me a glass fob as a present. We unwrapped it, I went to work and she threw away the wrapping. I have two plastic fobs for this car.

Hate to be dense, but do I understand correctly that I will now never be able to open the trunk and the doors with this new glass fob, just start and run the car? That is, the dealer cannot program this glass key to do everything without whatever number code was on the plastic bubble wrap?

Old 09-07-2013, 06:24 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by AstonAddict

Irish,

My wife bought me a glass fob as a present. We unwrapped it, I went to work and she threw away the wrapping. I have two plastic fobs for this car.

Hate to be dense, but do I understand correctly that I will now never be able to open the trunk and the doors with this new glass fob, just start and run the car? That is, the dealer cannot program this glass key to do everything without whatever number code was on the plastic bubble wrap?
We'll the key does come in a plastic package, no bubble wrap..hehe but I get the picture

Without the numbers in the package u are in possession of a very expensive paper weight...BUT there is a solution, just it'll cost u a bit. U can program the new glass key to start the car with no cost to u if u have 2 already programmed keys, however just like u understand the buttons on the remote will not operate at all without those magical numbers that are indeed a pain in the a**

Solution: u have to buy 1 new remote key for a 2005+ Volvo S40, keep the package!!(or a plastic Aston remote, which ever u can source cheaper) Take the Volvo remote(or plastic Aston remote) and ur glass remote apart..swap the internal circuit board..bring the glass key and Volvo package that has the programming numbers to a Aston dealer..they can now program ur glass remote to function like it should..u don't trust urself to take apart the remotes, not a problem, he dealer can take care of it when they do the programming..takes 2minutes to swap the internals

Solution #2: if u don't mind sparing one of ur plastic remotes, u can just swap the internal circuit board from a plastic remote to the new glass key..and then u would just have to program the engine Start to the glass key

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 09-09-2013, 07:45 PM
AstonAddict is a jewel in the roughAstonAddict is a jewel in the roughAstonAddict is a jewel in the roughAstonAddict is a jewel in the rough

Thanks, Irish. This procedure worked flawlessly and I now have the new glass fob starting the car. I will next transplant the chip from the donor fob.

Old 09-11-2013, 08:23 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by AstonAddict
Thanks, Irish. This procedure worked flawlessly and I now have the new glass fob starting the car. I will next transplant the chip from the donor fob.
Sry bud, just thought of something..the swapping of the internal is only for the Plastic keys..For the glass key, you cannot open the internal case to swap out the circuit board easily like on the pastic keys...You would have to either cut the plastic seam for it is glued, swap internals and then apply some kind of shim to the backing so the case is not loose in the surround...or buy a new SUB key which is the internal case with circuirt board from Aston part#
9G43-19H479-AA 315MHz(USA/CAN/JPN/Federal)

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Glass key for 08 V8V