Go Back  6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource > British > Aston Martin
Reload this Page >

RSC Tuning V8 Vantage 4.3L Supercharger Project Completed

Notices
Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

RSC Tuning V8 Vantage 4.3L Supercharger Project Completed

Old 03-03-2012, 09:51 PM
Korn58 is on a distinguished road
Awesome Stuart!!! Looks great, nice and clean. I have been waiting for you guys to give this project the green light to sell to your customers. Now I just have to come up with the money. Sure would be nice to get in on the first five with the free installation.

Old 03-03-2012, 10:07 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
Ha, yeah, I won't be supercharging the V12. I think 700+ would be just too much in this car.
Yes it probably would be too much.... but sometimes too much is not enough!!!

Only joking. I think the V12V is pretty well equipped as is. you're on the right track with the breathing mods, maybe a little ECU tune. Another 50 BHP and a nice soundtrack would suit your ride perfectly.

Old 03-03-2012, 10:10 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Korn58 View Post
Awesome Stuart!!! Looks great, nice and clean. I have been waiting for you guys to give this project the green light to sell to your customers. Now I just have to come up with the money. Sure would be nice to get in on the first five with the free installation.
Yeah, nothing fancy just putting the blower back on the old Jag 4.2!!!

It's been on the car for some time, just spent the time to get it 100 percent right and make sure it doesn't just make a big number on the dyno, but drives like a baby in traffic (that's why there's a little clip in that second vid of it pulling away on idle!)

Would be nice to have you in the first 5 too!

Old 03-04-2012, 07:26 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
What are the details of the intercooling Stuart?
Is it still water injection from the tank on the left hand side?
How is the map dynamically corrected for temperatures, pressures and fuel type?

Old 03-04-2012, 09:50 AM
rmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of light
That car looks awesome! Dynodynamics isn't called the 'Heart Breaker' dyno for nothing! You can probably expect 500rwhp on a dynojet! This all at 5.5psi, makes me think.....

Ralph's got a fantastic car there.

Last edited by rmrmd1956; 03-04-2012 at 09:52 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:51 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by mikey k View Post
What are the details of the intercooling Stuart?
Is it still water injection from the tank on the left hand side?
How is the map dynamically corrected for temperatures, pressures and fuel type?
What intercooling info are you after specifically mikey? There is no water injection system on this car, the GMR system which we originally wished to offer had water injection but as this is a totally different setup and we started from scratch we chose intercooling as the preferred option. The header tank you can see is for the intercooler, which has a radiatior mounted at the front of the engine bay near the bottom, and the heat exchanger inside the intake manifold.

The may is dynamically corrected for temperatures, pressures and fuel type in exactly the same way as a bone-stock car. We have not written the ECU from the ground up, or replaced the stock ECU with one written from the ground up. Instead we have utilized the existing architecture to change the aforementioned tables and achieve the correct timing, spark, expected throttle values, but all of the factory functions are retained within the ECU. So for example, if you have a lean condition caused by a faulty injector, the car will still recognize this condition, throw the appropriate code and take the correct steps (putting the car into limp mode if necessary.) Every sensor on the car is still feeding back to the ECU so the car still has the capacity to react to all of the conditions it is originally programmed to without compromise.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:54 AM
jrkr is on a distinguished road
Congratulations Stuart! Looks great...now I need to put the word out with my customers here in San Diego to see who needs it...

Old 03-04-2012, 12:23 PM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
Sounds like a terrific package!

Old 03-04-2012, 02:59 PM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
What intercooling info are you after specifically mikey? There is no water injection system on this car, the GMR system which we originally wished to offer had water injection but as this is a totally different setup and we started from scratch we chose intercooling as the preferred option. The header tank you can see is for the intercooler, which has a radiatior mounted at the front of the engine bay near the bottom, and the heat exchanger inside the intake manifold.

The may is dynamically corrected for temperatures, pressures and fuel type in exactly the same way as a bone-stock car. We have not written the ECU from the ground up, or replaced the stock ECU with one written from the ground up. Instead we have utilized the existing architecture to change the aforementioned tables and achieve the correct timing, spark, expected throttle values, but all of the factory functions are retained within the ECU. So for example, if you have a lean condition caused by a faulty injector, the car will still recognize this condition, throw the appropriate code and take the correct steps (putting the car into limp mode if necessary.) Every sensor on the car is still feeding back to the ECU so the car still has the capacity to react to all of the conditions it is originally programmed to without compromise.
That answers the questions nicely thank you
I seemed to recall previous packages (not just RSC) used water injection and there were concerns about lack of charge cooling when the water ran out.
Good to hear all the OBD monitoring remains intact and functional
That also means you can switch between 98 & 95 RON fuel with no det issues
Did you do an air/fuel ratio logging during the development?

I fitted a 12 psi intercooled SC package to a previous car and loved it
Really like the idea doing the same to my Vantage S

Old 03-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by mikey k View Post
That answers the questions nicely thank you
I seemed to recall previous packages (not just RSC) used water injection and there were concerns about lack of charge cooling when the water ran out.
Good to hear all the OBD monitoring remains intact and functional
That also means you can switch between 98 & 95 RON fuel with no det issues
Did you do an air/fuel ratio logging during the development?

I fitted a 12 psi intercooled SC package to a previous car and loved it
Really like the idea doing the same to my Vantage S
Previous packages did, and at one time RSC was hoping to market the GMR kit which does use water injection. That never really panned out for a variety of reasons, but that led to the kit we developed ourselves!

You will be able to use 95 RON fuel, the numbers I've quoted above were on US 93 PON (roughly equivalent to 98 RON in the UK.) Our programming tool will also allow you to switch between a couple of maps so you could keep a 101 RON map in there as well and switch back and forth.

We did log AFR extensively, yes. I think you mentioned having SC S2000? 12psi is a decent chunk of boost, but if you're familiar with that you'll know that 5.5psi is very little boost really. I actually know of a guy who built a cold air induction system for a Ferrari 355 which was running 3psi of boost once you hit about 60 MPH!

Old 03-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Yep 5.5 psi is relatively low and that gives me some confidence you have got your self a good package there

Old 03-07-2012, 11:47 AM
Surfer is on a distinguished road
Great job, you guys do nice work down here. Any more info on the 4.7, expecting more power with this package over the 4.3?

You guys need someone with a DBS willing to be a guinea pig for FI

Old 03-07-2012, 12:00 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
Great job, you guys do nice work down here. Any more info on the 4.7, expecting more power with this package over the 4.3?

You guys need someone with a DBS willing to be a guinea pig for FI
Thanks man! The 4.7 kit is really going to be virtually identical. I expect minimal alterations physically, and a little tweaking to the fuelling but that is about it. Should be up 40BHP on what the 4.3 is putting out, so let's call it around 480 at the wheels.

We may well turn our hands to the V12 engined cars in the futur e, I will be sure to keep you in the loop if we do!!! Shoot me an email - [email protected] and I will chat to you about it on email.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:57 AM
Former Vendor
Old 03-20-2012, 09:42 PM
Kyle2k is on a distinguished road
Has anyone ever done a forged bottom end for this car? Seems unlikely, but I wonder how difficult it would be to spec one out for this car?

EDIT: Another thing, I have never seen the engine bay with that big piece of plastic taken off, is there a lot of room in front of the engine in the nose of the car?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RSC Tuning V8 Vantage 4.3L Supercharger Project Completed

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.