Go Back  6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource > British > Aston Martin
Reload this Page >

RSC Tuning V8 Vantage 4.3L Supercharger Project Completed

Notices
Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Old 03-02-2012, 09:37 AM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond repute

Okay everyone.... this is going out later on today, but you heard it here first!!!! Wanted to give my 6speed fam a first look!

After 6 months of rigorous testing, including hundreds of dyno runs and thousands of miles of real-world driving, Racing Sport Concepts is proud to launch the RSC Supercharger package for the V8 Vantage 4.3L: Producing 451HP and 354ft/lbs of torque at the rear wheels (559BHP & 439ft/lbs at the flywheel.)

This package utilizes a TVS 1900 twin screw supercharger, renowned for whisper-quiet operation and stunning torque delivery from very low RPM. Running on just 5.5psi of boost, the end result is an immensely practical, usable power delivery with an incredible lack of noise, vibration or harshness. It is fully integrated with the ASM (Sportshift) transmission but will work equally well with the 6-speed manual.

In order to assess a safe limit for the additional power, all components of the engine, cooling system, drivetrain and ancillaries were analyzed in great detail. Fortunately for AM owners, the bullet proof engineering and sign-off standards stipulated by Ford resulted in over-engineered components allowing for these sorts of increases to be accommodated without overstressing them or compromising reliability.

RSCís package features a water intercooled charge-cooling system, so efficient that even after repeated dyno runs, the water in the system still runs lukewarm. Engine settings for fuelling, ignition timing, expected throttle and torque tables are all programmed directly through the OBDII port. This means all fuelling is delivered through the OEM fuel system and injectors, and all of the factory failsafes are retained within the ECU for full security.

A quick look around the engine bay reveals a clean, tidy installation which looks to the untrained eye as though it left the factory already installed, making for easy access for servicing. The price for the full package is $18,995 which includes all of the necessary components for installation. The first 5 superchargers will all be installed at our facility in South Florida, at which point the package will be available to ship as a kit, complete with installation instructions for an approximately 15-16 hour install. Every package includes a 1 year warranty on all of the components supplied.
We expect to release higher HP versions of this kit at a later date including fully built engines, and will be releasing the kit for the 4.7L cars as soon as fitment is confirmed.

Name:  IMG_0580.jpg
Views: 3404
Size:  155.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0581.jpg
Views: 1513
Size:  117.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0582.jpg
Views: 2188
Size:  155.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0583.jpg
Views: 1250
Size:  100.8 KB

Name:  RSCTuningV8VantageSuperchargerFinalDynoNumbers.jpg
Views: 1232
Size:  66.4 KB

Old 03-02-2012, 10:20 AM
Former Vendor
D2-Autosport is on a distinguished road
Very nice and big congrats. Can't wait to offer this as kits to our local NY/NJ/CT customers.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:36 AM
Vergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura about
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want one !!!!!

Old 03-02-2012, 12:38 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Dickinson has a reputation beyond repute
A couple of quick teaser clips for you. We'll have much more video at a later date, but a couple of decent bursts of acceleration in here, plus a nice slow pull-away so you can see just how refined it is on part throttle.

Old 03-02-2012, 02:50 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Hmmmm, trying to figure out how I can get one of those in my stocking for next Christmas lol.

What other mods are you running on your test car Stuart? Are there cats and exhaust on that? It sounds more raw but I'm wondering if that's do to outflow modification.

Have I read correctly that ECU tuning is part of this package? Is that just for the SC or would it be the 'standard' RSC tune that is tweaked to take into account the various mods that a car might also have on board?

Old 03-02-2012, 05:06 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
We expect to release higher HP versions of this kit at a later date including fully built engines, and will be releasing the kit for the 4.7L cars as soon as fitment is confirmed.
So when will the V12V version be available?

Old 03-02-2012, 05:26 PM
joe_vantage is on a distinguished road
The numbers look great! So, do I understand correctly you will include installation on the 1st 5 kits for the $19k?!

I am definitely interested!!

Old 03-02-2012, 07:46 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
What all does the "kit" include? Is there a non-chrome option?

Old 03-03-2012, 01:53 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Looking forward to more details on this and the 4.7 kit

Old 03-03-2012, 05:05 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Aston Curious View Post
What other mods are you running on your test car Stuart? Are there cats and exhaust on that? It sounds more raw but I'm wondering if that's do to outflow modification.
That car is running with high flow cats, 'Sports' exhaust and RSC/Brembo big brake kit. I forget if it has high flow filters on it or not (going back a few months when everything was first installed.)

Originally Posted by Aston Curious View Post
Have I read correctly that ECU tuning is part of this package? Is that just for the SC or would it be the 'standard' RSC tune that is tweaked to take into account the various mods that a car might also have on board?
Yes, absolutely. The ECU tuning is the most difficult to accomplish and critical part of the package. It is not the 'standard' RSC tune, with the addition of boost you have to do a number of things including adding fuel, retarding ignition, especially in the mid-range/peak torque, plus alterations to the expected throttle & torque tables. Fortunately it is all deliverable using our 'Livetune' units so anyone who has purchased NA ECU tuning from us who upgrades to a charger will already have the software delivery system in place.

Old 03-03-2012, 05:07 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
So when will the V12V version be available?
Depends, how soon can we borrow your car???

I know we would like to do a V12 version, need to look at some of the fitment as far as making the hardware compatible with the V12V + DB9/S/Virage I think. V12V is probably the trickiest, I'm not sure that the blower would fit under the hood. We may have to include a 'bubble' hood but we will shortly be releasing the V12V style hood so could probably figure that out. 700+ would be on the cards though!

Old 03-03-2012, 05:09 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by joe_vantage View Post
The numbers look great! So, do I understand correctly you will include installation on the 1st 5 kits for the $19k?!

I am definitely interested!!
Yes. First 5 kits will get free installation, done by us here in South Florida!!! After this it will be available as a 'kit' but we will probably limit it to a fairly small group of authorized installers.

Old 03-03-2012, 05:20 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by RossL View Post
What all does the "kit" include? Is there a non-chrome option?
I haven't got the full itemized list of every nut & bolt yet, but the main stuff....
  • Supercharger + drive shaft & pulley
  • Intake Manifold
  • Mounting Plate
  • Crank Pulley & Drive Belt
  • Intercooler Heat Exchanger
  • Intercooler hoses
  • Intercooler Radiator + Mounting Bracket
  • Header Tank
  • EGR etc. hoses & fittings
  • LiveTune Flashloader
  • Brackets, Belt Tensioner
I'm sure I've left something off there, but the long and short is that everything is included except fluids. There's no cutting, hacking, bending or welding required. The only irreversible part of the installation is drilling some small bolt-holes to mount the radiator for the intercooler and the header tank.

There absolutely is a 'non-chrome' option. The development vehicle was actually a customer car, and this was the customer's request. I don't think we have decided what the 'standard' options will be, but it would also be very easy to supply the charger cover in a bare metal option which would allow it to be primed/etched and painted in a custom finish prior to installation.

Old 03-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by mikey k View Post
Looking forward to more details on this and the 4.7 kit
Hi Mikey,

The scoop on the 4.7 kit.... I'm fairly certain that all the mechanicals will bolt straight on. Haven't had a really close up look at the 4.7 yet to see if there are any differences, but if there are they ought to be pretty minor (maybe a couple of different fittings would need to be supplied but that's about it I think.) The mapping will definitely need tweaking, but again that's probably going to consist of fine tuning fuelling.

Once we've installed the first 4.7 locally we should be able to send the kit out pretty sharpish. I have been told by a Florida 6speeder that he will send us his car for the first one so hopefully won't be very long.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:22 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Depends, how soon can we borrow your car???

I know we would like to do a V12 version, need to look at some of the fitment as far as making the hardware compatible with the V12V + DB9/S/Virage I think. V12V is probably the trickiest, I'm not sure that the blower would fit under the hood. We may have to include a 'bubble' hood but we will shortly be releasing the V12V style hood so could probably figure that out. 700+ would be on the cards though!
Ha, yeah, I won't be supercharging the V12. I think 700+ would be just too much in this car.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RSC Tuning V8 Vantage 4.3L Supercharger Project Completed

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.